Paddy O'Rourke named as new Armagh Manager

Started by orange2009, October 02, 2009, 08:10:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Family guy on October 03, 2009, 09:42:55 PM
Chatting to johnny murtagh from crossmaglen here in new york and he was saying paddy o urouke was calling him looking him home to play for them,know hes good out here but is he good enough to help armagh??
I dont think he'd be an automatic starter for cross.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

INDIANA

Chatting to johnny murtagh from crossmaglen here in new york and he was saying paddy o urouke was calling him looking him home to play for them,know hes good out here but is he good enough to help armagh??

decent club player nothing more.

DuffleKing

lol. johnny's some craic. you couldn't believe a word came out of his mouth

Gaffer

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on October 03, 2009, 08:26:02 PM
Quote from: longrunsthefox on October 03, 2009, 08:22:45 PM
Abidy image of Paddy is dancing up mand down the sideline in those back tights in 2003 Ulster final at Clones when Down went nine points ahead of Tyrone. Alas the Paddy the dancing was soon to stop...  8)

To be fair I suppose you could say that only for dives from Canavan and McGuigan he'd have won an Ulster title in his first year of management and his entire spell at Down could have worked out differently right enough.

Rubbish.
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: Gaffer on October 03, 2009, 10:56:12 PM
Abidy image of Paddy is dancing up mand down the sideline in those back tights in 2003 Ulster final at Clones when Down went nine points ahead of Tyrone. Alas the Paddy the dancing was soon to stop...  8)

To be fair I suppose you could say that only for dives from Canavan and McGuigan he'd have won an Ulster title in his first year of management and his entire spell at Down could have worked out differently right enough.

Rubbish.

How is it rubbish?

Canavan throw himself to the ground at the merest of touches to win the penalty, without which Tyrone were beaten.

And you can't argue that being a man down in closing stages wasn't a huge disadvantage to Down. Or maybe you'd try to claim that the weight of a ball being thrown at the chest usually knocks down intercounty footballers?
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

mournerambler

Quote from: DuffleKing on October 03, 2009, 09:31:46 PM

yup, even down are shorter odds

Carlsberg don't do 'laughable appointment processes', but if they did........................................................ ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

The whole Armagh management scenario makes the Down process seem like clockwork.

norabeag

Arrogant f***ers. A week ago McGrath was not good anough even though he was more quallified than any one in house. Some times you get what you deserve. :D :D

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: norabeag on October 04, 2009, 02:58:33 AM
Arrogant f***ers. A week ago McGrath was not good anough even though he was more quallified than any one in house. Some times you get what you deserve. :D :D

Are you talking about the Armagh appointment or the Down one?  ::)

norabeag

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on October 04, 2009, 03:30:04 AM

Nope Down will be ok son ;)

mountainboii

Quote from: norabeag on October 04, 2009, 07:48:25 AM

Sure will. Decent management, alright forward line, solid midfield, Marty Clarke back, six good defenders... oh wait  ;)

Gaffer

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on October 03, 2009, 11:35:38 PM

Rubbish.

How is it rubbish?

Canavan throw himself to the ground at the merest of touches to win the penalty, without which Tyrone were beaten.

And you can't argue that being a man down in closing stages wasn't a huge disadvantage to Down. Or maybe you'd try to claim that the weight of a ball being thrown at the chest usually knocks down intercounty footballers?

Canavan was fouled which explains why Tyrone got a penalty. Leave out the Tyrone bashing please. Its POR;s appointment we are discussing here. I hope he does well with Amagh

TacadoirArdMhacha

But obviously Down are, as you put it, arrogant f**kers, since turning down Pete McGrath is obvious the criteria for this?

Quote from: Gaffer on October 04, 2009, 10:56:52 AM

Rubbish.

How is it rubbish?

Canavan was fouled which explains why Tyrone got a penalty. Leave out the Tyrone bashing please. Its POR;s appointment we are discussing here. I hope he does well with Amagh

I don't think I was "Tyrone- bashing". Nothing I said there wasn't true.

Gaffer

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on October 04, 2009, 11:17:52 AM

But obviously Down are, as you put it, arrogant f**kers, since turning down Pete McGrath is obvious the criteria for this?

Quote from: Gaffer on October 04, 2009, 10:56:52 AM

Rubbish.

How is it rubbish?

I don't think I was "Tyrone- bashing". Nothing I said there wasn't true.

You were bashing but lets look to the future, Eh?

Mourne Rover

It's a measure of how bad the last 15 years have been for Down that we are still talking about a draw from 2003, but there can be no doubt that Paddy O'Rourke was very unlucky not to win a USC that year. McGuigan tripped big Gregory as he was about to take a free, which is a straight red. Gregory threw the ball at him, which was foolish and a minimum yellow and maybe a red. Natural justice would have been red for McGuigan and yellow for Gregory. Aidan Mangan, the Kerry ref, sent off Gregory and took no action against McGuigan, which was ludicrous.

Down had to play the entire second half during a heat wave with 14 men, went 9 up and only a dubious penalty for Canavan got Tyrone a draw. You could question Paddy's tactics when we were defending the lead, but the fates were against him,

Unfortunately, we were destroyed in the replay and it all went downhill from there for Paddy. An inability to hold on to a lead was demonstrated time and again, and the evidence is that he has all the commitment in the world but reading a game from the sideline is not his strength. I wish him good luck with Armagh, unless they are playing us, but he needs plenty of time and the backing of all concerned and he is unlikely to get either.

ONeill

Quote from: Mourne Rover on October 05, 2009, 12:16:39 AM
McGuigan tripped big Gregory as he was about to take a free, which is a straight red.

Is that right? Rare rules down in the Mourne.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.