Her majesty paid for Northern success...........apparently!

Started by High Wide and Handsome, October 09, 2009, 08:16:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

longrunsthefox

Heffo... The Dubs would do well to remember who pays most for their championship home ground, Croke Park,  youse so nobly handed to the soccer. Most of the ten year ticets and premier seats were bought by Northern GAA people.

heffo

Quote from: Beir Bua on October 11, 2009, 06:54:18 PM
Quote from: heffo on October 11, 2009, 05:15:35 PM
The Ulster council has far more staff than the other three provinces and has more staff working for it than Croke park - paid for by grants from Mrs Windsor.

Wrong! The Ulster Council doesn't have more staff than Croke Park and secondly it is the tax payers in the six counties that pays for any grants (many of whom are GAA members and supporters) that GAA receive in the north, typical blue shirt anti northern mentality....if there is northern success in the GAA there has to be some underhand reason for it. The GAA in the north get's what it is entitled to after nearly 50 years of being discriminated against by the northern administration and forgotten about by some of the so called patriots in the south. Curran should be ashamed of himself for making such disgraceful comments.

I stopped reading after the exclamation mark.

My post is factual.

Rufus T Firefly

Quote from: downredblack on October 11, 2009, 06:40:20 PM
Rufus , just noticed your signature . Did ya get tickets ?

Nope, didn't get any. I have the live performances from the Jools Holland Show on the iPod though - they've still got it!! 

heffo

Quote from: longrunsthefox on October 11, 2009, 07:28:35 PM
Heffo... The Dubs would do well to remember who pays most for their championship home ground, Croke Park,  youse so nobly handed to the soccer. Most of the ten year ticets and premier seats were bought by Northern GAA people.

Come again? Is this some form of Nordie dialect??

longrunsthefox

Quote from: heffo on October 11, 2009, 07:40:55 PM

Okay-I'll spell it out... U - summer-time-Dubs-big-stadium-we-Nordies-pay-for... ole ole  :o     

heffo

Quote from: longrunsthefox on October 11, 2009, 07:45:32 PM
Quote from: heffo on October 11, 2009, 07:40:55 PM

Okay-I'll spell it out... U - summer-time-Dubs-big-stadium-we-Nordies-pay-for... ole ole  :o     

You keep on believing that if it makes you happy.

I was simply getting the debate back on track with a little fact about the Ulster council..

longrunsthefox

There are nine counties in Ulster, three across the margin of error. So, your 'little fact' is illogical... whereas my little fact, while painful for you to accept, is the truth  :-* 

Beir Bua

Quote from: heffo on October 11, 2009, 07:38:12 PM
The Ulster council has far more staff than the other three provinces and has more staff working for it than Croke park - paid for by grants from Mrs Windsor.

Wrong! The Ulster Council doesn't have more staff than Croke Park and secondly it is the tax payers in the six counties that pays for any grants (many of whom are GAA members and supporters) that GAA receive in the north, typical blue shirt anti northern mentality....if there is northern success in the GAA there has to be some underhand reason for it. The GAA in the north get's what it is entitled to after nearly 50 years of being discriminated against by the northern administration and forgotten about by some of the so called patriots in the south. Curran should be ashamed of himself for making such disgraceful comments.

I stopped reading after the exclamation mark.

My post is factual.

If you post if factual then post your evidence!

lynchbhoy

jeez man, calm down.

I for one am delighted if GAA clubs/counties in the occupied six are getting additional funding from HM government!
Not one person is questioning the validity or entitlement to it !

I think there is some merit in that the northen teams are now better than 15 years ago and more and well able to compete.
A far cry of going to croker every summer for the AI Semi final to see ulsters champions routinely beaten !
I think the new peace in the north has a good bit to do with it!
So chill out, apart from the WUM's , all GAA people are delighted with each other getting money for whatever source!

High Wide and Handsome

Quote from: lynchbhoy on October 12, 2009, 11:32:20 AM

jeez man, calm down.

I for one am delighted if GAA clubs/counties in the occupied six are getting additional funding from HM government!
Not one person is questioning the validity or entitlement to it !

I think there is some merit in that the northen teams are now better than 15 years ago and more and well able to compete.
A far cry of going to croker every summer for the AI Semi final to see ulsters champions routinely beaten !
I think the new peace in the north has a good bit to do with it!
So chill out, apart from the WUM's , all GAA people are delighted with each other getting money for whatever source!

fair point lynchbhoy.

but were the occupied 6 not at their stronget at the start of the 90's?
"Swing er over!"

armaghniac

Quotebut were the occupied 6 not at their stronget at the start of the 90's?

The strongest teams then included Donegal which is in unoccupied Ulster. Others like Derry and Down were strong then, but were helped that Kerry were not very strong at that time.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

BennyHarp

Who actually cares what the Roscommon goalkeeper has to say ffs? He is plainly an idiot who has tried to get a little publicity for himself by commenting on something he quite obviuosly knows nothing about!
That was never a square ball!!

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: BennyHarp on October 12, 2009, 03:38:18 PM
Who actually cares what the Roscommon goalkeeper has to say ffs? He is plainly an idiot who has tried to get a little publicity for himself by commenting on something he quite obviuosly knows nothing about!

I'd take a Roscommon mans word ahead of an Ulstermans  :)
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

ziggysego

Who cares if we take money from the English for the GAA. Look at what they put good honest GAA men and women folk through over the years. Crossmaglen, terrorised to and from games. Murdered and then the cover up.

Bleed her dry, we've earned our £££.

Testing Accessibility