McEntee Twins retire from Club Football

Started by Master Yoda, September 23, 2009, 11:28:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Master Yoda

I would like to wish the McEntee twins the best of luck in their retirement from football.
I played against them a few times and would have great respect for them, they played the game the way it should be played, hard but fair.
Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering

Canalman

Are they dropping down a level or retiring completely?

Master Yoda

Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering

botman

I hate the way twins do everything together.
Keep them at it.

orangeman

Legends of the game. The medal haul in their house must be serious altogether.

They'll find retirement difficult I would imagine.

Hoof Hearted

they dont half deserve a rest all the same ! Along with McConville, would they have had 12 months rest from football an the last 14 years ?
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

rrhf

incredible careers.  The shoulders have been to the wheel a long time. 

ziggysego

Fantastic footballers. Enjoy a long earned rest.
Testing Accessibility

Rav67

Quote from: botman on September 23, 2009, 12:16:50 PM
I hate the way twins do everything together.
:D
+1
Does one of them make these types of decisions and the other just follows or what?

DownFanatic

I wouldn't be suprised if one or both of them make a u-turn sometime in the future.

Was just looking at their medal haul. Between club and county their winners medal tally was immense.

They also only ever lost two Senior Armagh SFC games. Mullaghbawn in '95 and Pearse Og in '09.

I just cant see them staying away from it all for too long.

Bensars

Quote from: orangeman on September 23, 2009, 12:41:44 PM
Legends of the game. The medal haul in their house must be serious altogether.

They'll find retirement difficult I would imagine.

Was thinking the same. i heard Oisin Mc conville on radio Ulster and i was under the impression that they ( the older members) were going to give it another go to reclaim the title next year

robertemmet

Two great lads, acheived a lot and great role models for the young lads arounnd Cross.

I took a youth team from our club down to play Cross (around 2000 and the Macs were in their prime at co level).

After the game was over, the Cross club had a spread of tea, soup and sambos on.  John Mac was one of the people handing out the food and when one of our players got injured during the game, he took him in his car to Cross health centre to get him checked out. 

It shows the pride they have in the club and what genuine Gaels they areally are.  They were stars of Cross and Armagh at that time, but still helped put out the tea and sandwiches. 

Wish them well in their retirement.

Minder

Friend lived near them at university, he said he saw a spide throw something at Mc Entees living room window, one of the Mc Entees came racing out and ran the spide down and gave him some pain.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Master Yoda

Quote from: robertemmet on September 23, 2009, 04:14:29 PM
Two great lads, acheived a lot and great role models for the young lads arounnd Cross.

I took a youth team from our club down to play Cross (around 2000 and the Macs were in their prime at co level).

After the game was over, the Cross club had a spread of tea, soup and sambos on.  John Mac was one of the people handing out the food and when one of our players got injured during the game, he took him in his car to Cross health centre to get him checked out. 

It shows the pride they have in the club and what genuine Gaels they areally are.  They were stars of Cross and Armagh at that time, but still helped put out the tea and sandwiches. 

Wish them well in their retirement.

Good story, shows you the type of lads they are.

SidelineKick

Sad that this day has come.  Two fantastic players, played the game in their own unique style and added so much to any team they played on.

Seem to be very down to earth fellas and have given me a lot of pleasure watching them over the years.  An inspiration to all young lad (and lassies ((have to stay PC))) around the country.

Wish them all the best and hopefully they'll reconsider come the brighter evenings next year and they are wondering what to do with themselves.  I wouldn't like the last game I ever seen them play to be the Ogs game.

All the best to them whatever they do.
"If you want to box, say you want to box and we'll box"

Reported.