Paddy O'Rourke named as new Armagh Manager

Started by orange2009, October 02, 2009, 08:10:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trevor Hill

Quote from: AFS on October 03, 2009, 12:06:45 PM
Quote from: Trevor Hill on October 03, 2009, 12:00:52 PM
What exactly has pog or any of the others who are slagging off ORourke achieved? People are judging ORourke on his time with Down, a time when Down football was at its lowest ever ebb. Give the man a chance, if he falls flat on his face then you can all come on here and say I told you so. Until then shut the f**k up.
Armagh fans, if you can be called fans, need a severe dose of reality. Armagh are a nothing team, going nowhere fast. No one of note wanted the job. The county board had to pick the best available candidate, they obviously think they have the best man available to them. Likewise in Down. Neither of us are going to be playing football in September in the near future.

f**k off with your uninformed babble.

Could you highlight which part is uninformed?

TacadoirArdMhacha

What exactly has pog or any of the others who are slagging off ORourke achieved? People are judging ORourke on his time with Down, a time when Down football was at its lowest ever ebb. Give the man a chance, if he falls flat on his face then you can all come on here and say I told you so. Until then shut the f**k up.
Armagh fans, if you can be called fans, need a severe dose of reality. Armagh are a nothing team, going nowhere fast. No one of note wanted the job. The county board had to pick the best available candidate, they obviously think they have the best man available to them. Likewise in Down. Neither of us are going to be playing football in September in the near future.

Sure you and 5times have slagging him off yourself laughing at his appointment. Idiot.

One thing I will say is that I'll still always be supporting Armagh and not their opposition, no matter who the manager is.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

Trevor Hill

I am not slagging Paddy in any way. I am just laughing, though not surprised, at the reaction of Armagh fans.
I, like most Down people, am amazed that he took the job on. Armagh are a team in serious decline. Paddy would have been better off with a team like Louth, a team with a real shout for promotion this year. If Armagh get relegated, it will all be down to Paddy.

DuffleKing

What exactly has pog or any of the others who are slagging off ORourke achieved?

Paddy O'Rourke has achieved nothing as a manager. what did he achieve managing burren and blayney? he got the down job because of his status as a playing legend in that county. none of us give a shite about that

Armamike

F**ck away off you wind up merchant and quit talking shite.
That's just, like your opinion man.

mountainboii

Quote from: Trevor Hill on October 03, 2009, 12:15:52 PM
Quote from: AFS on October 03, 2009, 12:06:45 PM

f**k off with your uninformed babble.

Could you highlight which part is uninformed?

All crap.

You're also too thick to understand the direction of the anger and frustration.

DuffleKing

Quote from: Trevor Hill on October 03, 2009, 12:25:10 PM
I am not slagging Paddy in any way. I am just laughing, though not surprised, at the reaction of Armagh fans.
I, like most Down people, am amazed that he took the job on. Armagh are a team in serious decline. Paddy would have been better off with a team like Louth, a team with a real shout for promotion this year. If Armagh get relegated, it will all be down to Paddy.

TThat you think armagh are in decline shows how well informed you are. the decline has been over the last 4 years and would have stopped here if the right appointment had been made

Trevor Hill

Armagh For Sam :D
Dont book any holidays for next year lads, it ll be a long summer.  ;D

John Martin

Did POR not manage Down to an u-21 Ulster title?
I realise this isn't a big deal but I am just wondering.

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: John Martin on October 03, 2009, 12:28:39 PM

Possibly. Did he have that side that conceded all them goals to Meehan and Armstrong in the final? 2005 possibly?

So the Ulster title would give him half of wee Pete's totals of those trophies. Let's just find him a couple of senior All Irelands as a manager and the appointment will start to make sense.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

DuffleKing

Quote from: Trevor Hill on October 03, 2009, 12:28:05 PM
Armagh For Sam :D
Dont book any holidays for next year lads, it ll be a long summer.  ;D

a minute ago you were demanding respect for him and time.

get off this thread you gobshite

Sandy Hill

Must say that I'm gunked by this appointment; never saw it coming! There's something inherently against the GAA "natural law" for a man to go managing a neighbouring county, especially when there is no love lost with that neighbouring county . Could you imagine M Harte going to manage Derry, Colm O'Rourke going to Dublin, M O'Dwyer going to Cork or Joe Kernan going to Tyrone? What happens when Armagh and Down meet down the line in a crunch championship match; surely in that circumstance it would be asking a lot of any man to give everything he's got to plot the defeat of a team that he captained to AI success? I ask this question not to query P O'Rourke's integrity, I'm sure he's an honest and fair man, but rather to look at how a situation like this could put him under tremendous pressure.
I'd love to know what has attracted him to Armagh?
However he's in situ and I wish him well; what else can I do?
Anyone know when his appointment was made?
"Stercus accidit"

Trevor Hill

Quote from: DuffleKing on October 03, 2009, 12:26:34 PM
TThat you think armagh are in decline shows how well informed you are. the decline has been over the last 4 years and would have stopped here if the right appointment had been made

So who was the right appointment then?
No one wanted the job. Grimley went to Monaghan. Geezer is staying in Kildare. If either of those 2 men thought there was a chance of success they would have been back in Armagh quicker than you could say "under the table expenses." End of story.
Anyone with any cop on can see Armagh are gone, dead in the water. The Cross boys have all retired, the 2002 team have gone as well. There is nothing to manage. I am shocked that Paddy took the job on, but like many in Down am delighted at the reaction of the Armagh faithful.

John Martin

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on October 03, 2009, 12:33:04 PM

Possibly. Did he have that side that conceded all them goals to Meehan and Armstrong in the final? 2005 possibly?

So the Ulster title would give him half of wee Pete's totals of those trophies. Let's just find him a couple of senior All Irelands as a manager and the appointment will start to make sense.

Alright TAM i was only asking cuz a minute ago I was reading that pints had won as much as him.
As a down man I wish POR all the best and I genuinely want him to do well.

mountainboii

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on October 03, 2009, 12:33:04 PM

Yeah he was over them in 2005. Beat Cavan by a couple of points in the final.