Paddy O'Rourke named as new Armagh Manager

Started by orange2009, October 02, 2009, 08:10:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: balladmaker on October 03, 2009, 02:15:28 AM
Well if by a long shot Paddy does have success in Armagh, and claims some decent silverware...this thread will be worth reading again on that day!  I hope Paddy nor his family are thin skinned, after reading this thread  ::)

And if that happens I'll be the first man to stand up and say I was wrong. But it won;t change the fact that on the basis of the information currently before us, the appointment is unjustifiable. Maybe Paddy O'Rourke will improve as a manager, I sincerely hope he does and that he is successful with us. But none of that would justify what happened tonight or the reasons for which this appointment was made.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

balladmaker

Well if I was Paddy O'Rourke, which I'm not, I wouldn't be feeling the most welcomed man in Co. Armagh tonight, after reading this thread.

balladmaker

QuoteAnd if that happens I'll be the first man to stand up and say I was wrong. But it won;t change the fact that on the basis of the information currently before us, the appointment is unjustifiable. Maybe Paddy O'Rourke will improve as a manager, I sincerely hope he does and that he is successful with us. But none of that would justify what happened tonight or the reasons for which this appointment was made.

I'm with ye...surely the county board knew when they made their decision there was going to be an almighty outcry from within the county....its as if the board have given the two fingers to the Armagh team.

DuffleKing

noone criticising paddy - its the clowns who gave him the job.

if you were a mediocre to poor coach and someone offered you the armagh job, what would you do?

DuffleKing

Quote from: balladmaker on October 03, 2009, 02:20:37 AM
Well if I was Paddy O'Rourke, which I'm not, I wouldn't be feeling the most welcomed man in Co. Armagh tonight, after reading this thread.

do you think there might be a chance he could realise the lie of the land and withdraw?
please say yes

red hander

Keep it up boys, this thread is f**king brilliant  :P

balladmaker

Quoteif you were a mediocre to poor coach and someone offered you the armagh job, what would you do?

Are you saying Paddy is a poor coach?

pintsofguinness

Quote from: balladmaker on October 03, 2009, 02:20:37 AM
Well he'd be right.  No one's saying anything personal about him, we are saying we don't think he's up to the job which is a fair enough comment based on the evidence in front of us!

Any anger I have is directed at those who appointed him.

Again, do you think we shouldnt say anything about the joke we have become in case the new manager doesnt feel welcome?
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

DuffleKing

Afair play to paddy - at least he has tac and pints agreeing. maybe we should send him to the middle east?

OC has anthony cunningham as assistant.

balladmaker

QuoteAgain, do you think we shouldnt say anything about the joke we have become in case the new manager doesnt feel welcome?

No.

DuffleKing

Quote from: balladmaker on October 03, 2009, 02:24:02 AM
Quoteif you were a mediocre to poor coach and someone offered you the armagh job, what would you do?

Are you saying Paddy is a poor coach?

I was being generous. he;s not a  coach at all

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: DuffleKing on October 03, 2009, 02:24:56 AM
Afair play to paddy - at least he has tac and pints agreeing. maybe we should send him to the middle east?

OC has anthony cunningham as assistant.

Was thinking that myself.  :D

3 year term so by 2011 both Paddy and the Bridge will in division 4.  :)
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

pintsofguinness

Quote from: balladmaker on October 03, 2009, 02:25:27 AM
QuoteAgain, do you think we shouldnt say anything about the joke we have become in case the new manager doesnt feel welcome?

No.
Well then why are you talking about his family reading the thread?
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

T O Hare

The ex Down players have a lot of good words about O'Rourke so i think the Armagh fans have to give him a chance.... though i still can't understand how a Down man could manage Armagh..  ??? ??? ???
"2008 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

3000 miles away

some craic if he wins ulster, this will kinda of renew the rivalry with Down in a pub talk sense but armagh wont be long puttin them back where they belong, martin clarke and all! up armagh.