Poker Tournaments

Started by Ulster Exile, September 27, 2009, 07:45:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ulster Exile

Anyone know any poker tournaments that take place around Belfast?

ITS KAAAT

the waffler

Quote from: Ulster Exile on September 27, 2009, 07:45:13 PM
Anyone know any poker tournaments that take place around Belfast?
there are poker tournaments every night in bangor in the fortune poker rooms try looking it up tues night best value depends how much you want to play for there are also cash games

botman

Keep them at it.

haranguerer

theres ones in belfast itself - think i heard the manor (?) mentioned, and somewhere on the ormeau rd as well, pretty regularly from what i hear, mebbe someone knows more

ITS KAAAT

The shambles. Red 14 club its called.

ITS KAAAT

The shambles armagh. Red 14 club

dillinger

[/quote]there are poker tournaments every night in bangor in the fortune poker rooms try looking it up tues night best value depends how much you want to play for there are also cash games

Been there in Bangor, friendly card room. Not all high rollers, some nights £10 re-buy tourneys.

David McKeown

I used to play in regular tournaments in the bingo club there in Yorkgate.  It was great until the Cavendish closed and then it got flooded with a lot of big gamblers whod turn up with 500 quid for a £10 rebuy tournament and just call everything for the first hour.  Not sure if they are still going havent been in more than a year
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

dillinger

Quote from: David McKeown on October 01, 2009, 09:32:32 AM
I used to play in regular tournaments in the bingo club there in Yorkgate.  It was great until the Cavendish closed and then it got flooded with a lot of big gamblers whod turn up with 500 quid for a £10 rebuy tournament and just call everything for the first hour.  Not sure if they are still going havent been in more than a year

played at the cavendish, same thing. boys would call on anything with cash in their pockects knowing they could re-buy

take_yer_points

There used to be one in the Pavilion on the Ormeau Road every Monday night - dunno if its still on or not. There also used to be on in the Rosetta bar which isn't too far away from the Pavilion but I can't remember what night it was on.

And if you want to go just outside Belfast there used to be one in Robbie Cahouns on the way to Lisburn - I think it was a Wednesday or Thursday night.

The Worker

Anyone ever played in the fortune rooms in cookstown? are they any use?

illdecide

Fri 26th Feb @ 9:00 there is a Texas Holdem poker night in the Clan na Gael club rooms. £20 in with one optional re-buy for £10. anything lifted is paid out.

Anyone is welcome (except tony Fearon :D) if you're interested give me a PM and i'll give ya more details!!!

I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

winsamsoon

I'll be there anyway i'lldecide, was decent prize money the last time and the pints can be served till at least two in the morn.
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

illdecide

Quote from: winsamsoon on February 16, 2010, 01:33:33 PM
I'll be there anyway i'lldecide, was decent prize money the last time and the pints can be served till at least two in the morn.

Correct saan...there's not too many places paying out around £500 for 1st prize with a £20 entry not to mention the other four prizes...I think i'll have a few pints at this one too instead of being taxi man afterwards bringing people home ;)
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch