Who is going to win the All Ireland Football title this year?

Started by snappiered, January 30, 2007, 02:07:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

esmonde

I think Louth could be the dark horses in Leinster this year

ziggysego

Louth? You having a laugh??

London will win the All Ireland this year.
Testing Accessibility

esmonde

Louth had a good season last year, won Division 2 of the league and the Tommy Murphy cup. While not earth shattering enough to build on. And lets face it outside Dublin and Laois there ain't much in Leinster

Baile an tuaigh

This last four years it has been Tyrone, Kerry, Tyrone, Kerry so this year has to be Tyrone again. I hope it is because they are a brilliant team to watch when they all click and when they are going full of the pipe.

cavan4ever

After seen tyrone against cavan with only 3-4 regulars i'm going for them.  They look the buisness and i have them backed to win the league and all-ireland at 20/1 with boylesports.

nrico2006

QuoteI think you should check the team sheet again v Laois (who dumped Tyrone out in a horrible day in Portlaois) Holmes, Gormley, Cavo, O'Neill all featured that day if memory serves me right!

True, but as you say they werent at full fitness. O'Neill had been out for a while with the hamstring while Holmes and Gormley went off in the previous game and werent seen again.  Cavlan along with O'Neill hadnt really played the whole summer and were nowhere near where they normally would be.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

loughshore lad

I think its very early in the year for this crack. From our own counties point of view (Tyrone) be under no illusions the return of McGuigan and Conor Gormley is key. Mcguigan is THE man in the tyrone setup, ask any of the managers and players of opposition counties who is Tyrones most influential player and you will get one answer. Gormley for me is the best defender about and irreplacable I would not swap him for anyone.
If these two guys are up and running again this season Tyrone will de very difficult to stop.

Over the Bar

QuoteMcguigan is THE man in the tyrone setup

Undoubtedley.  He can make average forwards look great with is distribution.  Whilst PTG is a irreplaceable, BMG was a greater loss in 2006 as he makes Tyrone tick.

SlimShady

i fancy the Dubs this year. saying that, i fancied them last year as well.

Its hard to see past Kerry but if there is going to be an upset it will be the Dubs me thinks.

bennydorano

For some reason I don't think Tyrone are going to count this year.  Kerry or the Dubs if I were betting at the minute.

SlimShady

Realistically speaking, (though no doubt the respective fans on here will disagree) every other county really have to step up a gear or two before looking at challenging Kerry.

nrico2006

To slim, as you said there will be fans disagreeing.  But apart from the semi and final last year, Kerry were pretty ordinary and struggled to beat the like of waterford and lost against cork.  Put the loss of a few players on top of that and really Kerry will have a lot to do this year
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

SlimShady

the key line in your post is-

'apart from the semi and final last year'

therefore they reached the semi of the AI playing ordinarily before upping it a step for the last 2 games.

GaillimhIarthair

I would probably put my money on either Dublin or Tyrone to win it out this year.  However, going for Tyrone is dependent on Brian McGuigan getting himself back to at least 85% of what he produced 2 years ago.  He WAS / IS the key man in that tyrone team.

mannix

Dublin have started well and with a few new faces could win it but I reckon the hype definetly gets to them and pillar is not very good strategy wise.My favourite to land Sam.
Tyrone are well able too provided they avoid mayo who have no fear of them.Last year showed a lack of panel strenght and the league will show how well they can live without peter cananvan.Tied with Mayo in my mind for Sam.
Kerry had the best players but lost a few of the really good ones and will do very well to retain Sam, in fact I doubt they will.
Mayo have been in 2 finals in 3 years and lost both to kerry, new management team with great backup and some quality players coming through could be enough to give them Sam if they were to avoid kerry in the final.
Armagh, I will get abuse but I think the goose is cooked.Kernan should have given the reins to a new man for a fresh attack and that would have been the best bet for armagh.Do not think they will win.
Cork, lack firepower and not a contender.
Galway have a chance if they could get a run with the quality they posess.
Laois,donegal and maybe fermanagh will do damage to the front runners in the qualifiers.