Million Dollar Golf Shot

Started by The Real Laoislad, September 19, 2009, 12:27:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drumanee 1

The Real Laoislad

Got a hole in one once in Portlaoise golf club...Great feeling!
Nearly got one yesterday,the ball hit the pin and landed 8" from the hole,nearly missed the birdie putt I was shaking so much  :-\
You'll Never Walk Alone.

gawa316

EC Unique

Errigal Ciaran had a golf classic a couple of months ago where the local car dealer put up a new car for a hole in one on one of the power 3 holes. Closest was about 2 or 3 inches. Bet the car dealer had some sweat on that day :D

Drumanee 1

Quote from: EC Unique on September 19, 2009, 03:55:21 PM
Errigal Ciaran had a golf classic a couple of months ago where the local car dealer put up a new car for a hole in one on one of the power 3 holes. Closest was about 2 or 3 inches. Bet the car dealer had some sweat on that day :D

he would have been ok,cars for hole in ones at fundraising events are insured incase this happens,the dealer would have been hoping for a hole in one,cheap publicity.the gui (golf union of ireland)are clamping down on this as it is breaching armature rules.

Bogball XV

Quote from: Drumanee 1 on September 19, 2009, 04:05:07 PM

he would have been ok,cars for hole in ones at fundraising events are insured incase this happens,the dealer would have been hoping for a hole in one,cheap publicity.the gui (golf union of ireland)are clamping down on this as it is breaching armature rules.
yeah, was thinking they'd not be too happy with it.  How did this guy circumvent the rules?  If you're not a club member can they do anything anyway?
That green looked in pretty rag order too, ball took a wild hop at one stage.

Hound

Quote from: Bogball XV on September 20, 2009, 07:10:24 PM

yeah, was thinking they'd not be too happy with it.  How did this guy circumvent the rules?  If you're not a club member can they do anything anyway?
There's no rule against it. I played in a competition last week where there was a Volvo on offer for a hole-in-one. However, if you get the hole-in-one and accept the car, then you forfeit your amateur status (i.e. can never play in another amateur competition). I don't think most of us would need to think twice in such an event, though there are people who play 1 or 2 competitions every week at their local club, which might make it a difficult decision for them.

The Blegard

Another million bucks for the auld LDS church if the guy is from Provo
Ceol,Dole agus Ol

man in black

Quote from: Hound on September 21, 2009, 07:23:22 AM
Quote from: Bogball XV on September 20, 2009, 07:10:24 PM

There's no rule against it. I played in a competition last week where there was a Volvo on offer for a hole-in-one. However, if you get the hole-in-one and accept the car, then you forfeit your amateur status (i.e. can never play in another amateur competition). I don't think most of us would need to think twice in such an event, though there are people who play 1 or 2 competitions every week at their local club, which might make it a difficult decision for them.

If your get a hole in one and win a volvo you forfeit more than your amatuer status.  ;)

'Till things are brighter, I'm the Man In Black