56 (62.9%)
Indifferent
18 (20.2%)

Total Members Voted: 89

Voting closed: September 17, 2009, 11:20:08 AM

deiseach

Quote from: muppet on September 10, 2009, 07:03:09 PM
Quote from: ludermor on September 10, 2009, 04:27:41 PM
Can anyone rememeber a similar quote from an irish lad interviewed on sky before some game? Think they asked him if he would ever support england and he said he would , if they were playing roscommon ( think he was from galway, though there is a good chance im making this up)

I remember that also and I think he was wearing a Tommy Varden jersey.

It was some Tipperary lad saying that he would cheer for them if they were playing Kilkenny. Or was it a Kilkenny lad saying he'd cheer for them if they were playing Tipp? In truth, it's surely an urban legend.

ludermor

Quote from: deiseach on September 11, 2009, 08:51:39 AM
Quote from: muppet on September 10, 2009, 07:03:09 PM
Quote from: ludermor on September 10, 2009, 04:27:41 PM
Can anyone rememeber a similar quote from an irish lad interviewed on sky before some game? Think they asked him if he would ever support england and he said he would , if they were playing roscommon ( think he was from galway, though there is a good chance im making this up)

I remember that also and I think he was wearing a Tommy Varden jersey.

It was some Tipperary lad saying that he would cheer for them if they were playing Kilkenny. Or was it a Kilkenny lad saying he'd cheer for them if they were playing Tipp? In truth, it's surely an urban legend.
I was sure i seen it myself but i have a habit of fooling myself sometimes

orangeman

EC Unique

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on September 10, 2009, 07:17:33 PM
Quote from: EC Unique on September 10, 2009, 06:09:20 PM
As far as watching matches goes England provide a much better spectacle that Ireland do with their style of football. Ireland are brutal to watch and 90 mins is a chore.

Still hope England get to the latter stages to build their hopes up and them fall with an almighty bang ;D

Why bother watching so? Can you not just find out the result after the match is over?

Usually when Ireland are playing there are other matches on as well on other channels. I start off watching the Ireland game and flick over now and again to see how the others are going. By the end I am watching one of the other games and flick over now and again to see how Ireland are going!

They are a bore fest!! But they are our bore fest :D :D

Main Street

I´m surprised that a supporter of a club would not wish a club player success in international representation.

I can't say it makes any difference at all to my life what England do in football. I'm more curious to see how their coach gets the best out the team and probably would be very curious to see how they cope at the WC.
International football only really takes shape at a Finals tournament.
Generally a neutral roots for underdogs or is partial towards a style of football.
A team like Germany would not traditionally attract the neutrals, nevertheless  I find their regular supporters to be humourously self depreciating and not reflective of the stereotypical image.