Stephen Gately RIP

Started by Tankie, October 11, 2009, 03:04:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

J70

leenie

another tool has joined us.....

probably been here before.... it was not a joke and not funny just pathetic.... sums up the person who posted it!
I'm trying to decide on a really meaningful message..

Green Grass

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search
Not to be confused with The Joke.
"Jokes" redirects here. For the filmmaker, see Jokes Yanes.
For the given name, see Joke (given name).

A joke is a short story or ironic depiction of a situation communicated with the intent of being humorous. These jokes will normally have a punchline that will end the sentence to make it humorous. A joke can also be a single phrase or statement that employs sarcasm. The word joke can also be used as a slang term for a person or thing which is not taken seriously by others in general. A practical joke or prank differs from a spoken one in that the major component of the humour is physical rather than verbal (for example placing salt in the sugar bowl).

Jokes are typically for the entertainment of friends and onlookers
. The desired response is generally laughter; when this does not happen the joke is said to have "fallen flat".

longrunsthefox

I thought it was funny but a lot on the board don't like that stuff. You missed the craic here when Michael Jackson died.. there were bans handed out all over the place. Same time I wouldnt want a member of his family to read it tho I doubt they'd be on the GAA Board. 

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: longrunsthefox on October 12, 2009, 07:17:29 PM
I thought it was funny but a lot on the board don't like that stuff. You missed the craic here when Michael Jackson died.. there were bans handed out all over the place. Same time I wouldnt want a member of his family to read it tho I doubt they'd be on the GAA Board.

He was from Dublin,he has 3 brothers and a sister I persume some of which could be living in Dublin or some part of Ireland..
What makes you think any of his family members of his aren't Gaa fans?
You'll Never Walk Alone.

longrunsthefox

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on October 12, 2009, 07:22:50 PM

He was from Dublin,he has 3 brothers and a sister I persume some of which could be living in Dublin or some part of Ireland..

Agreed... I like that humour (suppose I'm a sick fox) but certainly wouldnt want the persons friends or relatives to hear it.

pintsofguinness

Quote from: longrunsthefox on October 12, 2009, 07:32:57 PM
Quote from: The Real Laoislad on October 12, 2009, 07:22:50 PM

Agreed... I like that humour (suppose I'm a sick fox) but certainly wouldnt want the persons friends or relatives to hear it.
Interesting
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

GAAboardmod1

Green grass has incurred a 14 day ban for his "joke", we've covered this already with the Jackson thread. Let us try and maintain some sense of decency.

stephenite

Quote from: Lawrence of Knockbride on October 12, 2009, 01:34:29 PM
[
Quote from: stephenite on October 12, 2009, 11:16:23 AM
Quote from: Lawrence of Knockbride on October 12, 2009, 08:42:11 AM
Quote from: stew on October 11, 2009, 11:44:40 PM
Our board is going to the dogs this past year and this thread is possibly the poster child so to speak for proof of it's decline.

A young man dies and we have people. and I use the term loosely making crass remarks about it instead of either saying noting or simply typing something respectful and decent.

I dont know one boyzone song and I have no time for boy bands but he was successful in his field and he should be commended for that.

I hope the young man rests in peace and that his family come to terms with his loss sooner rather than later.
I'd disagree with the part in bold.

Why would you disagree - I don't know the figure but Boyzone sold a hell of a lot of records.

To state that he wasn't a success just illustrates your own ignorance.
Oh sorry Stephenite, I included too much in bold. I didn't realise they were successful-I must be ignorant so. I meant I disagreed that he should be commended for being succesful. I would think that music lovers the world over would say that his form of entertainment is a stain on the industry as there is no passion in this form of music as I feel there should be. I agree that all this shite will now pass through the usual media for a week or so and then we'll move on. That is why I questioned this thread in the first place only to find myself now contributing.
Just thought I'd point that last bit out before I was ridiculed by the forensic posters.

So he shouldn't be commended for his success because you're a music snob?

I would commend anyone for success in their field regardless of whether or not I either understood or had a passion for it.

It takes hard work to be successful in any walk of life, that you feel he shouldn't be commended for it says a lot about you.

rosnarun

Quote from: longrunsthefox on October 12, 2009, 03:50:40 PM
Quote from: Galwaybhoy on October 12, 2009, 02:30:59 PM
Very sad news, I was shocked to hear this.  The death of a 33 year old man is never funny.  May he rest in peace.

Well, 'The Life of Brian' did have its moments   ;)

well done MOD1
though
this one was actually funny
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

BallyhaiseMan

RIP
Anyone else getting texts of numerous jokes from different people about it?
I'l be honest in that I found most of them funny,but what type of morbid individual does be thinking up jokes about a person who is just after dying???

Lawrence of Knockbride

Quote from: stephenite on October 13, 2009, 12:07:07 AM
[
Our board is going to the dogs this past year and this thread is possibly the poster child so to speak for proof of it's decline.

A young man dies and we have people. and I use the term loosely making crass remarks about it instead of either saying noting or simply typing something respectful and decent.

I dont know one boyzone song and I have no time for boy bands but he was successful in his field and he should be commended for that.

I hope the young man rests in peace and that his family come to terms with his loss sooner rather than later.

Why would you disagree - I don't know the figure but Boyzone sold a hell of a lot of records.

Oh sorry Stephenite, I included too much in bold. I didn't realise they were successful-I must be ignorant so. I meant I disagreed that he should be commended for being succesful. I would think that music lovers the world over would say that his form of entertainment is a stain on the industry as there is no passion in this form of music as I feel there should be. I agree that all this shite will now pass through the usual media for a week or so and then we'll move on. That is why I questioned this thread in the first place only to find myself now contributing.
Just thought I'd point that last bit out before I was ridiculed by the forensic posters.

I would commend anyone for success in their field regardless of whether or not I either understood or had a passion for it.

It takes hard work to be successful in any walk of life, that you feel he shouldn't be commended for it says a lot about you.
Ah the old snob argument. It's getting very popular for anyone that dares to raise the standards beyond 5 money grabbers who take an art and exploit it. Well I'm happy to be a snob. "Love me for a reason, let ther reason be love". How artistic? What do you think it meant. I mean, what were they getting at. Maybe only a music snob can get deep into the mind of such talent. Well done boyzone. You indeed have worked hard for your stardom. Doesn't sound quite right does it?

stephenite

Quote from: Lawrence of Knockbride on October 13, 2009, 08:38:06 AM
[

Ah the old snob argument. It's getting very popular for anyone that dares to raise the standards beyond 5 money grabbers who take an art and exploit it. Well I'm happy to be a snob. "Love me for a reason, let ther reason be love". How artistic? What do you think it meant. I mean, what were they getting at. Maybe only a music snob can get deep into the mind of such talent. Well done boyzone. You indeed have worked hard for your stardom. Doesn't sound quite right does it?

That it means nothing to you, or me, does not mean that it can't mean something to somebody - jesus, get over yourself.

As above, not appreciating or having an interest in whatever anyone does for a living does not mean that someone cannot be judged a succes.

Lawrence of Knockbride

Quote from: stephenite on October 13, 2009, 08:59:36 AM
Quote from: Lawrence of Knockbride on October 13, 2009, 08:38:06 AM
[

That it means nothing to you, or me, does not mean that it can't mean something to somebody - jesus, get over yourself.

As above, not appreciating or having an interest in whatever anyone does for a living does not mean that someone cannot be judged a succes.
I never said he wasn't a success, I said he shouldn't be commended for it for reasons I've outlined.
And additionally while we're talking about snobbery...........
[

.....would this make you a snob?
What's your opinion on dictators or serial killers? I think Denis Nielsen was excellent at what he did,very successful. He should be commended for it, especially now he's dead as should

ludermor

There are 2812 different music genres listed Wikipedia, which of them would be worthy of your commendation?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_styles_of_music:_S-Z