The Sickness that is Contemporary Capitalism

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, October 16, 2009, 09:59:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cúig huaire

I`m no fan of Fine Gael either, but I found myself watching Enda Kenny being interviewed on TV regarding NAMA and I was agreeing with almost everything he said. I mentioned this to a neighbour, who is a life long Fianna Fail voter and he said the same.
The situation here is a carbon copy of the UK in many ways, though our is much worse.  Both finance ministers from the boom years are now running the respective countries and not making a good job of it, while their predecessors look like they jumped ship at the right time. Talk of His Tonyness becoming European president while Bertie wont rule himself out of running for the Irish presidency in the not too distant future, he`d get it too.
Donagh, the GAA Board`s Sinn Fein PSNI spokesperson.

Pangurban

The Plain People Of Ireland, of whom our own G.Nevin is a classic example, will respond vigoursly by bashing the Unions. Even Myles Na Gopaleen could not make up what is happening in Ireland at Present. We need a return to the simplicity of De Valeras vision with comely maidens dancing at crossroads. Difficult i know, but there must be a few maidens left somewhere

Gnevin

Quote from: Pangurban on October 16, 2009, 11:47:27 PM
The Plain People Of Ireland, of whom our own G.Nevin is a classic example, will respond vigoursly by bashing the Unions. Even Myles Na Gopaleen could not make up what is happening in Ireland at Present. We need a return to the simplicity of De Valeras vision with comely maidens dancing at crossroads. Difficult i know, but there must be a few maidens left somewhere
::)
I'm not anti union as I attempted to explain but you've no interest in hearing what  I have to say.

I don't believe in collective bargaining any more its a failed model and I don't support pay increases in the biggest economic down turn since the 30's . Is that anti union?

Return to Dev Ireland for f**k sake , great lets go back to everyone being poor and the state run by the church .
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

Cúig huaire

I take it there are no maidens left in Glasnevin?
Donagh, the GAA Board`s Sinn Fein PSNI spokesperson.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Cúig huaire on October 16, 2009, 11:55:47 PM

There are no crossroads anyway, they've all been bulldozed for this bright new world.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Gnevin

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on October 16, 2009, 11:56:57 PM
Quote from: Cúig huaire on October 16, 2009, 11:55:47 PM

There are no crossroads anyway, they've all been bulldozed for this bright new world.
As bad as things are now. They where worse not too long ago!
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

Gnevin

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on October 16, 2009, 10:18:57 PM
T
Could a revolution have been any worse though? .

Are you calling for blood or mass protests?

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Gnevin on October 17, 2009, 12:02:12 AM

Mass protests first.

Make no mistake, what we're witnessing now is the materialisation of shackles more restrictive and punitive than anything the Sasenach ever bound us with.

Gnevin

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on October 17, 2009, 12:25:20 AM
Quote from: Gnevin on October 17, 2009, 12:02:12 AM

Mass protests first.

Make no mistake, what we're witnessing now is the materialisation of shackles more restrictive and punitive than anything the Sasenach ever bound us with.

At first!   ::) ::)
If it ever came to open rebellion I'd be defending the state and the horribly faulted democracy we have

To quote a Sasenach
"Democracy is the worst form of government, except for all those other forms that have been tried from time to time" Churchill.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Gnevin on October 17, 2009, 12:29:38 AM
At first!   ::) ::)
If it ever came to open rebellion I'd be defending the state and the horribly faulted democracy we have
Not when you've been fcuked out on your arse in Glasnevin with neither a hope nor a prayer, and a hole in your breeches!  ;)

Quote from: Gnevin on October 17, 2009, 12:29:38 AM
To quote a Sasenach
"Democracy is the worst form of government, except for all those other forms that have been tried from time to time" Churchill.
This isn't so much about Democracy, per se. Just like it isn't about Capitalism, per se. It's about the perversion and corruption of what passes for Capitalism, and Democracy for that matter, in these parts these days.

Sure, you can fight to the death to retain what you believe to be the best available. But they aren't the best available, they're a long way from the best available, but they hoodwink us into believing that they're all that's on offer. They rule by fear to protect the privileged few. And they're supposed to be on our side.

Capt Pat

With the creation of NAMA the international banking elite effectively own Ireland and all they had to do was fool a few greedy property developers into over stretching themselves financially. They now effectively run our country and not the corrupt Fianna Fail gombeens who have sold us to the money lenders.

Zapatista

Great OP and thread Fear/

We had the oppotunity to stick it to these bastards (i mean the entire political class throughout Europe) but as muppet says, we bent over backwards and took it. We are being fucked from every angle here. We are a scared people and FF have scared us into submission. We are slaves to them.

Gnevin

Quote from: Zapatista on October 17, 2009, 06:47:05 AM

We had the oppotunity to stick it to these b**tards (i mean the entire political class throughout Europe) but as muppet says, we bent over backwards and took it. We are being fucked from every angle here. We are a scared people and FF have scared us into submission. We are slaves to them.

When was this ? I don't recall this?  ::)

Zapatista

Quote from: Gnevin on October 17, 2009, 11:07:53 AM
Quote from: Zapatista on October 17, 2009, 06:47:05 AM

We had the oppotunity to stick it to these b**tards (i mean the entire political class throughout Europe) but as muppet says, we bent over backwards and took it. We are being fucked from every angle here. We are a scared people and FF have scared us into submission. We are slaves to them.

When was this ? I don't recall this?  ::)

You missed it as you were away gallavanting across Europe. You are blameless if even by default ;)

Denn Forever

Have Goldman Sachs not paid back the bailout money they got from the US government?

It is obscene the amount of money but unfortunately if they have made a profit, surely they can spent how they want.  I'd prefer if they gave it a worthy cause though.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...