MILF denies kidnapping Irish priest

Started by Dinny Breen, October 15, 2009, 11:39:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dinny Breen

http://www.rte.ie/news/2009/1015/sinnottm.html

QuoteA rebel group in the Philippines has denied that one of its commanders is holding kidnapped Irish priest Fr Michael Sinnott.

The separatist Moro Islamic Liberation Front also said it is willing to help rescue the 79-year-old Columban missionary.

MILF revealed yesterday that Fr Sinnott is being held in a remote area.
Advertisement

'We do not deny the fact that there is a presence of the MILF in the area and an MILF community there but it is not true that the MILF is holding the priest,' the group's spokesman, Eid Kabalu, said today.

Mr Kabalu also said the MILF was sending an emissary to Sultan Naga Dimaporo town, where the military said Fr Sinnott was being held, to check if the priest was really there and try to secure his release.

Fr Sinnott was abducted when six armed men entered his home at the Missionary Society of Saint Columban compound in Pagadian City on southern Mindanao island.

The government and the MILF have had a ceasefire in place since 2005 and the two sides are due to resume peace talks soon.

The MILF, which has been fighting for an independent Muslim homeland in the south of the mostly Roman Catholic country since 1978, has said it had no interest in kidnapping Fr Sinnott because that would jeopardise peace talks.

There is concern over the priest's health as he had quadruple heart bypass surgery in 2005 and has taken heart medication ever since.

Fr Sinnott has spent about 40 years in the Philippines.

#newbridgeornowhere

Drumanee 1

looking at the thread title other conclusions came to mind

Declan

Quotelooking at the thread title other conclusions came to mind

Exactly my thoughts -Shame on me :D

whiskeysteve

What will Stiffler's Mom think of next?
Somewhere, somehow, someone's going to pay: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPhISgw3I2w

Dinny Breen

#newbridgeornowhere

brokencrossbar1

full back

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on October 15, 2009, 12:24:50 PM

I thought she'd grabbed Father jack!

C'mon bc
You can do better than that for a MILF ;)

brokencrossbar1

You ask any Irish man with blood in his veins and he would jump her in the morning!!!  Her nose may be wonky but with leverage like she has there would be some handling on thon heifer(even though she is far from a heifer ;))

full back

Below average looks with big tubes bc

You would need a skinful in Fitzy's before you would tackle that ;)

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: full back on October 15, 2009, 12:34:24 PM

She's just too big for you and you're jealous, maybe you could stand on the phones books :P

SLIGONIAN

Quote from: Dinny Breen on October 15, 2009, 11:47:06 AM
Thought I might catch a few  ;D

Guilty,
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

The Watcher Pat

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on October 15, 2009, 12:30:43 PM
You ask any Irish man with blood in his veins and he would jump her in the morning!!!  Her nose may be wonky but with leverage like she has there would be some handling on thon heifer(even though she is far from a heifer ;))

I'd even try it in the afternoon!   ;)

There is no I in team, but if you look close enough you can find ME

Tony Baloney

I'd say for a woman pushing fifty with 7 or 8 children she has better than average looks!

full back

Quote from: Tony Baloney on October 15, 2009, 01:04:07 PM

I'd say for a woman pushing fifty with 7 or 8 children she has better than average looks!

Suppose if you are talking about women pushing 50 & having 7/8 children that might be right

Aerlik

7 or 8 wanes?  Lads think of the years of  lying beside the same auld fella, and along comes you.  Think of the years of in-sack experience...  Youse'd be lambs to the slaughter.
Who is she by the way?  Honest question.
To find his equal an Irishman is forced to talk to God!