Will the greens pull the plug?

Started by rossie mad, October 09, 2009, 01:13:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

no mo do yakamo

I dont believe the greens will pull out
It would be political suicide.
Even if they do it doesnt automatically imply an election. Options include a minority government, New coalition with labour,or even some of the green  tds leaving the party if the party rejects the new deal and staying in government "for the sake of the country" Personally i think they'll be bought off with windmills carbon tax and such other things that excite them.
It wasn't even kennedy in the car.

omagh_gael

I see the greens have agreed in principle to a deal to stay in government at the last hour, will go to a vote to party members tomorrow.

Zapatista

Just in time for the 9 o'clock news :D

An almighty victory for the Greens to take it to the wire and put FF backs to the wall on this. I wonder will the membership take notice? ::)

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

It was obvious that they had agreed hours ago, they where sitting around having cups of tea pretending to be playing hardball.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

Gnevin

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on October 09, 2009, 10:50:40 PM
It was obvious that they had agreed hours ago, they where sitting around having cups of tea pretending to be playing hardball.
How is it obvious?
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

Pangurban

These negotiations were only for the optics, to appease the more gullible of their supporters. There was never any question of them pulling the plug for two reasons, they are totally devoid of principle and Turkeys dont vote for Christmas

Lecale2

Does that mean the poor Hares are fecked?

mylestheslasher

Quote from: Pangurban on October 09, 2009, 11:49:33 PM
These negotiations were only for the optics, to appease the more gullible of their supporters. There was never any question of them pulling the plug for two reasons, they are totally devoid of principle and Turkeys dont vote for Christmas

Exactly, the same game they played when they agreed to enter government in the 1st place. Anyone remember that little charade? I would have always of thought the greens as a party with principles but clearly they only have 1 or 2 principles and everything else matters not a shite.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: mylestheslasher on October 10, 2009, 03:19:34 PM
Quote from: Pangurban on October 09, 2009, 11:49:33 PM

Exactly, the same game they played when they agreed to enter government in the 1st place. Anyone remember that little charade? I would have always of thought the greens as a party with principles but clearly they only have 1 or 2 principles and everything else matters not a shite.

They are quickly turning into The New Progressive Democrats.

mylestheslasher

Did any of ye hear the interview on the last word during the week with the ex-green party Councillor from Drogheda? It was priceless and showed the craziness of this party. Basically, this guy had resurrected 100 paid up greens that were sort of dormant. Guys that had a vote at these green conventions but rarely used it. He was going to effectively black mail gormley into accepting a proposal this 100 had in return for  them voting to stay in government and to support NAMA. He reckoned his 100 could be as much as 30% of those present. And what was this important issue Mr Ex green Councillor from Drogheda wanted you might ask, why a ban on fur farming in Ireland of course. Only some nut job green could put NAMA and fur farming in the one sentence, never mind use one as a "swap" for  the other. Fur farming is worth a whooping €5m to the coffers each year, NAMA will cost 10's of billions of euro.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: mylestheslasher on October 10, 2009, 03:27:54 PM
Did any of ye hear the interview on the last word during the week with the ex-green party Councillor from Drogheda? It was priceless and showed the craziness of this party. Basically, this guy had resurrected 100 paid up greens that were sort of dormant. Guys that had a vote at these green conventions but rarely used it. He was going to effectively black mail gormley into accepting a proposal this 100 had in return for  them voting to stay in government and to support NAMA. He reckoned his 100 could be as much as 30% of those present. And what was this important issue Mr Ex green Councillor from Drogheda wanted you might ask, why a ban on fur farming in Ireland of course. Only some nut job green could put NAMA and fur farming in the one sentence, never mind use one as a "swap" for  the other. Fur farming is worth a whooping €5m to the coffers each year, NAMA will cost 10's of billions of euro.

I didn't hear the interview, but I was told about it yesterday. The Greens manage to make Sinn Fein look positively 3 dimensional.

Shamrock Shore

Can someone explain to me WTF fur farming is?

Is there some factory on the outskirts of some God forsaken place raising minks to turn them into coats for stupid wimmin?

Why this - why not ban abbatoirs and the whole beef industry as well. Don't cattle have feelings too, like the minks.

Do vegetarians wear leather sandals? Do vegetarians realise that many tablets for medication have animal fats in them?

I'm bored doing tax returns, sorry..allow me some rant time

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on October 10, 2009, 03:33:21 PM
Can someone explain to me WTF fur farming is?

Is there some factory on the outskirts of some God forsaken place raising minks to turn them into coats for stupid wimmin?

Why this - why not ban abbatoirs and the whole beef industry as well. Don't cattle have feelings too, like the minks.

Do vegetarians wear leather sandals? Do vegetarians realise that many tablets for medication have animal fats in them?

I'm bored doing tax returns, sorry..allow me some rant time

The girl who told me about the interview said the guy was asked the same thing & he said they would make everyone give up meat if they had there way!!!!! The luny fringe or what, no its just the Green Party.

deiseach

Darn, I was looking forward to an election. There's potential for a relaignment of Irish politics that we haven't seen since 1932. It'll come . . .

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: deiseach on October 10, 2009, 03:46:27 PM
Darn, I was looking forward to an election. There's potential for a relaignment of Irish politics that we haven't seen since 1932. It'll come . . .

What odds of

FG & SF

V

FF & Greens

V

Lab, Soc. & Indp.