Favourite Fiction Author

Started by omagh_gael, September 29, 2009, 11:57:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Canalman

The Day of the Jackal by Frederick Forsyth is also a class novel. Should have lauded it in my previous post. A must read imo....... one of the very few books I reread.

vav

Would recommend Stephen King's Dark Tower series

(might have already been mentioned but I'm having one of those lazy days and 4 pages seems too much to read)

omagh_gael

Used to love Franklin w dixons hardy boys when I was a nipper, any fans?

Tony Baloney

Papillon by Henri Charriere is some story. Written as fact but is more like a "based on fact" account.

omagh_gael

Cheers for all the recommendations lads and ladies, on your advice I have bought Terry Pratchett's Nation and James Pattersons Cross country (both £3.86 in asda, bargin!). Anyone read these? Any good?

Agnes Dipesto

Has anyone read Twilight series? Know a few girls who are crazy bout it. When I said I had never heard of it, they looked at me as if I had two heads!

Yes, they are very good.

Papillon by Henri Charriere is some story. Written as fact but is more like a "based on fact" account.

Excellent book.

gawa316

If you like your Sci-fi then James Herbert is a great author especially The Fog, Rats, Lair and Domain

Tony Baloney

Got Henning Mankell's 'Kennedy's Brain' and Jonathan Kellerman's 'Gone' from the library this morning on the recommendation of a few posters. Better be worth it!

mc_grens

Thought Stephen Kings Dark Tower series was great, particularly if you've read his other stuff and get the cross overs with the Stand, etc. The ending was absolute crap though, and after 7 loooong f**king books I was pissed off to say the least!

The Stand, by the way, is a f**king masterpiece.

Puckoon

Quote from: omagh_gael on October 01, 2009, 09:07:28 PM
Used to love Franklin w dixons hardy boys when I was a nipper, any fans?

The hardy boys were a great read when I was younger.
Also read alot of Christopher pike.

Roald Dahl was the man however.

vav

Quote from: mc_grens on October 03, 2009, 03:26:33 PM
Thought Stephen Kings Dark Tower series was great, particularly if you've read his other stuff and get the cross overs with the Stand, etc. The ending was absolute crap though, and after 7 loooong f**king books I was pissed off to say the least!

I never finished the last book.. read til half way through the last book and one of my friends told me the ending was shit so I decided to leave it unread!!