Cliftonville 4 IFA/Linfield 0

Started by T Fearon, September 22, 2009, 11:07:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

T Fearon

Great result for the reds as they warm up for the visit of Celtic. ;D

PS Is IFA/Linfield's reign finished in spite of their sweetheart deal?

whiskeysteve

one northern ireland soccer team beats another. big deal.

hope they both go under
Somewhere, somehow, someone's going to pay: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPhISgw3I2w

stephenite

Are the Reds still forced to Windsor for these games?

LeoMc

Quote from: T Fearon on September 22, 2009, 11:54:17 AM
No, they have the pleasure of hammering IFA/Linfield at their own ground, Solitude, now. New floodlights in operation for the first time last night and the match was live on Sky as well so IFA/Linfield's embarrassment was exposed to a huge audience ;D

What sort of viewing figures is Sky getting for this borefest?

filthydog

Two - Willie Frazier and Tony  :D

Figures up since this match didn't coincide with this bigot's hate campaign against all Catholics.

Square Ball

Tony, was a Linfield player hit by something thrown at him after the 2nd goal? was flicking through and seen 5 minutes and thats what it seemed like to me, no doubt you will put me straight
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

full back

AFAIK it was Bailey who was struck by something that seemed to be thrown from the Cliftonville section

Bad form

Also worth mentioning that Tony's club-mate Mark Mc Allister was sent of for Linfield for a bad tackle. He was previously involved in a bit of an altercation with a steward

Im sure Tony will comment on the above ::)

botman

Quote from: T Fearon on September 22, 2009, 12:35:26 PM
I think young Mc Allister is venting his frustration at refusing a move to Celtic a few years ago, while his erstwhile Dungannon Swifts club mate, Niall Mc Ginn had the courage to move and is now in the first team.

The tolerance of the gaa family should also be noted as his affiliation with such an odious institution as IFA/Linfield is not even referred to at Portadown Tir Na Nog.

No I didn't see the game. I suffered the IFA Cup Final live last May and am not due any further torture in the form of watching Irish League football, live or on tv, for at least another decade
[/quote

Tony is it disappointing that he chose to play for Linfield given their supporters background in abuse and intimidation of the Catholic community? Some people have no spine and will take the soup given have a chance.

Keep them at it.

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: Square Ball on September 22, 2009, 12:01:59 PM
Tony, was a Linfield player hit by something thrown at him after the 2nd goal? was flicking through and seen 5 minutes and thats what it seemed like to me, no doubt you will put me straight

Aye he was hit by an invisible coin, or was it the loo roll that was fired at him hit the crossbar and he then fell down?
Tbc....

Doogie Browser

Some sc**bag def threw something from the crowd at baillie.  Strabane Sigerson's JP Gallagher played left back for Linfield too - another former Dungannon Swifts alumuni from the Joe McAree days.

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: botman on September 22, 2009, 01:39:42 PM
Quote from: T Fearon on September 22, 2009, 12:35:26 PM
I think young Mc Allister is venting his frustration at refusing a move to Celtic a few years ago, while his erstwhile Dungannon Swifts club mate, Niall Mc Ginn had the courage to move and is now in the first team.

The tolerance of the gaa family should also be noted as his affiliation with such an odious institution as IFA/Linfield is not even referred to at Portadown Tir Na Nog.

No I didn't see the game. I suffered the IFA Cup Final live last May and am not due any further torture in the form of watching Irish League football, live or on tv, for at least another decade
[/quote

Tony is it disappointing that he chose to play for Linfield given their supporters background in abuse and intimidation of the Catholic community? Some people have no spine and will take the soup given have a chance.

Good to say people take the adage that sport and politics don't mix, and play for whoever they want.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

peterquaife

sweet sufferin fcuk, Keith Gillespie zzz zzz

Doogie Browser

It was def the best local match on sky to date - but the result may have had something to do with that, Cliftonville played some great football.  I agree with PQ though Keith Gillespie's punditry is almost as good as his boxing skills.

Orior

Quote from: Doogie Browser on September 22, 2009, 03:04:35 PM
It was def the best local match on sky to date - but the result may have had something to do with that, Cliftonville played some great football.  I agree with PQ though Keith Gillespie's punditry is almost as good as his boxing skills.

The most embarrassing voice on TV/Radio is the boul Oisin. Sorry Oisin!
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians