Harte's book-

Started by longrunsthefox, October 10, 2009, 03:00:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sandy Hill

Quote from: long sleves on October 11, 2009, 01:01:56 PM
Might go and get it today.

Read the "exciting" extracts in today's Sunday Times and you'll not be ruuning out to buy this bland dross!
"Stercus accidit"

ardmhachaabu

Quote from: Sandy Hill on October 11, 2009, 06:00:20 PM

Read the "exciting" extracts in today's Sunday Times and you'll not be ruuning out to buy this bland dross!
:D

Months ago I said I would buy it when it came out, after reading the extracts I will save the money for something worthwhile
Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something

new devil

Zapatista

pintsofguinness

Quote from: ardmhachaabu on October 11, 2009, 06:02:01 PM
Quote from: Sandy Hill on October 11, 2009, 06:00:20 PM

Months ago I said I would buy it when it came out, after reading the extracts I will save the money for something worthwhile
Whats wrong with them?
Boring?
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

ardmhachaabu

pints, it's worse than watching paint dry
Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something

ONeill

Quote from: ardmhachaabu on October 11, 2009, 08:06:18 PM

I expected it to be but was pleasantly surprised that it dealt with the 03 semi-final, the 05 final and build up as well as the Cork game this month. Mickey's not a tabloid slabber - he'll always be steady and measured but I thought the tasters today were promising.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Gaffer

Do you watch paint dry, ardmhachaabu?
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

ardmhachaabu

Quote from: ONeill on October 11, 2009, 08:11:31 PM

I expected it to be but was pleasantly surprised that it dealt with the 03 semi-final, the 05 final and build up as well as the Cork game this month. Mickey's not a tabloid slabber - he'll always be steady and measured but I thought the tasters today were promising.
I can see why a Tyronie would enjoy it, I suppose he is playing to his own audience in it very much...

ardmhachaabu

Gaffer, are you so insecure that you have to reply to every perceived slight on Harte or Tyrone in general?

I gave my opinion on Harte's book, which I am allowed to do as this is a forum for sharing ideas thoughts etc

If you read the excerpts and have a different opinion, I might like to hear it rather than your stupid comments  :)

Gaffer

Quote from: ardmhachaabu on October 11, 2009, 08:38:01 PM
Gaffer, are you so insecure that you have to reply to every perceived slight on Harte or Tyrone in general?

I gave my opinion on Harte's book, which I am allowed to do as this is a forum for sharing ideas thoughts etc

If you read the excerpts and have a different opinion, I might like to hear it rather than your stupid comments  :)

You came on to have a dig at Harte like some of your fellow county men . Watching paint dry is pretty stupid in my view.

ardmhachaabu

Quote from: Gaffer on October 11, 2009, 08:46:10 PM

You came on to have a dig at Harte like some of your fellow county men . Watching paint dry is pretty stupid in my view.

gaffer, I know you and others may not like it but I am entitled to state my opinions just as much as you and any Tyronie are.  I already said I had intended to buy the book when it came out but won't now because the excerpts I read have been as boring as watching paint dry.  I have also acknowledged that it may be only aimed at Tyronies, hence my boredom at reading the excerpts.

Now, have you anything to add to that or take away from it?

If not, don't waste my time by replying again, thanks.

pintsofguinness

Tyronies are very funny
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

ardmhachaabu

Quote from: Gaffer on October 11, 2009, 09:13:10 PM
Quote from: ardmhachaabu on October 11, 2009, 08:56:58 PM

gaffer, I know you and others may not like it but I am entitled to state my opinions just as much as you and any Tyronie are.  I already said I had intended to buy the book when it came out but won't now because the excerpts I read have been as boring as watching paint dry.  I have also acknowledged that it may be only aimed at Tyronies, hence my boredom at reading the excerpts.

Yup, something to add. Get over 03 and 05.

yes, you are another stupid Tyronie, or Tymoanie, I should say

Gaffer

Quote from: ardmhachaabu on October 11, 2009, 09:15:08 PM
Quote from: Gaffer on October 11, 2009, 09:13:10 PM
Quote from: ardmhachaabu on October 11, 2009, 08:56:58 PM

Yup, something to add. Get over 03 and 05.

yes, you are another stupid Tyronie, or Tymoanie, I should say

Go easy on us Tyrone folk, Ardmhachaabu.  We re not that bad !!! :( :( :(