6 year old adrift in hot air balloon!!

Started by ziggysego, October 15, 2009, 08:35:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Estimator

I couldn't believe this was headline news last night
Ulster League Champions 2009

Sandino

The BBC are reporting that the boy was hiding in the attic all the time. A Happy ending?
"You can go proudly. You are history. You are legend''

clarshack

watched 12 monkeys recently. this reminded me about the part of the film about the Boy Who Cried Wolf - the boy who supposedly fell down a well and a rescue attempt launched but it turned out he was hiding in a nearby barn all along.

muppet

Quote from: clarshack on October 16, 2009, 09:37:06 AM
watched 12 monkeys recently. this reminded me about the part of the film about the Boy Who Cried Wolf - the boy who supposedly fell down a well and a rescue attempt launched but it turned out he was hiding in a nearby barn all along.

His name was Timmy O'Toole.
MWWSI 2017

Capt Pat

Characters like this these days get their influences from the media. There is a movie out at the moment called UP about a little boy and an old man being carried away in a house by a lot of helium balloons. Not to mention people whp have made their children disappear to court media attention fame and money.

johnneycool

Quote from: muppet on October 16, 2009, 09:38:23 AM
Quote from: clarshack on October 16, 2009, 09:37:06 AM

His name was Timmy O'Toole.

Oh the joys of two way radio's

Zapatista

Quote from: Capt Pat on October 16, 2009, 11:12:16 AM
Characters like this these days get their influences from the media. There is a movie out at the moment called UP about a little boy and an old man being carried away in a house by a lot of helium balloons. Not to mention people whp have made their children disappear to court media attention fame and money.

Reminds me of the joke by Chris Rock which goes something like - everybody blames the media, the media making us look bad, I don't blame the media. If I'm at an ATM i'm not looking over my sholder for the media, i'm looking out for niggers. I'm not afraid of the media robbing me - Chris Rock does it better. You'll get it on youtube.

I seen that film. It's just OK.

orangeman

Only in USA would this charade be headline news  - they must have little to be getting on with.

Drumanee 1

just seen a interview on fox there and the young boy was asked why he hidden in the attic and he replied "cause you (the dad) told me to for the show",sunk good and proper  :D

The Iceman

I was actually very annoyed about all of this as it went on yesterday.  Imagine the child had been in the balloon? As far as everyone knew - he was and that is definitely newsworthy.  I thought a lot about my own wee son and if it was him  - I'm sure there were thousands across the country thinking the same. 
It's a good thing that he wasn't in the balloon and I'm glad he is safe.
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

Zapatista

Why didn't the parents just put him in the balloon and make sure the story was straight.

Drumanee 1

Quote from: Zapatista on October 16, 2009, 02:21:04 PM
Why didn't the parents just put him in the balloon and make sure the story was straight.

Q the pc brigade

thebigfella

Quote from: The Iceman on October 16, 2009, 01:51:22 PM
I was actually very annoyed about all of this as it went on yesterday.  Imagine the child had been in the balloon? As far as everyone knew - he was and that is definitely newsworthy.  I thought a lot about my own wee son and if it was him   - I'm sure there were thousands across the country thinking the same. 

Seriously, have you helium balloons in your back yard as well?

Capt Pat

When you see something like this on the news, you just assume someone has checked out the story properly and there really is a child in the balloon. However looking back it was always likely to have been a steaming pile of dung.

Maiden1

Quote from: The Iceman on October 16, 2009, 01:51:22 PM
I was actually very annoyed about all of this as it went on yesterday.  Imagine the child had been in the balloon? As far as everyone knew - he was and that is definitely newsworthy.  I thought a lot about my own wee son and if it was him  - I'm sure there were thousands across the country thinking the same. 

I'm with you Iceman, I thought the same. 

Been watching it all on FOX News. The newcasters have been pure comedy gold. Asking over and over again "Have they looked under the bed yet?"

Some of the quotes on the news readers joking and it being comedy gold before they had found him where a bit in bad taste.  I was reading it at the time thinking the child is still missing.  Now that they have found him and it looks like it was a setup the parents need a good kick up the ass.
There are no proofs, only opinions.