Derren Brown - UK Lotto

Started by Shortso79, September 09, 2009, 10:47:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

David McKeown

Sorry when I say all combinations I mean the bit where he turns the numbers round that 3/4 second part
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

rosnarun

Quote from: Galwaybhoy on September 10, 2009, 11:06:18 PM
If its as easy as that it will be a huge letdown, as I said you don't need to be a skilled illusionist to do that sort of thing.

maybe it is maybe it isnt but it could be ans stage magicians are not in the business of making a trick hardwe than they have to.
there a reason charlatan and mountebanks got a bad name
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

David McKeown

Just after he walks away from the balls about a minute into the show is it my imagination or does he nod towards the camera, having watched it again I think there is possibly a three way split screen operation in effect.

rosnarun

Quote from: David McKeown on September 10, 2009, 11:54:51 PM
Just after he walks away from the balls about a minute into the show is it my imagination or does he nod towards the camera, having watched it again I think there is possibly a three way split screen operation in effect.
quiet possibly evey thing bar the number on the ball being pre recorded

ludermor

The man is into and has made his name from doing illusions and playing with peoples mind, while i think camera tricks are the most likely solution ( just cause i cant figure out how he could have done it!!!) i doubt he would have used camera tricks, it just wouldnt have the wow factor after.

botman

I figured it out.

He had an highly sophisticated and well trained army of Ants. The Ants went through a fairly intensive warm weather, high altitude training camp in Spain to asses fitness and mental agility. The six best were then chosen and inserted in to the balls. When numbers were drawn they quickly etched the numbers from inside the ping pong balls.

Unfortunately due to oxygen constraints they never made it out alive and died inside the balls. Each ant was promised 40 virgin Ant queens each in Ant heaven.

Suicide Ants[/size][/color]

Keep them at it.

leenie

I'm trying to decide on a really meaningful message..

David McKeown

If Brown used the wisdom of crowds to figure out each number as it came out then why didnt he display them in the order they came out, that would have been even more impressive.

Madge

Missed the show, so how did he do it?

D4S

Watching david blaine here he is a seriously cool guy wit unbelievable talent...derren brown is a con man in my opinion!!    Watching david blaine he absolutely astounds you with his tricks!  Unbelievably talented!!!
The secret of success in life is for a man to be ready for his opportunity when it comes.

gawa316

Quote from: D4S on September 11, 2009, 10:51:13 PM
Watching david blaine here he is a seriously cool guy wit unbelievable talent...derren brown is a con man in my opinion!!    Watching david blaine he absolutely astounds you with his tricks!  Unbelievably talented!!!

Just watched it there. Love his street magic cause everytime it has me say, 'What the f**k, how'd he do that?!'

What about the one with the matches...unbelieveable

Galwaybhoy

Quote from: Madge on September 11, 2009, 10:45:46 PM
Missed the show, so how did he do it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=blKQ_WtofNE

Just after seeing it there on YouTube.  Why couldn't he just have the crowd in front of him the other night, why did he have them in a different room.

rosnarun

Quote from: ludermor on September 11, 2009, 08:56:22 AM
The man is into and has made his name from doing illusions and playing with peoples mind, while i think camera tricks are the most likely solution ( just cause i cant figure out how he could have done it!!!) i doubt he would have used camera tricks, it just wouldnt have the wow factor after.
luder your not brediting the man with any compuntion about lying he is a tv magician thats what they do .
and he definetly doesnt have any great insught into the future .
he didn't know he was gay till he was 37 wheras the rest of the world knew as soon as he opened his mouth

Main Street

I just saw that youtube clip.

No transparency at all, no witness, no independent photograph of the balls selected and you can't trust the program set up, at all.

Wisdom of the crowd to predict lottery nrs. ???
Worth examination, if there was the important element of transparency.
More like the the gullibility of the crowd believing that it was possible to predict, makes it appear real.