Started by Donnellys Hollow, September 08, 2009, 05:44:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stew

Quote from: muppet on September 09, 2009, 09:50:53 PM
Quote from: The Real Laoislad on September 09, 2009, 09:46:19 PM
Quote from: muppet on September 09, 2009, 09:43:26 PM
Quote from: The Real Laoislad on September 09, 2009, 09:42:30 PM
Quote from: muppet on September 09, 2009, 09:41:34 PM
Giles, McGrath & Best combined don't have his CV.

McGrath & Best missed enough matches to make a career for some players. One destroyed his own career and the other was a walking miracle for Ireland, but Ireland won nothing.

If thats the case John O'Shea must be the 2nd greatest ever  ::)

Why because some else doesn't view Keane the way you do?

If your going on the fact that Keane is the greatest by his cv of winning medals with a club team then you must think O'Shea is the 2nd greatest Irish soccer player ever? Would that be correct?

I pointed out that his CV was better than Giles', better than Best's and better than McGrath's all who were let go by the same successful club while all with good years ahead of them.

If you had any cop on you would have suggested Ronnie Whelan or even Denis Irwin as a reasonable counter argument against my point on CVs but then argument is not what you are about, it is your hatred of anything to do with Roy Keane.

Forget CV's, McGrath, Giles and Best were more important players to their Country than Keane, it might have been different but for the fact that keane created a situation on the eve of the world cup and by behaving like the ballix he is got himself sent home by his manager, who btw had the backing of the entire squad of players.

McGrath for example played through pain for his country, he was brilliant even on dodgy knees, was as used to the professionalism of United as Keane was and even though he was subjected to the same ineptitude of the FAI was man enough to represent his country as befiting a professional footballer, pity Keane couldnt have done the same and ironed things out AFTER the fecking WC.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

muppet

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on September 09, 2009, 09:58:39 PM

McGrath & Best missed enough matches to make a career for some players. One destroyed his own career and the other was a walking miracle for Ireland, but Ireland won nothing.

If your going on the fact that Keane is the greatest by his cv of winning medals with a club team then you must think O'Shea is the 2nd greatest Irish soccer player ever? Would that be correct?

I pointed out that his CV was better than Giles', better than Best's and better than McGrath's all who were let go by the same successful club while all with good years ahead of them.

If you had any cop on you would have suggested Ronnie Whelan or even Denis Irwin as a reasonable counter argument against my point on CVs but then argument is not what you are about, it is your hatred of anything to do with Roy Keane.

If I had any cop on  ::) You do love yourself sometimes don't you... ::)

I certainly don't hate the man,I think he was wrong in Saipan and was one of the best footballers ever to come out of this country,but he let himself and his country down to many times to be considered one of Irelands greatest ever sportsmen..
Or are you just incapable of seeing any wrong in him.
In my opinion there has been no greater player for Ireland than Paul McGrath..
His performance against Italy in USA'94 is the greatest by any player ever to play for Ireland,and while injury and the bottle ruined what could have made him into the best player in his position in the World I believe there has been no greater servant to the Irish team..
But thats my opinion maybe you don't like someone not picking the lord almighty Keano

btw O'Shea has just as many medals as Whelan or Irwin

You still rubbish this with John O'Shea. He has never been a starter. Do you think that is a bit different from being Captain of a dominating team like Whelan or Keane.

Where did I say Keane did no wrong? The anti-Keano brigade always seem to resort to straw man arguments.

Keane had his faults and they were highly visable but he was still Ireland's best ever footballer. The flaws of the others seem to be ignored entirely.

So did Sonia, who was my nomination, for example she wanted to run for Australia and there are muppets who castigated her for something about a flag. But to me she still would be my pick.
MWWSI 2017

muppet

Quote from: stew on September 09, 2009, 10:05:37 PM

Forget CV's, McGrath, Giles and Best were more important players to their Country than Keane, it might have been different but for the fact that keane created a situation on the eve of the world cup and by behaving like the ballix he is got himself sent home by his manager, who btw had the backing of the entire squad of players.

McGrath for example played through pain for his country, he was brilliant even on dodgy knees, was as used to the professionalism of United as Keane was and even though he was subjected to the same ineptitude of the FAI was man enough to represent his country as befiting a professional footballer, pity Keane couldnt have done the same and ironed things out AFTER the fecking WC.

Stew, McGrath went on the piss missing an Ireland match and woke up in Israel. Read his book.
MWWSI 2017

stew

Quote from: muppet on September 09, 2009, 09:31:03 PM
Quote from: stew on September 09, 2009, 09:19:44 PM
Quote from: Galwaybhoy on September 09, 2009, 09:14:30 PM
Quote from: stew on September 09, 2009, 09:09:46 PM
Quote from: WeAreBlueWeAreWhite on September 09, 2009, 03:32:35 PM
he walked out then when he had his little sulk he decided to come back and tell his boss what he thought of him and was then rightly sent home but was asked back but refused he is a w**k stain of the highest order

C'mon now, there is no need for that sort of thing. Roy did feck all wrong and shure it was all that english cnuts fault not Roys, Roy is like Chuck Norris, there is nothing he can do wrong. (in the eys of some muppets)

And in the eyes of others he is Satan himself who went and ended another players career which is not true.  Not condoning that tackle, it deserved a long suspension but some people like to ignore the facts.

He deserved to go to jail for that tackle on Alf, it was premeditated thuggery and did in fact end his career, he did come back but was unable to come close to the level of play he needed to and the injury effectively ended his career.

Saipan was not all Keanes fault, he had valid points however he let himself, his team and every supporter down and he effectively killed morale single handedly on the eve of the world cup, that takes some doing.

You are light on facts there again stew. Haaland retired because of injury to his other knee but hey when you hate some one so much what has truth got to do with it.

Both knees were fecked, he was never the same player after Keano jobbed him in the cowardly way he did.

stew

Quote from: muppet on September 09, 2009, 10:09:28 PM

I certainly don't hate the man,I think he was wrong in Saipan and was one of the best footballers ever to come out of this country,but he let himself and his country down to many times to be considered one of Irelands greatest ever sportsmen..
His performance against Italy in USA'94 is the greatest by any player ever to play for Ireland,and while injury and the bottle ruined what could have made him into the best player in his position in the World I believe there has been no greater servant to the Irish team..
But thats my opinion maybe you don't like someone not picking the lord almighty Keano

You still rubbish this with John O'Shea. He has never been a starter. Do you think that is a bit different from being Captain of a dominating team like Whelan or Keane.

Where did I say Keane did no wrong? The anti-Keano brigade always seem to resort to straw man arguments.

Keane had his faults and they were highly visable but he was still Ireland's best ever footballer. The flaws of the others seem to be ignored entirely.

So did Sonia, who was my nomination, for example she wanted to run for Australia and there are muppets who castigated her for something about a flag. But to me she still would be my pick.

O'Shea cannot be compared to Keane as a player. Giles was better and so was McGrath. McGrath was magnificent for Ireland in every big game he ever played for them., especially in beating Italy, that was as good a performance as you will ever see from any player, anywhere.

muppet

Quote from: stew on September 09, 2009, 10:11:39 PM
Quote from: muppet on September 09, 2009, 09:31:03 PM
Quote from: stew on September 09, 2009, 09:19:44 PM
Quote from: Galwaybhoy on September 09, 2009, 09:14:30 PM
Quote from: stew on September 09, 2009, 09:09:46 PM
Quote from: WeAreBlueWeAreWhite on September 09, 2009, 03:32:35 PM
he walked out then when he had his little sulk he decided to come back and tell his boss what he thought of him and was then rightly sent home but was asked back but refused he is a w**k stain of the highest order

C'mon now, there is no need for that sort of thing. Roy did feck all wrong and shure it was all that english cnuts fault not Roys, Roy is like Chuck Norris, there is nothing he can do wrong. (in the eys of some muppets)

And in the eyes of others he is Satan himself who went and ended another players career which is not true.  Not condoning that tackle, it deserved a long suspension but some people like to ignore the facts.

He deserved to go to jail for that tackle on Alf, it was premeditated thuggery and did in fact end his career, he did come back but was unable to come close to the level of play he needed to and the injury effectively ended his career.

Saipan was not all Keanes fault, he had valid points however he let himself, his team and every supporter down and he effectively killed morale single handedly on the eve of the world cup, that takes some doing.

You are light on facts there again stew. Haaland retired because of injury to his other knee but hey when you hate some one so much what has truth got to do with it.

Both knees were fecked, he was never the same player after Keano jobbed him in the cowardly way he did.

No one is denying it was a terrible tackle and no one denies it deserved to be punished. But he retired because of the left knee. Keane hit the right knee.
MWWSI 2017

The Real Laoislad

I really couldn't give a fiddlers who your pick is to be quite honest with you..
I certainly wouldn't pick O'Sullivan though  ;)
And I wouldn't have Keane in my top 4 of Ireland's greatest footballers but of course that means I'm anti-keano etc etc etc blah blah blah you sound like a fecking sciencetologist,if anyone dare not worship at  Church of Keano they must be all anti this and full of hate for that,change the record ffs your as bad as what you make us "anti-keanos" out to be

You'll Never Walk Alone.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: stew on September 09, 2009, 10:15:17 PM

O'Shea cannot be compared to Keane as a player. Giles was better and so was McGrath. McGrath was magnificent for Ireland in every big game he ever played for them., especially in beating Italy, that was as good a performance as you will ever see from any player, anywhere.

Best I have ever seen anyway..
Gerrard in the 05 CL Final was the closet and Keane against Juventus in a semi final CL was also excellent,but I have never seen a performance as good as McGrath that day
You'll Never Walk Alone.

muppet

Laoislad some people have nominated Keane. You are the one attacking their opinions. You have done so since youhave been on this board.

To say you are not anti-Keane is hysterical, like Tony Fearon saying he loves OWC.
MWWSI 2017

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: muppet on September 09, 2009, 10:27:44 PM
Laoislad some people have nominated Keane. You are the one attacking their opinions. You have done so since youhave been on this board.

To say you are not anti-Keane is hysterical is like Tony Fearon saying he loves OWC.

Im not anti anyone I am a lover not a fighter!
I dislike him yes but I admire him for the footballer he was,but I feel he let his country down badly and for that I don't think he should be anywhere near Irelands greatest sportsmen.
I also believe their are muppets(pardon the pun) who can see no wrong whatsoever in him and will defend his honour(like he gives a f**k)with every ounce of energy and they are just as annoying as what you make the other half out to be
You'll Never Walk Alone.

The Real Laoislad

btw don't ever compare me to Tony Fearon again,that just makes me feel dirty and not in a good way
You'll Never Walk Alone.

muppet

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on September 09, 2009, 10:32:20 PM

To say you are not anti-Keane is hysterical is like Tony Fearon saying he loves OWC.

I dislike him yes but I admire him for the footballer he was,but I feel he let his country down badly and for that I don't think he should be anywhere near Irelands greatest sportsmen.
I also believe their are muppets(pardon the pun) who can see no wrong whatsoever in him and will defend his honour(like he gives a f**k)with every ounce of energy and they are just as annoying as what you make the other half out to be

Nah, I just think he was Ireland's best player. I'm sure he had to go to confessions once a month like every one else.
MWWSI 2017

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: muppet on September 09, 2009, 10:38:00 PM

Nah, I just think he was Ireland's best player. I'm sure he had to go to confessions once a month like every one else.

Fair enough...I don't though
Goodnight
You'll Never Walk Alone.

muppet

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on September 09, 2009, 10:41:48 PM
Quote from: muppet on September 09, 2009, 10:38:00 PM

Fair enough...I don't though
Goodnight

Oíche mhaith

p.s. sorry about the Fearon reference.
MWWSI 2017

stew

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on September 09, 2009, 10:37:29 PM
btw don't ever compare me to Tony Fearon again,that just makes me feel dirty and not in a good way

C'mon laois, I could see you and the fearonator hitting it off. :o