Donal Og's Book

Started by passedit, October 18, 2009, 11:24:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silky

He's a bollocks pure and simple.

I really dont care whether he's a hetrosexual bollocks or a homosexual bollocks.

longrunsthefox

Quote from: Reillers on October 24, 2009, 09:22:29 AM
It was a great interview, and fair dues to him. He's earned a lot of haters respect tonight and that's blatantly clear. I've said it before that this lad is made of steel but tonight he just showed how much so.

He's a tough, tough man.  I haven't seen a better performance in a TV interview for a very long time, even though it was clear that Turbridy hadn't much of a clue about the hurling side of it.
It gave a good insight into why he's been such a leader for Cork in the past, and will continue to be. Very proud of him tonight.

It was a very powerful performance and it was clear all right that he was nervous at the start, but he settled into it very well and came across brilliantly. The best I've seen him in an interview that I can recall. Fantastic stuff.

The courage he showed, and his blunt honesty was fantastic.

But at the end of all of that, and despite all that, you just know that he'll get hell next season on and off the pitch....
There'll be some mighty abuse thrown at him. And he can take it, he's a strong character clearly, I just hope that ther'll be people in the stands who will shut the minority up.

Never been so proud of the lad. Showed great guts tonight.

Certainly didn't earn my respect. The audience seemed determined to cheer any suggestion of Donal Og's dad been put in his place. First GAA star I've heard yet being able to regale us with his one night stand exploits... but it is politically incorrect to complain lest you be accused of homophobia. Then a wee story about his cheating. Does it not cross his mind he was booed because he is an obnoxious, self obsessed bollox?... doing GAA -GAY interviews now for Channel 4 and Daily  Mail...media whure.  You're proud of him Reileers? God help you and the rest of Cork if that is your hero. It was a sleazy interview.       

theskull1

Donal Og must consider you a great friend Reillers. You really are a crawler

It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

orangeman

It was a great interview, and fair dues to him. He's earned a lot of haters respect tonight and that's blatantly clear. I've said it before that this lad is made of steel but tonight he just showed how much so.

He's a tough, tough man. I haven't seen a better performance in a TV interview for a very long time, even though it was clear that Turbridy hadn't much of a clue about the hurling side of it.
It gave a good insight into why he's been such a leader for Cork in the past, and will continue to be. Very proud of him tonight.

It was a very powerful performance and it was clear all right that he was nervous at the start, but he settled into it very well and came across brilliantly. The best I've seen him in an interview that I can recall. Fantastic stuff.

But at the end of all of that, and despite all that, you just know that he'll get hell next season on and off the pitch....
There'll be some mighty abuse thrown at him. And he can take it, he's a strong character clearly, I just hope that ther'll be people in the stands who will shut the minority up.

TV must be real shite at the minute.  ;) :D   I know you're a big fan but steady on man.

What was the story about him going off and sleeping with yer man on some foreign holiday and getting up the next morning to be confronted with a load of big dogs ??? Where was this ?

Minder

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Galwaybhoy

Quote from: longrunsthefox on October 24, 2009, 11:57:47 AM

He's a tough, tough man.  I haven't seen a better performance in a TV interview for a very long time, even though it was clear that Turbridy hadn't much of a clue about the hurling side of it.

Certainly didn't earn my respect. The audience seemed determined to cheer any suggestion of Donal Og's dad been put in his place. First GAA star I've heard yet being able to regale us with his one night stand exploits... but it is politically incorrect to complain lest you be accused of homophobia. Then a wee story about his cheating. Does it not cross his mind he was booed because he is an obnoxious, self obsessed bollox?... doing GAA -GAY interviews now for Channel 4 and Daily  Mail...media whure.  You're proud of him Reileers? God help you and the rest of Cork if that is your hero. He gives me the creeps.         

Yeah he should have kept quiet about changing the balls.  If any other hurler was on the Late Late Show or if being gay wasn't the topic of the day then there would have been a lot more made of this.  But it will be ignored now.

I would also rather if he didn't get into the nitty gritty about his exploits with other men.  Don't want to be hearing that.

That said it took guts to go on TV.  He will probably suffer loads of abuse now, which is awful but then many other players have to put up with that as well.

orangeman

Quote from: Minder on October 24, 2009, 02:33:51 PM
Vietnam

Was yer man a Vietnamese ?

Vietnam - strage location for a team holiday. Different.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: orangeman on October 24, 2009, 02:50:58 PM
Vietnam

It's a tough life being a Cork hurler.

Tubridy really should have taken him to task over his cheating with the ball.

Reiller's from reading that post I'd say you're jealous of the man in Vietnam!

Aghdavoyle

You're getting carried away there reillers. the man did well but he's only telling his story, he's not dragging the country off its knees!

zoyler

I don't care about his sexuality and neither I believe do the vast majority of GAA supporters.  What I do care about is the damage the GPA have done and are doing to the GAA in general with their introducion of professionalism and greed into our games which is seeping like a cancer further and further into the organisation - eg two well known county managers visited county finalists in the west this week the fee being €500 in at least one case)

When will those like McCarthy get the chance to defend the old values on the Late Late Show?  Who will get the chance to explain what the €75 admission fee is used for?  How can somebody professing to love the GAA and all it stands for expect to be believed when he spices up his story with tales of one night stands with strangers and then sells it to the most anti Irish and anti Gay (Jane Moirs colum on Stephen Gately) tabloid in Britain.

BTW we are told 'coming outs' a big deal and then were told everybody in Cork knew anyway!

Whitehair

Vietnam

Was it not South Africa!?

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Whitehair on October 24, 2009, 03:04:39 PM
Vietnam

No his sister called him in South Africa to say word had broken that he was gay. His one night stand story was Ho Chi Minh.

Aghdavoyle

Quote from: zoyler on October 24, 2009, 02:58:18 PM
I don't care about his sexuality and neither I believe do the vast majority of GAA supporters.  What I do care about is the damage the GPA have done and are doing to the GAA in general with their introducion of professionalism and greed into our games which is seeping like a cancer further and further into the organisation - eg two well known county managers visited county finalists in the west this week the fee being €500 in at least one case)

When will those like McCarthy get the chance to defend the old values on the Late Late Show?  Who will get the chance to explain what the €75 admission fee is used for?  How can somebody professing to love the GAA and all it stands for expect to be believed when he spices up his story with tales of one night stands with strangers and then sells it to the most anti Irish and anti Gay (Jane Moirs colum on Stephen Gately) tabloid in Britain.

BTW we are told 'coming outs' a big deal and then were told everybody in Cork knew anyway!

To be fair to him i thought he was distinctly uncomfortable talking about that one night stand but it's the only thing tubridy seemed entusiastic about. it was in the book so he couldn't avoid it.

don't let reiller's over zealousness distort your objectiveness on the interview.

orangeman

Quote from: Whitehair on October 24, 2009, 03:04:39 PM
Vietnam

Shit - a big black one ? Doesn't bear thinking about.  ;)

gallsman

Quote from: Galwaybhoy on October 24, 2009, 02:44:40 PM
Quote from: longrunsthefox on October 24, 2009, 11:57:47 AM

Certainly didn't earn my respect. The audience seemed determined to cheer any suggestion of Donal Og's dad been put in his place. First GAA star I've heard yet being able to regale us with his one night stand exploits... but it is politically incorrect to complain lest you be accused of homophobia. Then a wee story about his cheating. Does it not cross his mind he was booed because he is an obnoxious, self obsessed bollox?... doing GAA -GAY interviews now for Channel 4 and Daily  Mail...media whure.  You're proud of him Reileers? God help you and the rest of Cork if that is your hero. He gives me the creeps.         

Yeah he should have kept quiet about changing the balls.  If any other hurler was on the Late Late Show or if being gay wasn't the topic of the day then there would have been a lot more made of this.  But it will be ignored now.

I would also rather if he didn't get into the nitty gritty about his exploits with other men.  Don't want to be hearing that.

That said it took guts to go on TV.  He will probably suffer loads of abuse now, which is awful but then many other players have to put up with that as well.

Then don't listen.