Paddy O'Rourke named as new Armagh Manager

Started by orange2009, October 02, 2009, 08:10:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cúig huaire

Quote from: pintsofguinness on October 02, 2009, 09:40:49 PM

O'Rourke, who was captain of the Down team which won the All-Ireland title in 1991, has been handed a three-year term in the Orchard hotseat
it gets f**king worse

Its all a matter of perspective pints.  ;)
Donagh, the GAA Board`s Sinn Fein PSNI spokesperson.

orangeman

Quote from: pintsofguinness on October 02, 2009, 09:40:49 PM

O'Rourke, who was captain of the Down team which won the All-Ireland title in 1991, has been handed a three-year term in the Orchard hotseat
it gets f**king worse

I can't wait for that wee skip in response to a win !  ;) Peter O'Donnell would never have done that wee dance.

DuffleKing

Quote from: Bensars on October 02, 2009, 09:41:51 PM
Like him or loath him he has  a lot more experience both playing and managerially than some of the names mentioned. I said all along that he shouldnt have taken a lot of the flak last year. The reality was that the down over the last couple of years hadnt the bottle for the fight

what has he won as a manager. with club or county?

stew

Fairs fair, I bursted a gut after Down took the caravan dweller to run their show, we seem to have stooped to the same level. Have your funs boys, in three years time we will be winning AI's. :o
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

pintsofguinness

Like him or loath him he has  a lot more experience both playing and managerially than some of the names mentioned. I said all along that he shouldnt have taken a lot of the flak last year. The reality was that the down over the last couple of years hadnt the bottle for the fight
YOu're better going with someone who's untested than someone who has been tested and has failed miserably!
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

brokencrossbar1

After my first initial what the fcuk?, I thought about this and I reckon it is a very clever ploy.  We all know that Paddy is on his way out already before the ink has even dried on the deal.  Give him 12 months as a patsy taking Armagh no where in particular.  Some older players may move on.  McGeeney's 3 years will be up at Kildare, ad back he comes.  I have heard there is another potential backer waiting in the wings on the financial side and perhaps he has had some input into things.

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: stew on October 02, 2009, 09:44:47 PM
Fairs fair, I bursted a gut after Down took the caravan dweller to run their show, we seem to have stooped to the same level. Have your funs boys, in three years time we will be winning AI's. :o

Stew what the f**k do you mean by that?
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

orangeman

Quote from: DuffleKing on October 02, 2009, 09:44:07 PM

[/b]

That hardly matters, does it ?

Cúig huaire

Quote from: pintsofguinness on October 02, 2009, 09:45:03 PM
YOu're better going with someone who's untested than someone who has been tested and has failed miserably!

No one in Armagh has won more than POR.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7dsY8QUxFLk
Donagh, the GAA Board`s Sinn Fein PSNI spokesperson.

DuffleKing

Quote from: orangeman on October 02, 2009, 09:46:08 PM

[/b]

hardly matters? f**k off ye clown

orangeman

Quote from: DuffleKing on October 02, 2009, 09:51:17 PM
Quote from: orangeman on October 02, 2009, 09:46:08 PM

[/b]

hardly matters? f**k off ye clown

There's plenty of managerial appointments made and a lot of them have won nothing. Sorry you took me up wrong there.

Trevor Hill

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on October 02, 2009, 09:45:18 PM
After my first initial what the fcuk?, I thought about this and I reckon it is a very clever ploy.  We all know that Paddy is on his way out already before the ink has even dried on the deal.  Give him 12 months as a patsy taking Armagh no where in particular.  Some older players may move on.  McGeeney's 3 years will be up at Kildare, ad back he comes.  I have heard there is another potential backer waiting in the wings on the financial side and perhaps he has had some input into things.

Are you saying that McGeeney will only come back when Armagh can afford to pay him?

gerry

you could be right but would  Kieran want to come back to a team that will be rebuilding
God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

DuffleKing

John rafferty has won three county titles and an ulster club championship

peter rafferty has won an ulster and all  ireland u21

donal murtagh has won 3 county championships, 3 ulster clubs in a row and an all ireland club

Brian mcalinden has won 2 ulster titles - when they mattered

paddy o'rourke has won nothing

whay not give it to an armagh man who has won nothing?

are you advocating not considering managerial records when making appointments?

bad experience is way worse than no experience

tyrone86

Quote from: Trevor Hill on October 02, 2009, 09:57:53 PM

Are you saying that McGeeney will only come back when Armagh can afford to pay him?

I heard there was a new financial backer prepared to come in for this incoming year but it was vetoed.