Harte's book-

Started by longrunsthefox, October 10, 2009, 03:00:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

redhugh

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on October 13, 2009, 01:44:04 PM
Quote from: Overthebar! on October 13, 2009, 12:52:22 PM
what is the story with sean oneil and hartes fall out? heard son got shafted by harte when they were working for the same company but no sure if it is just rumours

That's a new one on us, please do tell.

Do you mean Stevie O'Neill? If so you're better off leaving it there.!

Overthebar!

sorry meant stevie o'neil. not trying to stir shit just wondered what the story was and if harte was going to talk about it in his book...

Final Whistle

That was the story that was started by Amigo on here. Got about some length but in the end up destroyed his credibility and now he only turns up for brief moments before scuttling back down to his rat nest somewhere in Pomeroy! :)

saffron sam2

Quote from: Final Whistle on October 13, 2009, 12:21:13 PM
Quote from: amigo on October 13, 2009, 11:59:05 AM
Quote from: Final Whistle on October 13, 2009, 11:28:14 AM
Undoubtably sick that day. Its was an easy option of Harte to blame Sean, Harte had a stinker on the line and his tactics were predictable and challangeable. Lets look at Seans influence on the year, average against Armagh, Derry, Kildare. Good against Antrim when he was afforded room to manouvre. Cork would not have gave him any space either so I don't think his exclusion had much of an effect. I know for a fact Sean was unwell, could he have played? Probably, but we are told its a 30 man squad constantly and for a sick man to take the place of a fit healthy man is unfair.

There is a massive elephant in the room here. What is Harte's motive in this book? How can a manager criticise a player for looking GPA money yet jeapordise the harmony of his squad with a book for the one and only reason of making money?

Will the panel now stay together for the 09/10 season?

Final whistle takes a swipe at his Messiah Harte!! You must not criticise our Sean!! :o lol

Not at all boy. Dont have me to pull out your Mickey Harte quotes. You know the one Im on about where you "stated" you and SON were great buddies and that SON would never play for Harte again after Harte screwed him over.

Point of note, I did not criticise Harte Amigo, I wouldn't dare. Just seems to me that it was an end of career passage not one that would give you the greatest preparation for another AI assault. But in saying that Harte knows how to get the best from the players and hopefully by including this statement in his book it will show Sean how strongly Harte feels he should be concentrating on his football and return him to the form which seen him swing 5 majestic points over the bar against Kerry in an AI Final, Win Player of the Year 2008, Lift the Cormac McAnallen Cup, Captain his club to the Div 2 League title, Win the GPA Player of the year and return himself to number 1 player in the GAA.

I have no doubt that he will and you amigo can continue lurking in the shadows of the GAA Board corridors afraid to come in and argue your point.

I find this strange. Why would you not dare to criticise Harte? Surely there have been occasions since 2003 (and even before) when criticism would be appropriate?
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Overthebar! on October 13, 2009, 02:14:30 PM
sorry meant stevie o'neil. not trying to stir shit just wondered what the story was and if harte was going to talk about it in his book...

Stevie was knackered with injuries at the time, that's all, though there were all sorts of rumours circulating trying to make something out of it that didn't actually exist.

But buy the book anyway just to reassure yourself  ;)
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Final Whistle

Quote from: saffron sam2 on October 13, 2009, 02:20:55 PM
Quote from: Final Whistle on October 13, 2009, 12:21:13 PM
Quote from: amigo on October 13, 2009, 11:59:05 AM
Quote from: Final Whistle on October 13, 2009, 11:28:14 AM
Undoubtably sick that day. Its was an easy option of Harte to blame Sean, Harte had a stinker on the line and his tactics were predictable and challangeable. Lets look at Seans influence on the year, average against Armagh, Derry, Kildare. Good against Antrim when he was afforded room to manouvre. Cork would not have gave him any space either so I don't think his exclusion had much of an effect. I know for a fact Sean was unwell, could he have played? Probably, but we are told its a 30 man squad constantly and for a sick man to take the place of a fit healthy man is unfair.

There is a massive elephant in the room here. What is Harte's motive in this book? How can a manager criticise a player for looking GPA money yet jeapordise the harmony of his squad with a book for the one and only reason of making money?

Will the panel now stay together for the 09/10 season?

Final whistle takes a swipe at his Messiah Harte!! You must not criticise our Sean!! :o lol

Not at all boy. Dont have me to pull out your Mickey Harte quotes. You know the one Im on about where you "stated" you and SON were great buddies and that SON would never play for Harte again after Harte screwed him over.

Point of note, I did not criticise Harte Amigo, I wouldn't dare. Just seems to me that it was an end of career passage not one that would give you the greatest preparation for another AI assault. But in saying that Harte knows how to get the best from the players and hopefully by including this statement in his book it will show Sean how strongly Harte feels he should be concentrating on his football and return him to the form which seen him swing 5 majestic points over the bar against Kerry in an AI Final, Win Player of the Year 2008, Lift the Cormac McAnallen Cup, Captain his club to the Div 2 League title, Win the GPA Player of the year and return himself to number 1 player in the GAA.

I have no doubt that he will and you amigo can continue lurking in the shadows of the GAA Board corridors afraid to come in and argue your point.

I find this strange. Why would you not dare to criticise Harte? Surely there have been occasions since 2003 (and even before) when criticism would be appropriate?

When you live as close to Armagh as we do and endure what we had to in 2002 then when Harte came in and won it in his first year it provided him with carte blanche. 05 and 08 have cemented his place in folklore, the man is a success and will go down in history as the greatest manager ever to have graced ULster. 09 was not to be, however to win it every 2/3 years is a blessing and we should thank God that we have had so much success recently.

Minder

Quote from: Final Whistle on October 13, 2009, 02:17:38 PM
That was the story that was started by Amigo on here. Got about some length but in the end up destroyed his credibility and now he only turns up for brief moments before scuttling back down to his rat nest somewhere in Pomeroy! :)
Not sure that "rumour" was started by Amigo. I heard it from a Tyrone man in work. He reckons it is not "rumour", but sure who knows.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

amigo

Quote from: Minder on October 13, 2009, 04:23:47 PM
Quote from: Final Whistle on October 13, 2009, 02:17:38 PM
Not sure that "rumour" was started by Amigo. I heard it from a Tyrone man in work. He reckons it is not "rumour", but sure who knows.

No it was all my fault!! I was the fire starter :D :D :D Final whistle knows best lol

Final Whistle

Finally you have seene the sense Amigo, but is it too late for him...... ???

goal and a point

Maybe Cavanagh getting a cut of profits for Mickeys book. He allowed Mickey to publish a controversial story so people will buy it or start discussing the book at least. Cavanagh always been know to be found of the £ within Tyrone circles - he would get alot of slagging from Tyrone players on this part i believe.

BennyHarp

Quote from: goal and a point on October 14, 2009, 10:16:09 AM
Maybe Cavanagh getting a cut of profits for Mickeys book. He allowed Mickey to publish a controversial story so people will buy it or start discussing the book at least. Cavanagh always been know to be found of the £ within Tyrone circles - he would get alot of slagging from Tyrone players on this part i believe.

What are you talking about?  ???
That was never a square ball!!

longrunsthefox

Jees! He's talking about his life, but can't seem to get that through to you. He's not just talking about one person, he's talking about everybody. He's talking about form. He's talking about content. He's talking about interrelationships. He's talking about God, the devil, Hell, Heaven. Do you understand... FINALLY?  :o

BennyHarp

Quote from: longrunsthefox on October 14, 2009, 12:38:08 PM
Jees! He's talking about his life, but can't seem to get that through to you. He's not just talking about one person, he's talking about everybody. He's talking about form. He's talking about content. He's talking about interrelationships. He's talking about God, the devil, Hell, Heaven. Do you understand... FINALLY?  :o

;D Does seem a bit Cuckoo alright!!
That was never a square ball!!

longrunsthefox

Quote from: BennyHarp on October 14, 2009, 01:34:31 PM

;D Does seem a bit Cuckoo alright!!

You got it!  ;)

irunthev

If they ever make a film out of it, they could get Ewan McGregor to play the lead role. Sounds like  few lines he would come out with.