Donal Og's Book

Started by passedit, October 18, 2009, 11:24:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Galwaybhoy

Looks very nervous.

Got himself into a bit of bother talking about the sliother!

orangeman

Usually handles the ball better than that.

Going better now. Keeps looking to the ceiling for inspiration.

75 euros admission - says that the crowd wouldn't mind giving €3.75 out of it.

Dad says to him "we'll need to get you fixed !" - poor father.

Galwaybhoy

In fairness he should have tried to say very little about the sliothers as he had hes mind on other things coming onto the show.

Hes feeling a bit more confident now.  I never liked the fellow but hes coming across pretty well at the moment overall.

orangeman

Did he say young boys ???

He's doing a Rafa now ?

Did well in this interview. Took a bit of guts to do what he did here tonight to be fair to him.

ONeill

I thought he was excellent.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Galwaybhoy on October 23, 2009, 09:54:53 PM
In fairness he should have tried to say very little about the sliothers as he had hes mind on other things coming onto the show.

Hes feeling a bit more confident now.  I never liked the fellow but hes coming across pretty well at the moment overall.
Would have the same sentiments too. He's a hard man and no doubt growing up harbouring that type of secret has toughened him up. Came across very well.

gerrykeegan

I thought he did very well. Even the reading of the email was a something which would help other young people who are struggling.
2007  2008 & 2009 Fantasy Golf Winner
(A legitimately held title unlike Dinny's)

Minder

It really is interviewing by numbers by Tubridy.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Aghdavoyle

Quote from: orangeman on October 23, 2009, 10:03:10 PM
Did he say young boys ???

He's doing a Rafa now ?

Did well in this interview. Took a bit of guts to do what he did here tonight to be fair to him.

Don't think even his biggest adversaries would question his guts.

He did very well.

orangeman

No doubt - took a lot of guts and fair dues to him. He would be quite an adversary in the GPA and strikes or any other cause he decided to champion.

Louth Exile

Quote from: Tony Baloney on October 23, 2009, 10:08:38 PM
Quote from: Galwaybhoy on October 23, 2009, 09:54:53 PM

Would have the same sentiments too. He's a hard man and no doubt growing up harbouring that type of secret has toughened him up. Came across very well.

Add my own thoughts along the same lines. Never doubted his talent as a player but never would have had much time for him because he is pure Cork and GPA (neither of which are admirable). I thought that he was very articulate and showed unbelievable strength. He deserves the utmost of credit. Well done Donal Og.

The only question that Tubirdy missed was how it has gone down in the club? But lads like that wouldn't think of the club.
St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com

Two Hands FFS

Tubridy is useless..especially the stuff about the ball in 2005. He hadnt a clue

dowling

Missed it. Did he talk about the funeral boycott?

Reillers

It was a great interview, and fair dues to him. He's earned a lot of haters respect tonight and that's blatantly clear. I've said it before that this lad is made of steel but tonight he just showed how much so.

He's a tough, tough man.  I haven't seen a better performance in a TV interview for a very long time, even though it was clear that Turbridy hadn't much of a clue about the hurling side of it.
It gave a good insight into why he's been such a leader for Cork in the past, and will continue to be. Very proud of him tonight.

It was a very powerful performance and it was clear all right that he was nervous at the start, but he settled into it very well and came across brilliantly. The best I've seen him in an interview that I can recall. Fantastic stuff.

The courage he showed, and his blunt honesty was fantastic.

But at the end of all of that, and despite all that, you just know that he'll get hell next season on and off the pitch....
There'll be some mighty abuse thrown at him. And he can take it, he's a strong character clearly, I just hope that ther'll be people in the stands who will shut the minority up.

Never been so proud of the lad. Showed great guts tonight.

Minder

Steady on Reillers, he wasn't being interviewed to lay bare his soul. He was being interviewed to promote and maximise book sales. Will always be a p***k in my eyes.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"