Liam Neeson
David Healey
Joey Dunlop
CS Lewis
Seamus Heaney
George Best
None of the above

Square Ball

As Milltown Row aint about I will do a poll for this. I am sticking to the 10 on the TV show and see what we get.

the poll will close on Wednesday and I will change it to food.
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Trevor Hill

Joey gets my vote. Quiet, unassuming, a real nice guy. Unlike most famous people from NI he didn't like the limelight. Done so much for charity that went unnoticed.
I met Joey in Newry one Sunday many many years ago. He was World Champion at the time, but was driving his own van. He pulled in for a chat, gave us some photos and Honda tshirts and left a great impression on me and my mates.
I was shocked and saddened when I learned of his death, but he died doing what he loved and he wouldn't have had it any other way.

Tony Baloney

If voting purely for a combination of personality and achievement then only Joey or Seamus for me.

nrico2006

Disgrace that Hugo Duncan isn't included.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Square Ball

Quote from: nrico2006 on October 03, 2009, 12:37:19 PM
Disgrace that Hugo Duncan isn't included.

wondered why Julian wasn't there either, then I realised hes a useless irritating plonker

milltown row

I went for Mary Peters, fantastic person and achieved something that no one from N.Ireland/Ulster has done since such was the feat.

comethekingdom

Dr. Pantridge
Harry Ferguson
Mary Peters
CS Lewis

Is Harry Ferguson the same man who created the grey 20?
Never heard of any of the others above - must be a nordie thing to know about these people. Who's hugo duncan?

stpauls

can we vote twice, mrs. stpauls was me to voe for Dr. Pantridge as she works for a company who make de-fibs and one of the partners was working with Pantridge when they came up with the idea. not taking away the fact that this invention has saved many lives the world over! personally i am stuck between Heaney or Hume!!

Square Ball

Quote from: stpauls on October 03, 2009, 04:02:35 PM
can we vote twice, mrs. stpauls was me to voe for Dr. Pantridge as she works for a company who make de-fibs and one of the partners was working with Pantridge when they came up with the idea. not taking away the fact that this invention has saved many lives the world over! personally i am stuck between Heaney or Hume!!

wont let me let you vote twice, used to be able to do it.

I voted for Dr P, think of the many lives he has helped to save

longrunsthefox

While I am no fan of the SDLP, I think John Hume's legacy will be mighty when the history of the Troubles and the peace process is remembered. He drove on and talked to the IRA to get them into the talks and got a lot of stick from ones in his own party and all sides. A man of great vision, and while he became very repetative, maybe was because he stuck by his beliefs and wanted to keep sending out his message. I have great admiration and gratitude for him.

norabeag

No word of Mr Nolan on the list. Thats disappointing ;)

Aerlik

No mention of Charles Bayly Franklin, one of, if not the first Irishman to get a podium finish at the TT races.
To find his equal an Irishman is forced to talk to God!