Paddy O'Rourke named as new Armagh Manager

Started by orange2009, October 02, 2009, 08:10:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

interested

Quote from: Joe Umbrella (hey) on October 05, 2009, 01:40:38 PM
Quote from: haveaharp on October 05, 2009, 01:10:34 PM
Quote from: Joe Umbrella (hey) on October 05, 2009, 01:03:51 PM
You dead right they are, sure big Grimley was there too. That reallly was the start of the trend that now is : Armagh men getting involved with superior footballing counties!

I can just imagine the poor Armagh souls are thinking now

Come on Cavan, sorry I mean Up Kildare, no wait a minute its Monaghan, no actually come on Galway, Oh woops its actually Armagh. Come on Armagh 4 more All Irelands and we'll match the mighy Cavan and those hoors from Down, lead us Paddy show us how Down done it.

Down dont really register with us Armachians - we are too busy on our northern border. Down are a laughing stock of a team and wont be winning anything soon. Your great hope Benny Coulter would not get a place in the Armagh full forward line.
I hope we meet next summer.
Until then.

I would'nt be so sure Haveaharp, Paddy O'Rourkes now your manager there will always be a place for Benny in Paddy's heart being a true Down man. Speaking of which Paddy having won All Irelands with Down at minor, under 21, senior, and club, he's used to nothing but sucess but now he's changed his allegience to Armagh.

Its a bit like swapping your:

- Ferrari for a Fiat Uno,
- Cheryl cole for Joe Cole, (in terms of lovers)
- An Armani suit for a Dunnes one. (Armani's a famous clothes designer for those on the northern border and I'm hoping u know what Dunnes is)
- Martin Clarke for Ronan Clarke

I'm sure you get the picture,

Like you said I'll see you next summer then as I take it as true Armagh gael you won't be going to see me when Down play Armagh early next year in the league?

Very good. ;D

haveaharp

Quote from: bingobus on October 05, 2009, 01:44:21 PM
This is funny.   ;D  ;D

I don't think the reaction would have been as bad if the Rev Ian Paisley got the job  ;D

At least he was born in the orchard county ;D

Joe Umbrella (hey)

Quote from: haveaharp on October 05, 2009, 02:21:13 PM
Quote from: bingobus on October 05, 2009, 01:44:21 PM
This is funny.   ;D  ;D

I don't think the reaction would have been as bad if the Rev Ian Paisley got the job  ;D

At least he was born in the orchard county ;D

Well he was offered it but said:

Never, Never, Never, No, No, No

ardasell

I have heard so many rumours over this appointment - wanted to see if any might be confirmed or denounced here.
On the five man player committee th ratify POR's appointment, out of R Clarke, Stevie, Marty OR, Ciaran McK and an other, only stevie wanted POR. they have worked together before I think. THis would suggest Stevie MIGHT stay on, but the fact that he is keen to start a club management career would argue against it.
Hughie Morgan asked the Armagh strength coach (rugby dude, his name escapes me) how he would like working with POR THREE Weeks ago.,yet everyone at the Ulster Writers do on Friday night was as surprised as the rest of Armagh at the appointment.
Ciaran McK was livid at the thought of playing under Pete McGrath because of his Down heritage - how will he react to POR?
POR will be a figurehead, and the driving force of the management team will be the "Dream Team" of Marsden, McGrane,and  McConville - POR has proven himself to be tactically niaive and mallable by those around him in previous appointments, and will let them dictate tactics.
Hey, it is the only thing anyone is talking about in the county, just wanted to air some of the sentiments.

The GAA

Can't see McGrane being involved in the management team and oisin won't be.
that leaves diarmaid as a possibility

naka

ardesell,
POR was sounded out early sept along with a few others, when it became apparent that grimley was not for turning, it is wrong to say that he was ofered the job, there was hope that mc alinden would step up but he wants to stay with the u-21s,
i know rafferty(j) was approached by a club directly  and asked would he consider being nominated by them and he declined
r u sure about the dream team, cos marsden`s contarct precludes him from working with the county does it not, and it would be somewhat strange for mc grane to be part of a selection committee and then be a selecter/asistant but hey who knows

Sandy Hill

QuoteHughie Morgan asked the Armagh strength coach (rugby dude, his name escapes me) how he would like working with POR THREE Weeks ago

Does anyone know Hugh Morgan's football background/pedigree? Surely as sponsor he has no right, I would have thought, to contribute even in a small way to a management appointment; would he also get a say in team selections and tactics? I saw him and O'Rourke together at the Intermediate Final yesterday; seem to be big buddies.
"Stercus accidit"

Goats Do Shave

Quote from: naka on October 05, 2009, 03:31:24 PM
ardesell,
POR was sounded out early sept along with a few others, when it became apparent that grimley was not for turning, it is wrong to say that he was ofered the job, there was hope that mc alinden would step up but he wants to stay with the u-21s,
i know rafferty(j) was approached by a club directly  and asked would he consider being nominated by them and he declined
r u sure about the dream team, cos marsden`s contarct precludes him from working with the county does it not, and it would be somewhat strange for mc grane to be part of a selection committee and then be a selecter/asistant but hey who knows

Ulster council employee's aren't allowed to coach teams unless it is their own county / club. So he'll be ok.

mountainboii

Quote from: Goats Do Shave on October 05, 2009, 03:43:38 PM
ardesell,

Ulster council employee's aren't allowed to coach teams unless it is their own county / club. So he'll be ok.

I've heard a recent rule change has closed that loophole and they are no longer permitted to work with any team. Anyone confirm?

fitzroyalty

You dead right they are, sure big Grimley was there too. That reallly was the start of the trend that now is : Armagh men getting involved with superior footballing counties!

Come on Cavan, sorry I mean Up Kildare, no wait a minute its Monaghan, no actually come on Galway, Oh woops its actually Armagh. Come on Armagh 4 more All Irelands and we'll match the mighy Cavan and those hoors from Down, lead us Paddy show us how Down done it.

Down dont really register with us Armachians - we are too busy on our northern border. Down are a laughing stock of a team and wont be winning anything soon. Your great hope Benny Coulter would not get a place in the Armagh full forward line.
Until then.

I would'nt be so sure Haveaharp, Paddy O'Rourkes now your manager there will always be a place for Benny in Paddy's heart being a true Down man. Speaking of which Paddy having won All Irelands with Down at minor, under 21, senior, and club, he's used to nothing but sucess but now he's changed his allegience to Armagh.

- An Armani suit for a Dunnes one. (Armani's a famous clothes designer for those on the northern border and I'm hoping u know what Dunnes is)

Like you said I'll see you next summer then as I take it as true Armagh gael you won't be going to see me when Down play Armagh early next year in the league?
Things aren't exactly rosy in Armagh, but it does brighten up the day when an aristocrat comes on and spouts shite! Marty Clarke gets 2-4 against some shitty mountain team and all of a sudden there is a renewed sense of confidence from the creators of football! If I want a history lesson I know who to ask  ::)

spiritof91and94

Quote from: T Fearon on October 05, 2009, 01:42:53 PM
We would have been safer with Mary O'Rourke FFS. What is going on here? If we had to have an outside manager could we at least not have opted for someone with a track record?

Aidan O'Rourke obviously didnt want it -  Tony get that convertible out next summer and follow Paddy and armagh to the promised land ;D

5 Sams

Quote from: fitzroyalty on October 05, 2009, 04:24:13 PM

Until then.

Things aren't exactly rosy in Armagh, but it does brighten up the day when an aristocrat comes on and spouts shite! Marty Clarke gets 2-4 against some shitty mountain team and all of a sudden there is a renewed sense of confidence from the creators of football! If I want a history lesson I know who to ask  ::)

Now now Fitzroyalty....everyone knows that football wasnt invented until 2002 :D
The Aristocrat Years

armaghniac

Quoteeveryone knows that football wasnt invented until 2002

That's bollix, sure didn't Oisin score 2-7 against Down in 1999.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

derrylad89

Quote from: AFS on October 05, 2009, 04:04:27 PM
Quote from: Goats Do Shave on October 05, 2009, 03:43:38 PM
ardesell,

I've heard a recent rule change has closed that loophole and they are no longer permitted to work with any team. Anyone confirm?

i beleave this to be corect i understand tony scullion was droped from derry minor manager race last year because he was an employee of ulster council gaa, also was very shocked 2 hear paddy o'rourke got the armagh job, when paul grimley didnt get it i wod have thought john rafferty wod be the best candad8 i had the privlege of working with him for a season the man is county material without a doubt and his no-nonsense aproach wod be good for armagh to take through all the younger talent

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Sandy Hill on October 05, 2009, 03:40:16 PM
QuoteHughie Morgan asked the Armagh strength coach (rugby dude, his name escapes me) how he would like working with POR THREE Weeks ago

Does anyone know Hugh Morgan's football background/pedigree? Surely as sponsor he has no right, I would have thought, to contribute even in a small way to a management appointment; would he also get a say in team selections and tactics? I saw him and O'Rourke together at the Intermediate Final yesterday; seem to be big buddies.

Armagh should do what Killeavey done.
POR will be a figurehead, and the driving force of the management team will be the "Dream Team" of Marsden, McGrane,and  McConville
"Dream team"??? That would be a terrible management team.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?