Songs that remind you of something/someone

Started by maggie, September 19, 2009, 12:09:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

maggie

tried to find a thread on this topic but didn't come across one.

Heard 'Cats in the cradle' tonight for the first time in years and the song will forver remind me of a 'troubles' ad that was shown on tv in the 90s.

Also, 'Wake me up when September ends' reminds me of tyrone winning the all-ireland.  It was used in the rte montage of clips.

ziggysego

Hale & Pace - The Stonk. Was in the charts when I was in hospital in North London for a prolonged period of time in 1991
Testing Accessibility

ross4life

guru josh infinity 2009  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZuSM2rSUyw (the guy singing sounds like bono :o)

Reminds me of New Years night Berlin, standing in -11 trying to move my legs :P
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

leenie

it was 1992..... roxette it must have been love... my first disco and slow dance!

1t was august 1998... Greenvale s club 7 reach for the stars.... night of our GCSE results...
I'm trying to decide on a really meaningful message..

Tony Baloney

Most old songs remind me of a time and place. If you ever listen to the golden hour or wonder years on Radio 1, where you have to guess the year of a song surely the only way anyone can do it is by the song reminding them of a time or place.

The Thong Song always reminds me of upstairs in The Parlour drinking vodka and Red Bull. Tracks of my Tears reminds me of first year at Queen's drinking a carry out with a load of lads whilst listening to the Platoon soundtrack. Any trad Irish stuff reminds me of my granny as it's all she ever listened to. Anything from Definitely Maybe reminds me of sitting on a minibus in the Lake District in 1995. I remember jumping around to House of Pain in the Limelight, Fool's Gold reminds me of the Snack Bar disco when vodka and lime was our drink of choice. Things Can Only Get Better by D:ream reminds of a retreat at school where one of the boys referred to them as Dream. Anything from Appetite for Destruction reminds me of the album cover artwork on the wall of our art class in the late 80s.

Could go on all night!

mylestheslasher

Whenever I hear Tom Petty it remind me of an Uncle of mine that I was close to who died from a Brain Tumour when I was 15  or so. For no other reason that they look quite alike, Tom Petty and my Uncle. Jesus that is 17 years ago now.

Tyrones own

Anything by Smokie or Bagatelle reminds me of the Derrylaughan/Derrytresk men in their Twin cam Corollas and Celica's
doing burn outs around the Glenavon or Glengannon car parks on any given Saturday night complete with Dice and magic
tree's hanging from the mirror :) moments before the rows got going that is :P
Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann

muppet

Every Breath You Take

Mosney 83 or 84.

Bravely walked up to Breaffy Rounders player and asked her to dance.

She looked at me and sad 'wudya ever f*ck auff'.

Oh the memories.
MWWSI 2017

dillinger

the song bright eyes reminds me of an old flame anne. Hope my wife dosent read this! :D