Wind up the Nordies

Started by longrunsthefox, September 07, 2009, 01:19:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

man in black

Quote from: Billys Boots on September 08, 2009, 11:21:29 AM
QuoteThe country most responsible for feeding/educating/employing/bettering you lot is England.

Wrong, wrong, wrong and wrong.  That's some record.

QuoteIts the language you speak and the culture you most closely resemble/follow (usually 15 years behind).

I think, if you were interested in becoming acquainted with facts, rather than feeding your particular bigotry, that you are referring to a media creation, which is confined to a small corner of Dublin.  If you travelled with your county team around the country to matches, I think you'd find something very different. 

QuoteIrishness is alive and well in the 6 counties if you had the ballix to come up and look.

I'm well aware of what is happening in the 6-counties, I spend lots of time there, but thanks for the information.

I do follow my county but its usually to Croke Park as thats where the latter stages of the All Ireland tends to be fought out. And what do we see when we go to Croke Park - yeah Oireland at its finest :D
'Till things are brighter, I'm the Man In Black

Billys Boots

You see the goodtimers in Croke Park; true Irish people go to Páirc Séan Mac Diarmada, Dr Cullen Park, Markievicz Park
and Brewster Park.  True Irish people go to National League and Club matches; those steeped in British culture tend to wait for the 'latter stages'. 
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

man in black

Quote from: Billys Boots on September 08, 2009, 11:34:45 AM
You see the goodtimers in Croke Park; true Irish people go to Páirc Séan Mac Diarmada, Dr Cullen Park, Markievicz Park
and Brewster Park.  True Irish people go to National League and Club matches; those steeped in British culture tend to wait for the 'latter stages'.

Ive no intention of going to these places. Ive got kids to take to the match, dont want some slitty eyed priest in some god awful backwater eyeying them up. "True Irish people" - dont make me heave. Its gas that those who claim this dubious title are the first to call their northern neighbours British. If we ever do move towards a united Ireland it may as well all be under Brit rule as you dont seem to be able to run a piss up in brewery.

cynic

"And anyway Ian, there I was, driving past Prince of Wales terrace, bless him, on my way to ORRTE, when this fellow called me say they wanted me to do a show on Gaelic games ..."

Billys Boots

You can give it but you can't take it; you don't seem to be able to respond to anything without ill-informed bigotry and racism, so I'll leave you at it.  Get a room with cynic, you seem to be well met. 

WeAreBlueWeAreWhite

what do you mean should mayo and laois be considered counties?
AND A BOTTLE OF RITZ FOR ME LAC

man in black

Quote from: Billys Boots on September 08, 2009, 11:47:10 AM
You can give it but you can't take it; you don't seem to be able to respond to anything without ill-informed bigotry and racism, so I'll leave you at it.  Get a room with cynic, you seem to be well met.

Me thinks its you that cant take it Billy. What is it, did the priest not close his eyes when he kissed you ?

man in black

Quote from: WeAreBlueWeAreWhite on September 08, 2009, 11:49:04 AM
what do you mean should mayo and laois be considered counties?

Because they are sort of pointless entities.

WeAreBlueWeAreWhite

I dunno maybe they are I don't know much about either county to be honest. What a strange comment to make!

man in black

Quote from: WeAreBlueWeAreWhite on September 08, 2009, 11:58:01 AM
I dunno maybe they are I don't know much about either county to be honest. What a strange comment to make!

Their claim to fame is emigration and being the last county in Ireland to be rid of plague.

Billys Boots

Ah I see, you're trying to get banned as a badge of honour.  Your children must be proud.

man in black

WeAreBlueWeAreWhite

Why are you telling me this,? Your making a bit of a tit of yourself has Billy Boots beaten you down!!!

man in black

Quote from: WeAreBlueWeAreWhite on September 08, 2009, 12:10:12 PM
Why are you telling me this,? Your making a bit of a tit of yourself has Billy Boots beaten you down!!!

Billy has taken his ball home, lets face it they need the practice.

Son_of_Sam

"flight of the Earls"

Run away Nordie Cowards  ;D