MSK and MSK Extra

Started by Redhand Santa, September 28, 2009, 09:05:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thejuice

It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Cosmo Kramer

This article on Australian Rugby League might give us an idea of where this is headed.

http://www.nrl.com/news/news/newsarticle/tabid/10874/newsid/58282/nrl-secures-new-broadcasting-deal-in-uk/default.aspx

QuoteFor the remainder of the 2010 Telstra Premiership, and for the 2011/2012 seasons, new sports channel MSK, (channel 433 on the BSkyB platform) will feature at least three Telstra Premiership games from each round of matches.

Games will be shown free of charge for the first two months, after which they will be available via subscription.

If the same happened for the GAA, you would get it free until mid June and then as soon as the bigger games start up, it would go PPV.
A few Mayo GAA videos if anyone is interested - www.youtube.com/CosmoKramer100

ziggysego

THIS summer's Gaelic football and hurling Championships will be available to GAA fans in Britain, Croke Park have confirmed.

A leading GAA administrator and an inside source said the Irish company, currently operating under the name MSK Ltd, have already resumed a limited broadcasting service to 9.5million British homes and 45,000 commercial premises.

The news comes after months of black-out speculation, following Setanta International's fall into administration last year. Prior to the collapse, the company ceased broadcasting for three weeks in high summer after its contract with the English Premier League fell through.

The service was eventually restored at the quarter-final stage of the Championship and continued to the end of the season. The international Gaelic games rights for Britain then returned to Croke Park.

Speaking about the restored service the GAA administrator said: "All the details are yet to be signed off, but you can take it that we will be well up and running by the time the Championship starts in two weeks' time.

"In fact, it will be there for the football and hurling league finals on April 25 and May 2."

He continued. "The service in Britain will be available to subscribers on the Sky platform on channel 433 and will initially be trialed on a free-to-air basis. "At the moment we don't expect this to change."

Speaking two weeks ago about the importance of transmitting the games internationally, GAA commercial and marketing manager Dermot Power said: "The big issue from our point of view is getting the games out there and making them available to our own people outside of Ireland as much as we can.

"All of us have been abroad and sat in a pub and watched a GAA match — it's a unique experience and one we are very proud to provide."

Echoing those views, London GAA chairman Tommy Harrell said: "It's great news for the GAA fraternity overseas and that it's free to view is even better still. There were concerns about the service resuming the last few weeks and a lot of people were starting to ask questions, but this will be very popular news."

The new broadcaster has confirmed that they will televise extended GAA coverage in addition to marquee Championship games played at weekends.

The Championship kicks off on Sunday, May 2, when New York play Galway in Gaelic Park, New York.

London will play Roscommon in their opening game of the Championship in Ruislip on Sunday, May 30.

http://www.irishpost.co.uk/tabId/60/itemId/689/GAA-set-for-British-telly.aspx
Testing Accessibility

Catch the high ball

I just hit 433 on my Sky remote and nothing came up, does the channel still exsist?
GAA Board World Cup Sweepstake Winner 2010

John Martin

Quote from: Catch the high ball on June 06, 2010, 12:02:30 PM
I just hit 433 on my Sky remote and nothing came up, does the channel still exsist?

It still exists with me. It is showing armagh and Kerry matches today, with a repeat of the Mayo match following that.

maddog

Quote from: Catch the high ball on June 06, 2010, 12:02:30 PM

Are you on Sky or Virgin ?
433 - long may it continue

magpie seanie

I used to have them but don't have them any more. Possibly because I'm in ROI? Looks like Setanta aren't showing the full Sligo v. Mayo match again and the RTE player isn't working for me. Any advice on how I'd get the full game otherwise?

Catch the high ball

Are you on Sky or Virgin ?
433 - long may it continue
[/quote]
I'm on Sky, tried it there now and it still doesn't work. I have the basic Sky package, would that have any effect?

Fuzzman

Services - System setup and add channels.

Freq - 11488
Polar - V
SR    - 27/5
FEC  - 2/3

Find Channels
Highlight MSK & MSK Extra and press Yellow to Strore channels
Then select twice and all should be stored

To find them to watch then again go into Services
Other Channels
Select yer channel

Its not in the main menou as its a FTA channel like BBC3,4 & iTV 2,3 4 which also can all be added if you google the frequencies.

magpie seanie

Thanks Fuzzman. Had sussed that out myself eventually last night but thanks anyway for putting those details up. don't suppose anyone has any idea when the Sligo v. Mayo re run is on?

Catch the high ball

Cheers Fuzzman, worked a treat!

Catch the high ball

Quote from: magpie seanie on June 08, 2010, 10:55:12 AM
Thanks Fuzzman. Had sussed that out myself eventually last night but thanks anyway for putting those details up. don't suppose anyone has any idea when the Sligo v. Mayo re run is on?

Louth vs Kildare re-run at 3.45pm and Sligo vs Mayo re-run at 5.15pm

Fuzzman

Minder

I put those settings in last week and it was working grand when Dublin v Wexford was on live, now getting "there is a technical fault with this channel". Anyone elses still working?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Catch the high ball

Quote from: Minder on June 20, 2010, 11:38:40 AM
I put those settings in last week and it was working grand when Dublin v Wexford was on live, now getting "there is a technical fault with this channel". Anyone elses still working?

I have the exact same problem, don't know what the craic is with it.

Fuzzman could probably tell us whats wrong.