Michael O Leary on Today FM - talks pure sense.

Started by comethekingdom, September 29, 2009, 10:37:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

comethekingdom

http://audioserver.todayfm.com/audio/MichaelOLeary2909.mp3   8)

This was from this mornings Ray Darcy show. Wouldn't he do some job with the public/civil service? Save the country a fortune of money and get rid of the wasters.

muppet

Quote from: comethekingdom on September 29, 2009, 10:37:35 PM
http://audioserver.todayfm.com/audio/MichaelOLeary2909.mp3   8)

This was from this mornings Ray Darcy show. Wouldn't he do some job with the public/civil service? Save the country a fortune of money and get rid of the wasters.

Do you have the faintest idea what Michael O'Leary is about?  ::)

MWWSI 2017

comethekingdom

Tells it like it is with regard to the public service! - Cant fault him for that. If you do, then you have a vested interest I'd say.

muppet

Quote from: comethekingdom on September 29, 2009, 10:55:20 PM
Tells it like it is with regard to the public service! - Cant fault him for that. If you do, then you have a vested interest I'd say.

Yes I have a vested interest. I know people who have had the misfortune to work for him.

If a public service that have to sleep in a car park or walk to work because they have no money for a bus is your thing then knock yourself with O'Leary.

If you fancy a public service that cancels your leave with a few days notice, leave during which you are getting married, just because a boss wants to 'get' you then bravo. But its not a country I would any part of.
MWWSI 2017

comethekingdom

I wouldn't like to work for him either. I know people that work in Ryanair too. I also know alot of people that work in the civil/public service and they openly admit that they do fcuk all and that its great, they can't be got rid of, the hours are fantastic, pensions etc. O'Learys point is perfectly valid - waste waste and more waste - unaccountable unanswerable - it dosent happen in an honest private sector workplace. Now, you dont have to tell me that all Public sector workers are wasters, they are not. I have great admiration for the frontline service people working the unsocial hrs etc, its the admin and bullshit pen pushers that do my head in. I know a woman that goes to work in a civil service job and all she does is franks a few letters every day and reads books! Its true!  All paid for by the poor screwed taxpayer. Her boss never turns into work til after 2:30 pm any day!

muppet

Quote from: comethekingdom on September 29, 2009, 11:13:58 PM
I wouldn't like to work for him either. I know people that work in Ryanair too. I also know alot of people that work in the civil/public service and they openly admit that they do fcuk all and that its great, they can't be got rid of, the hours are fantastic, pensions etc. O'Learys point is perfectly valid - waste waste and more waste - unaccountable unanswerable - it dosent happen in an honest private sector workplace. Now, you dont have to tell me that all Public sector workers are wasters, they are not. I have great admiration for the frontline service people working the unsocial hrs etc, its the admin and bullshit pen pushers that do my head in. I know a woman that goes to work in a civil service job and all she does is franks a few letters every day and reads books! Its true!  All paid for by the poor screwed taxpayer. Her boss never turns into work til after 2:30 pm any day!

O'Leary peddles easy answers. Big on rhetoric, low on respect for anyone or anything other than himself.

I don't care what he says on radio or tv, but the thought of inflicting his disgusting regime on the entire public sector would sicken me.
MWWSI 2017

comethekingdom

Do you agree then, with the waste and disgraceful carry on that I have outlined above then? Never mind MOL.

Donagh

Heard about two minutes of it and then switched off - to seal a phrase from elsewhere - being grilled by Darcy is like being savaged by a dead sheep. Was a much better debate hosted by Pat the Plank at the same time.

Roger

I'd like someone like O'Leary to get stuck into the public sector north or the border.  I have a vested interested in reducing waste in the government and the public sector just won't do it.  Taxes go up and the public spending deficits increase. £1 trillion defecit in the UK public sector pensions!  £1 feckin trillion deficit not liability!! Don't know much about the south but if it's anything like NI then O'Leary would be the sort of guy needed to sort it out down there.  It might not be pretty but it would need ruthless action to put it back on track. Think he's a right bastard mind and hear he's hard to work for. 

Armamike

He calls a spade a rocket launcher.  Heard him on the radio today giving off about the 'losers' in the no camp on Lisbon. Doesn't have much time for the Government of the day either. Safe to say he's made a few enemies in his time.
That's just, like your opinion man.

muppet

Quote from: comethekingdom on September 29, 2009, 11:22:41 PM
Do you agree then, with the waste and disgraceful carry on that I have outlined above then? Never mind MOL.

I agree 100% with you on that. Just be careful what you ask for as regards O'Leary.
MWWSI 2017

Pangurban

Michael o leary does not give one shit about the state of the public services, he is merely cosying up to the Commision in the hope they will help facilitate his takeover of Aer Lingus. When that happens you will know all about redundancies, low pay, and abuse of employees rights. Its his kind and their acquisitive greed who have destroyed the whole concept of fair play and social responsibility

comethekingdom

I dont think anyone on here is saying he's a great fella and he is a joy to work for but he is the only one that highlights the 30 odd hr working week, sick days, holidays, waste, flexible working hrs totally beyond benefit to the employer etc etc.

sammymaguire

DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

comethekingdom

Did anyone see Panorama on BBC tonight? Didn't do much for Ryanairs image but sure everyone knows that they are not easy to work for. O'Leary however, played rings around them english boys outside the door of the Radisson in Dublin airport. Watch it all on :
http://news.bbc.co.uk/panorama/hi/front_page/newsid_8298000/8298750.stm