great example of the diving block and by an u-8 !!

Started by Abble, September 29, 2009, 09:04:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

haranguerer

Quote from: StGallsGAA on September 29, 2009, 02:29:06 PM
Quotegood effort, but it doesnt look like he made it...

Plus his eyes are closed AND his hands are too open, the ball is going to go through them, thats if he even makes it

You are both assuming that the ball is going upwards from the kickers foot.  How do you know he hasn't already made the block and the ball is on the rebound downwards?

he could have i suppose...... but that would mean the lad who kicked it is either moving in slow motion, or held the pose for the camera.....

stiffler

It looks like it says Emmets on the sleeve of the maroon jersey, which would be Robert Emmet's Slaughtneil.
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

Bogball XV

Quote from: stiffler on September 29, 2009, 09:51:49 PM
It looks like it says Emmets on the sleeve of the maroon jersey, which would be Robert Emmet's Slaughtneil.
and Watty Graham's GAC, Glen Maghera (as opposed to Glenullon).

Gabriel_Hurl

it's definitely slaughtneil - that's their badge on the jersey

Donnellys Hollow

Nothing more satisfying than blocking a lad when he thinks he's got a handy point. I've been a back all my life so I don't really know how satisfying it is to score a goal or a point, they're as rare as hen's teeth for me!!
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

Aerlik

The ruckus would be the Fallagloon young defenders versus the Carntoger Loyal Sons.   Parents start at half-time and the wanes after the game and at the Slaughtneil disco.
To find his equal an Irishman is forced to talk to God!