Paddy O'Rourke named as new Armagh Manager

Started by orange2009, October 02, 2009, 08:10:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

armaghniac

QuoteWe are still 5 Times better than Armagh.

Wrong tense there. You were 5 Times better than Armagh. In the last century.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

BroJolly

Lads, in fairness the uisce comment was unwarranted. Looking forward to see how things pan out now.

Is Donal Murtagh really only 38?

norabeag

Quote from: armaghniac on October 16, 2009, 03:24:03 PM
Quotets time that Armagh supporters realised that they are a crap team and they have to stop blaming the management, or lack of management.

Sure Down have been like that for a dozen years, why should we not do it.  ;D

In any case, we may not be quite the force we were, but we should be above the crap level. We are not Down.
Maybe not down but were on your way down til Downman came along to try resuscitation ;)

The Konica

Quote from: INDIANA on October 16, 2009, 08:58:49 AM
A recap:

Armagh have got Mc Gurn- arguably in the top 5 strength and conditioning coaches in the world. The All Blacks were prepared to move him out to NZ 2 years ago to look after their senior team.

Sounds a pretty good mix to me. Will the County Board be getting an apology from the Aramgh fans here? ;D :D

Bullshit

The Konica

Quote from: irunthev on October 16, 2009, 04:56:45 PM
Quote from: stpauls on October 16, 2009, 02:46:51 PM
Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on October 16, 2009, 02:40:06 PM
Lads and lasses, we have our concerns about Paddy O'Rourke, and justifiably so given his tenure over Down.  The thing is in Down he did not have the back up team that he ha availabel to him now and the raw material was not as good in my view.  With McGurn on board and two young assistants(Murtagh may look old but is only 38) the long term future for Armagh may be better than people expect.  We have an AI winning playing captain, and man who has played on 3 AI club winning teams and managed one as well, and a young and up and coming manager who has cut his teeth successfully along with a highly regarded, and highly sought after fitness coach.  Time to move away from the crap and look at what playing staff changes need to be made as lets face it Peter McDonnell did not lose the game against Monaghan.

here here!!!

I'll echo that too. Armagh have come out of this a heck of a lot better than people would have predicted two weeks ago. What they have managed to do must surely be in contention for "Save of the Season."

Definitely a good turn around.
Also as someone said - well done to Murtagh and McNulty on coming on board after all that happened.

I think it's too early to be harsh on O'Rourke before a ball has been kicked, so let's keep quiet until he actually does something.

The Konica

Quote from: DuffleKing on October 16, 2009, 09:36:41 AM
McGurn is a great appointment but the county board deserve no credit for that one. Grimley head hunted McGurn months back, sold him the all encompassing role and got a couple of big backers to finance it. After grimley left the scene the backers insisted that the McGurn appointment stay on the table irrespective of who got the job because it was such a good idea.

That is also absolute and complete bollox and it shows you know f*ck all about what really happened.

norabeag

Quote from: armaghniac on October 16, 2009, 06:43:26 PM

5  times better over the last century to be precise :D
2002 is a long time ago now as well

Cúig huaire

Quote from: armaghniac on October 16, 2009, 06:43:26 PM

We were, we are and we will always be better than Armagh. We are only 5 Times better than Armagh since 2002, we were much better before then, but you cannot multiply anything by zero.  ;)
Donagh, the GAA Board`s Sinn Fein PSNI spokesperson.

armaghniac

Quote5  times better over the last century to be precise

Well that's information, quote something and repeat it. Is there an echo?
Actually only over a half century though, as you won nothing in the first half of the century.

Quotebut you cannot multiply anything by zero.

I think you mean divide. Armagh people have no problem multiplying by zero. For example you could take Down's chance of winning something next year and multiply it by the chances of it raining during the year. Answer still zero.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Cúig huaire

Quote from: armaghniac on October 16, 2009, 08:25:08 PM

Actually only over a half century though, as you won nothing in the first half of the century.

I think you mean divide. Armagh people have no problem multiplying by zero. For example you could take Down's chance of winning something next year and multiply it by the chances of it raining during the year. Answer still zero.

And we`ve more chance of winning something than Armagh.  ;) In fact if Armagh are so good why did they need a Down man to manage them?  :D

stew

Quote from: Cúig huaire on October 16, 2009, 09:06:07 PM
Quote from: armaghniac on October 16, 2009, 08:25:08 PM

And we`ve more chance of winning something than Armagh.  ;) In fact if Armagh are so good why did they need a Down man to manage them?  :D

We didnt need one, we got one and I hope he does well, what scares me is that it would appear that there are Armagh supporters out there who hope Paddy fails, and even if the poor bastid won the AI I seriously doubt he would get the credit he would deserve, it would be down to the other three.

The man said he would give us his all, he is a proven winner at all levels and with this staff that has been assembled we might just be back in the hunt for sam in the next year or two.

I was pissed when he got the job, I got over it and as an Armagh fanatic I have to wish Paddy and the rest of the management team and players all the best of luck in the season ahead, the county board can go fcuk themselves however.

Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Cúig huaire

Quote from: stew on October 17, 2009, 12:10:25 AM
The man said he would give us his all, he is a proven winner at all levels and with this staff that has been assembled we might just be back in the hunt for sam in the next year or two.

In the hunt for Sam who? Sam Fox? Sam Torrance? Sammy Wilson?
Armagh fans need to get real, they won the All Ireland once, it will not happen again in our lifetime. The talent simply isnt there.

No way ref

Quote from: Cúig huaire on October 17, 2009, 12:18:34 AM

Armagh fans need to get real, they won the All Ireland once, it will not happen again in our lifetime. The talent simply isnt there.

Why do you have to be an a**hole

pintsofguinness

Quote from: The Konica on October 16, 2009, 07:28:57 PM
Quote from: DuffleKing on October 16, 2009, 09:36:41 AM
McGurn is a great appointment but the county board deserve no credit for that one. Grimley head hunted McGurn months back, sold him the all encompassing role and got a couple of big backers to finance it. After grimley left the scene the backers insisted that the McGurn appointment stay on the table irrespective of who got the job because it was such a good idea.

That is also absolute and complete bollox and it shows you know f*ck all about what really happened.

Why don't you te us what happened then.

No wonder county board are so shite when they f**k up all they get is "Well its done now so lets get behind the team, thats what true fans do"
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: No way ref on October 17, 2009, 02:27:25 AM
Quote from: Cúig huaire on October 17, 2009, 12:18:34 AM

Why do you have to be an a**hole

DO NOT FEED THE TROLLS!
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead