Peter McKenna

Started by Jinxy, September 09, 2009, 12:39:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bud Wiser

AFS, I am banjaxed tired and I will have a read of that tomorrow but I get the gist of it. In the case of the kids that were killed regarding the link I provided above that is exacty what happened, someone was telling them to go upstairs while someone else was telling them to go down.  However, in the case of Croke Park an emergency would not arise, its a different scenario because it can be avoided before it starts and supporters running onto the pitch is a danger more than an emergency.
" Laois ? You can't drink pints of Guinness and talk sh*te in a pub, and play football the next day"

mountainboii

Yeah, just though it was interesting that studies show that people much more cooperative and orderly in crowd situations than some in this debate would have you believe.

Bud Wiser

Quote from: AFS on September 15, 2009, 11:05:15 PM
Yeah, just though it was interesting that studies show that people much more cooperative and orderly in crowd situations than some in this debate would have you believe.
Well if some of the ones that ran on the pitch for the AIHF had been co-operative and orderly they would have first of all obeyed the safety instruction and secondly they would not have snapped flags from 12yr old girls that were ready to do their little bit and broken them. The adrenalin and excitement that does be in some supporters when a final whistle blows is not associated with co-operation and orderly behaviour, if it was then supporters would be able to walk onto the pitch without creating a danger which they currently can not do.  And, also, Mr. McKenna is a very nice man !
" Laois ? You can't drink pints of Guinness and talk sh*te in a pub, and play football the next day"

stephenite

I may have missed it - but is there direct evidence linking that poor man's death to poor crowd control?

ballinaman

Quote from: Bud Wiser on September 15, 2009, 11:29:08 PM
Quote from: AFS on September 15, 2009, 11:05:15 PM
Well if some of the ones that ran on the pitch for the AIHF had been co-operative and orderly they would have first of all obeyed the safety instruction and secondly they would not have snapped flags from 12yr old girls that were ready to do their little bit and broken them. The adrenalin and excitement that does be in some supporters when a final whistle blows is not associated with co-operation and orderly behaviour, if it was then supporters would be able to walk onto the pitch without creating a danger which they currently can not do.  And, also, Mr. McKenna is a very nice man !

Mr. McKenna.....are you Bud Wiser by any chance???? Fair play from taking the time out to post messages on gaaboard!!

Bud Wiser

No, not at all ballinaman I am not Mr. Mckenna at all.  ;)

I just think he is the best thing since sliced bread though the way he has put Croke Park on the map.  U2 concerts, letting us watch the Brit Rugby team getting bate, a little bit of soccer and crowds after crowds turning up to see our sacred field and all the while, at least up to last year the safes were bulging down under the Hogan stand with 27 Million Euro that was distributed nationally for the betterment of our sport.

Not everything is perfect, nor everyone, including myself but as far as Croke Park is concerned it is something I am immensely proud of. The bar coded ticket system for example to stop myself and Mr Fearon from getting in free is working, the touts are less prominent, and all the while they are looking to improve the situation. So when Peter McKenna, and not just Peter McKenna but the Croke Park Management Committee decided for safety reasons to make a change to the presentation format you would think from some of the reaction in the papers and on here that the loosing team were going to be lined up against a wall and shot.  If there is to be supporters on the pitch, (apart from theskull1 or whatever poster who suggested people stay in their seats) there has not been one suggestion as to how to make the thing more safer than it is from anyonne. People differ but I still say that the current way of supporters getting on the pitch is dangerous, not to those going on but to those who do not want to go on.  Apart from all that Mr McKenna is a very nice man !

stephenite

Quote from: Bud Wiser on September 16, 2009, 08:48:02 AM
You may also have missed it, which doesn't surprise me, where I said I have nothing further to say on the mans death and the reason I have nothing more to say about it should be very clear to even you but in case it isn't I will explain to you for the last time. Firstly, there are very very few people posting on the forums on this board who have disresepct for anyone.  You can see the good nature of many of the posters if you go back through all of the R.I.P. threads or where prayers were asked in certain cases.

Thanks for that Bud - I did miss where you said that.

You bought it up in a thread that was mainly about crowd control, I just wanted to clarify if the this unfortunate incident was related to poor crowd control.

SLIGONIAN

Quote from: Bud Wiser on September 16, 2009, 08:48:02 AM
QuoteI may have missed it - but is there direct evidence linking that poor man's death to poor crowd control?
You may also have missed it, which doesn't surprise me, where I said I have nothing further to say on the mans death and the reason I have nothing more to say about it should be very clear to even you but in case it isn't I will explain to you for the last time. Firstly, there are very very few people posting on the forums on this board who have disresepct for anyone.  You can see the good nature of many of the posters if you go back through all of the R.I.P. threads or where prayers were asked in certain cases.  Then you have low life preaching about morals and respect one day and doing the opposite the next.  Look at the post below from Sligonian who goes to the matches with his daddy for example, and these people question my respect. ?    Now, while I made the post about the unfortunate mans death, and I sympathise with his family and friends in the most heartfelt way, if you think, or anyone else thinks I am getting into a discussion with these type of people who talk about respect then you are missing a lot more than you think you are.  I have no further comment whatsoever to make on the mans death and when I have to explain that to the likes of Sligonian who made the post below on another thread you will see why, if you are not missing anything.   

QuoteLubricants are synomous with a*se f*cking which is wide spread amoung gays I hear, it is spreading to women too though, if you have to use lube it usually a good sign of wheres she likely to take it . The pu**y is self lubricating with women but with trannies it doesnt so they use loads for both holes i hear .

There is no place for this type of post where young fellas and girls are going through the forums linked by GAA Discussion and the ones who make them are in no position to start lecturing about respect.
I backed you up on the hurling thread because I believe its a great game, and I disagree with you on here, I also disagree with your approach to making your point. Explain to me how I disrespected you.

Now the above post is clearly an attempt to incite me and assinate my character, Ive made over 1600 posts on yr in 4 or 5 yrs most on GAA Discussion and local GAA discussion. You pick out 1.

You looked through all my posts and looked at How Gay are you thread, you then decided to take it out of context, not bother mentioning the thread title was convenient, also thats it was about 2 yrs ago, hopefully ived matured a bit since and also if you look back about a couple of posts I elaborated on what someone said about lubricants but ya its probably a bit much what I said. Also it was in the GENERAL DISCUSSION section. Youve decided to post it here because you care about youngfellas and girls reading that post, you clearly have a lot of respect for them posting it again. Why post it again so they can see it so? On a thread there more likely to look at..

Also you say"look at the post below from sligonian who goes to matches with his Daddy for example , these people question my respect?" THESE PEOPLE, did my Dad question your respect? Also what does my relationship with my Dad have to do with anything on this thread or anything ive said. Absolutely no relevance, Ive already asked why on a previous post on here why you said this. I did post a thread recently about my Dad, maybe you should look at it...

http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=13507.0

Also I really cant understand why your  having a go at me only, several posters were of my opinion in fairness, saying the same. Im at a loss to be honest. I think your being extremely devious and evil in your last 2 posts, there is bitterness and vindictiveness in your actions of mentioning my relationship with my Dad in slagging off and belittling it, and also going to the trouble of looking at a post I wrote a couple of yrs ago is poor form especially not mentioning the topic name a previous post also negates your argument you posting it if you so worried about kids seeing it.

Your post
"I didn't see it at all, got a frigging phone call to go out but just caught the very end of RTE signing off and from what I could see it was ok. There is a big difference though when it is AIF day and say the Dubs were to win and you don't want to go on the field and you are trying to make your way up steps while there are hundreds coming down on top of you. I don't think anyone including the heads of Croke Park are worried about yesterdays events.

Sligonian, did you have Daddy with you again, " I was with Daddy and daddy told me" "Me and daddy" "I said to daddy that" .......

Can you please for the kids sake delete your 2nd last post.

"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

Bud Wiser

I have deleted a copy of your post that was in my second last post.  I was totally unaware of the details outlined in the link you provided.  I am sure you have removed your original post that I copied as well and I am also sure, or at least I would hope, that you retract and remove your comments that say I am "evil" and "devious" because evil or devious I am not, defensive maybe, evil? devious? 

QuoteAlso I really cant understand why your  having a go at me only,
I am not having a go at you only, I am having a go at anyone you would even dare to suggest what was alleged about me using the tragedy that happened on the night of the Kilkenny teams homecoming, and, apart from the scurrilous remarks that were made, and supported by you, there is nobody on this discussion board qualified to make them about me, not least the ones who started this debate about morality. The post has been removed and I never meant any offense to your Dad whatsoever.

Armamike

I haven't read through all the posts on this thread but whether you agree or not with supporters getting on the pitch, McKenna's threat to put up fencing is bad form and a big misjudgement on his part. That's something that he'll never get away with. Fencing to control crowds at sporting events is going back to the dark ages.
That's just, like your opinion man.

orangeman

Quote from: Armamike on September 16, 2009, 10:45:19 PM
I haven't read through all the posts on this thread but whether you agree or not with supporters getting on the pitch, McKenna's threat to put up fencing is bad form and a big misjudgement on his part. That's something that he'll never get away with. Fencing to control crowds at sporting events is going back to the dark ages.

Putting up fences is not an option - this was talked about in the immeidate aftermath of the hurling final - it was an over reaction.

orangeman

The GAA has confirmed that the post-match presentation following Sunday's GAA Football All-Ireland Senior Championship Final will take place in the Hogan Stand.

The Association has urged all patrons to remain off the field at the end of the game in the interest of the health and safety of players, officials, stewards and spectators.

It remains to be seen whether fans take heed of the warning that, if supporters continue to pour onto the pitch in such volumes at the conclusion of a game, it could one day lead to a tragic incident.

The minor presentation will take place on the field of play, affording the winning team the opportunity to complete a lap of honour.

SLIGONIAN

Quote from: Bud Wiser on September 16, 2009, 08:43:47 PM
I have deleted a copy of your post that was in my second last post.  I was totally unaware of the details outlined in the link you provided.  I am sure you have removed your original post that I copied as well and I am also sure, or at least I would hope, that you retract and remove your comments that say I am "evil" and "devious" because evil or devious I am not, defensive maybe, evil? devious? 

QuoteAlso I really cant understand why your  having a go at me only,
I am not having a go at you only, I am having a go at anyone you would even dare to suggest what was alleged about me using the tragedy that happened on the night of the Kilkenny teams homecoming, and, apart from the scurrilous remarks that were made, and supported by you, there is nobody on this discussion board qualified to make them about me, not least the ones who started this debate about morality. The post has been removed and I never meant any offense to your Dad whatsoever.

Still doesnt explain why you brought my Dad into it, I mean youve totally neglected me questioning that. I do take offence to people taking the piss and making an irrelevant belittlement of my Relationship with my Dad. Maybe Im sensitiive at this time but I just dont get it thus me questioning it. Again answer me that. Why did you bring it up into a disagreement about pitch invasions on croke park? What exactly were you trying to acheve if as you said it wasnt to cause offence? You did to both of us.

Also why did you bring up a post from 2 yrs ago. Is it relevant to this disagreement? What would you call the type of person that does that, searching through all my messages to find a bad one. Also the fact you took out of context, plus the fact you didnt post the thread heading. Devious? I think it was. Lets not forget you posted it on a gaa thread so kids or young people that didnt see the first may have this time negating your point about respect for what they see. A bit hypocritical that is.

Considering your post and your lack of apology I certainly dont take it back, SAYING YOU DIDNT MEAN TO CAUSE OFFENCE ISNT A APOLOGY. You are what you are even if you cant see it yourself.

I havent posted on here much, just pretty much agreeing with other lads point of view and I stand by my point of view. There is no relevance to KK city and Croke park in terms of crowd control. You have an agenda to stop pitch invasions and you will use every event or negative sitaution and bring it into the croke park argument so you feel right. But you are wrong IMO. And wrong to use events elsewhere as a point, to me thats opportunist and certainly I wouldnt use it as I dont believe its appropriate. Crowd control is specific to the location. KK city isnt a pitch and croke park wont have a bus driving through the crowd id assume so completely different demographics. This is hardly an attack on you is it. It is a disagreement.
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

Bud Wiser

QuotePutting up fences is not an option - this was talked about in the immeidate aftermath of the hurling final - it was an over reaction.

I don't think the fences of the type they had before would conform with Health & Safety and for that reason I don't think the collapsable fence they mentioned would work. Basicly what I am saying is that if one type fence does not conform, neither will the other because when do you collapse it? The person in charge of the button would have a fair ould responsibility and apart from that the cost would pay for a new clubhouse and astro pitch soemwhere.  The answer then seems to be that people stay in their seats and not go up the steps to the exits until those coming doiwn to go on the pitch have done so.

mountainboii

note: No grannies were harmed in the making of this picture.