Paddy O'Rourke named as new Armagh Manager

Started by orange2009, October 02, 2009, 08:10:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pintsofguinness

looking better but I think Paddy O'Rourke should do waterboy
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

stew

Quote from: pintsofguinness on October 15, 2009, 06:24:49 PM
looking better but I think Paddy O'Rourke should do waterboy

:D

Pints I will be amazed if you live to see fifty, you are the ultimate pessimist, eat crap all day every day and this appointment has taken at least three years off your life.

Move on, Paddy is our man, get behind him and support him and your county. ;D
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Armamike

Despite their very best efforts the county board has managed to stumble their way to having a strong enough management team. It does look a lot better now. Going out and getting McGurn was inspired, credit where it's due to the county board on that one (still can't work out how they managed to pull that off). 
That's just, like your opinion man.

stew

Quote from: Armamike on October 15, 2009, 06:45:05 PM
Despite their very best efforts the county board has managed to stumble their way to having a strong enough management team. It does look a lot better now. Going out and getting McGurn was inspired, credit where it's due to the county board on that one (still can't work out how they managed to pull that off).

I could have a stab at it. Morgan wrote out a really big check and poof! McGurn signed on the dotted line.  :P
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

armaghniac

QuoteMcGurn signed on the dotted line.

I'd imagine that the management team will be cosy in the cold weather, with no delays on the  oil deliveries.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Real1995

I think that it is a good coup gettin Justin in, just interested to hear the opinions of those livin outside the south of the county, are you disappointed that there has not been a selector brought in from the mid or North of the county?
Nice guys always finish second!

thewanderer

it doesn't really matter as the quality is there in the men selected. i don't think donal and justy will stand in the way of any player from the mid or north that are good enough. i feel that about 20 of last years squad will remain and hopefully fresher and keener new young players will be added. we really need to make sure we find a good footballing/ play making half forward line which haven't had in the last 3 years. ;)

BroJolly

Not  too bothered there's no one from North Armagh. Justin McNultys attitude and commitment was always fantastic, so pleased he's on. No point moaning about O'Rourke cause its well documented.

Only niggle is the backroom team consist of 3 ex defenders. Forward coach would have been good

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: BroJolly on October 15, 2009, 07:40:23 PM
Not  too bothered there's no one from North Armagh. Justin McNultys attitude and commitment was always fantastic, so pleased he's on. No point moaning about O'Rourke cause its well documented.

Only niggle is the backroom team consist of 3 ex defenders. Forward coach would have been good

Although primarily a defender, Donal did many a stint up front as well.  I would easily say he is one of the most natural pure footballers I ever played with.  He didn't maybe show it on the field but he had a natural class.

naka

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on October 15, 2009, 08:00:41 PM

Although primarily a defender, Donal did many a stint up front as well.  I would easily say he is one of the most natural pure footballers I ever played with.  He didn't maybe show it on the field but he had a natural class.

broken you are taking the piss--i marked donal and have to say he was similiar to Francie and donaldson, no comment from him but you knew what was coming--
as a manager though a great record and credit to him, but could never class him as "most natural pure footballer"

Zapatista

He didn't maybe show it on the field but he had a natural class.

How does that work?

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: naka on October 15, 2009, 08:55:34 PM

broken you are taking the piss--i marked donal and have to say he was similiar to Francie and donaldson, no comment from him but you knew what was coming--
as a manager though a great record and credit to him, but could never class him as "most natural pure footballer"

Naka, he did what he had to when no 3 was on his back, but the big brother is the same age as him and they played midfield together all the way up through underage.  Donal is a classy forward and could kick points off either feet from anywhere inside the 45 line.  When he went to FB he did what any good FB does, holds his house!

Quote from: Zapatista on October 15, 2009, 08:58:57 PM
He didn't maybe show it on the field but he had a natural class.

How does that work?

He never really had to show what he could do in FB as naka attested to he just cleared the way in front of him.

Carbery

With Donal Murtagh and Mike McGurn and now Justin McNulty on board, is there any call for Paddy O'Rourke?

armaghniac

QuoteWith Donal Murtagh and Mike McGurn and now Justin McNulty on board, is there any call for Paddy O'Rourke?

There might be a call for him to go away back to Down.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

BroJolly

He could carry the uisce

Didn't realise Donal Murtagh played up front. I only ever seen him playing full back in the first cross team to win the all ireland.

Be interesting to see if boys like Jamie Clarke start to come through now