Michael O Leary on Today FM - talks pure sense.

Started by comethekingdom, September 29, 2009, 10:37:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doogie Browser

Quote from: comethekingdom on October 12, 2009, 10:27:56 PM
Did anyone see Panorama on BBC tonight? Didn't do much for Ryanairs image but sure everyone knows that they are not easy to work for. O'Leary however, played rings around them english boys outside the door of the Radisson in Dublin airport. Watch it all on :
http://news.bbc.co.uk/panorama/hi/front_page/newsid_8298000/8298750.stm

Good show, but in fairness to Ryanair it was nothing new. Shock, horror 'budget airline tries to get as much as it can from customers' - we have heard it all before.

Can you get a Visa Electron Card handy enough?  That is my major gripe with them now, £5.00 per person per journey extra is scandalous.

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: Doogie Browser on October 13, 2009, 10:44:20 AM
Quote from: comethekingdom on October 12, 2009, 10:27:56 PM
Did anyone see Panorama on BBC tonight? Didn't do much for Ryanairs image but sure everyone knows that they are not easy to work for. O'Leary however, played rings around them english boys outside the door of the Radisson in Dublin airport. Watch it all on :
http://news.bbc.co.uk/panorama/hi/front_page/newsid_8298000/8298750.stm

Good show, but in fairness to Ryanair it was nothing new. Shock, horror 'budget airline tries to get as much as it can from customers' - we have heard it all before.

Can you get a Visa Electron Card handy enough?  That is my major gripe with them now, £5.00 per person per journey extra is scandalous.

I thought Ryanair came out of it well. The show told us nothing we did not know, and O'Leary basically stated the facts re passanger numbers, money etc. It works. Panoram also said untruths. They said that an electron cannot be obtained in the UK.

However I know for a fact when you open an account with the Halifax you can get one.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Overthebar!

yea i have a visa electron-cardcash. got it from halifax before i was 18 and kept it ever since just because it saves me paying extra charges on flights....

haranguerer

I thought ryanair came out of it well also. The alternative is that air travel is too expensive for most of us - even with hidden charges, most of which are avoidable, ryanair is still cheaper than anyone else.

Having said that - O'leary running the country? Ya mad? He is a very successful businessman because of his ruthlessness, and fair play to him for that, but this would be one despotic right wing state if someone like him got into government

thewobbler

Quoteryanair is still cheaper than anyone else.
I don't tend to book flights 6 months in advance, but I do fly up to 10 times a year. I travel for random amonts of days and prefer to fly over a weekend.

All this surely makes me a normal leisure passenger. Yet it's been a long time since Ryanair came up as cheaper for me on a route than Aer Lingus or Easyjet, let alone so significantly cheaper that it's worth the hassle of flying with them.

I was a huge fan of Ryanair, but my feelings these days is it's not worth using them unless the flight time is the single most important factor.

sammymaguire

DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

lfdown2

london to glasgow...glasgow to belfast...belfast to london = £36 (all in)

now i cant complain and fair play to O'Leary he has made a fortune of a very shakey airline!

nifan

Quote from: sammymaguire link=topic=13924.msg661106#msg661106
don't help them promote their sh1te service  >:(
/quote]

Its not shite - its not luxury but it is cheap and i know what im getting when i buy it.
I think olearys a gob, but i use ryanair as it is value for money.

under the bar

QuoteNow, you dont have to tell me that all Public sector workers are wasters, they are not.

Not them all but the vast majority are, frontline heathcare workers excepted

sammymaguire

MO'L is a hugely successful business man and has built an aviation empire out of a clap trap airline company that was on its knees when he took over but he has dragged this industry into the ground in doing so and many other airlines have folded or followed suit to the passengers detriment, the level of service for a cheap flight will become worse and worse before pepole eventually cop on a turn their backs on this feckin eejit - everyone knows where to go to find a cheap flight, don't highlight it even further
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

Rossie11

Quotedon't help them promote their sh1te service
Didnt the Beeb do that by giving him 9mins of advertisements for free.. Clowns.

the colonel

Quote from: sammymaguire on October 13, 2009, 06:59:44 PM
MO'L is a hugely successful business man and has built an aviation empire out of a clap trap airline company that was on its knees when he took over but he has dragged this industry into the ground in doing so and many other airlines have folded or followed suit to the passengers detriment, the level of service for a cheap flight will become worse and worse before pepole eventually cop on a turn their backs on this feckin eejit - everyone knows where to go to find a cheap flight, don't highlight it even further

sammy you know what your getting when you fly with. you cant tell anyone what to put on a discussion forum, its up to themselves. When my flight only lasts 1hour max I'm not really fussed about the service and to be honest I've never really had a bad flight with them. Dont be so uptight.
the difference between success and failure is energy

under the bar

An america relative recently visited from states and booked Ryanair from london to Dub.  They charged him £20 PER KILO for excess baggage, most of which was presents and ended up being charged nearly £300. 

He point blank refused to pay it and the check in girl pointed to the bin and said "Theres your other option"  He went beserk and the cops had to be called to calm him down!  ;D

tyssam5

He should've read the policy on the website. Any one traveling now knows to weigh their bags.