oh to be heading off to dublin.....

Started by leenie, September 18, 2009, 01:03:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

leenie

just thinking about this time last yr (tho different date) and the excitement of getting ready to head down the road on the saturday....

washing jersey, getting clothes ready, checking i hadn't misplaced my ticket x 10, sorting out who's driving....  awwww

This year was a wake up call because before the semi's i had be talking about the weekend of the "all ireland"......

anyway to all that is going ........... enjoy!
I'm trying to decide on a really meaningful message..

Norf Tyrone

I know.... you can't become complacent about AIF day. It could be years until we're back.... you never know.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

naka

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on September 18, 2009, 01:38:40 PM
I know.... you can't become complacent about AIF day. It could be years until we're back.... you never know.
hopefully the tyronnies will never be back ;D
up the orchard on sunday

Rois

My biggest worry was whether the dry cleaner would have the red dress ready for me to bring down for the Citywest banquet (best night's craic in a long long time, even a year later), and how to get rid of two Lower Hogan s330 seats!

Well I've no complaints, and now I can enjoy my best mate's wedding without getting nervous or sneaking off in the early morn for a lift to Dublin.

longrunsthefox

Leenie-I had the same thoughts today myself. Is fantastic for the counties involved and the hype and colour and staying over and meeting all the people from home about the streets and hotels of Dublin on the Saturday night. Am going down on Sunday but not quite the same.
Especially enjoyed the victory banquets after Kerry games  :P
GOOD LUCK TO THE REBELS!

Farrandeelin

Ah cheer up Tyrone people. Hopefully a Cork/Mayo double would make my weekend...
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

maggie

was thinking the exact same Leenie.
how quickly a year goes-must be getting old.....

ziggysego

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on September 18, 2009, 01:38:40 PM

Pride comes a fall
Testing Accessibility

The Real Laoislad

Christ you would think ye have been there every year on All Ireland weekend for the past 20 years  ::)
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on September 19, 2009, 01:21:33 AM
Christ you would think ye have been there every year on All Ireland weekend for the past 20 years  ::)

4 in the last 6 up to this year... not bad.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

longrunsthefox

Tell us your experience of the weekend when Laois seniors were in the All Ireland final  ;)

rrhf

Aw last year was great craic altogether, left early so as to avoid the rush arrived at D4 hotel at 8 30AM, most I could get my hands on was a juice bar.  After the game drank to a stupor and never made it beyond the burlington despite a taxi booked for the citywest, sheer good life,  nothing compares to aifinal day.  Thats not for us this year, tis for the Cork and Kerry, Armagh and Mayo Gaels to enjoy the party, enjoy it like its your last lads and best of luck to all.   

Hereiam

Remember last year like it was yesterday. The sun was shining the pints were flowing and it was the place to be that day for any true Tyrone football fan. The first all ireland win in 2003 had been the best day of my life, jesus would love to re-live all over again. Stayed in dublin that nite will never forget the bits I do remember.  :) Hopefully it won't be long till we are there again.

ONeill

Christ you would think ye have been there every year on All Ireland weekend for the past 20 years

'95, 97, 98, 01, 03, 04, 05, 08. It gets infectious.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: longrunsthefox on September 19, 2009, 08:41:41 AM

Tell us your experience of the weekend when Laois seniors were in the All Ireland final  ;)

Well it was 1949 Laois v Tipperary and I was only a young man just out of short pants,As I had no car I took my high nelly bicycle.
There was no motorways then so I had to travel through all the towns and along the way,which was great as people in towns like Monesterevin wand Kill gave me warm milk straight from the Cow's tit and onion sandwiches.
I parked the high nelly outside Fitzgibbon Street Gardai station as even then the Dublin people had a bad name and your bike would be stolen otherwise.
I went for a nice warm bottle of stout in a publican house near Croke Park and then attended the game which we unfortunately lost.
I started to cycle home but got tired and slept in a hay barn just outside Naas.
You'll Never Walk Alone.