Limerick 33/1

Clare 40/1

Dublin 50/1

Offaly 150/1

Wexford 150/1

Laois 400/1

Antrim 500/1

Carlow 1000/1

Kilkenny, Tipp and Galway rightfully the three favourites.  Tipp and Galway are the only ones that can beat Kilkenny imo.  But you can never count out Cork either, Cork being Cork are always dangerous, they seem to have tradition on their side.  Waterford are still a force to be reckoned with as well.  Dublin's odds continue to improve every year but its sad to see once great hurling counties Wexford and Offaly with odds so far out.  It just shos how far hurling has gone back in those counties even if Offaly did show signs of revival last year.

orangeman

KK at evens aren't much value really.

Tipp at 15/8 aren't value either.

The bookies never give anything away.

Premier Emperor

Easy money to be had on Tipp.
Kilkenny are in serious decline.
They won't have Diarmuid Kirwan bailing them out next time.

orangeman

Quote from: Premier Emperor on September 07, 2009, 06:07:29 PM

Do the Tipp lads seriously blame Kirwan for losing the match or contributing to their loss by way of the penalty incident ?.

I've a feeling that just at that stage with Benny having been sent off and Henry firing one over from about 85 yards, that KK were on the charge and might have gone on to win anyway.

I'm not sure that KK are in serious decline. It's just that they're now at a level where they can win an AI by a few points as opposed to doing what they did to the Deise last year.

I did feel sorry for Tipp after having expended every last drop of energy in trying to overcome KK.

Had they scored one of those goal chances after half time, I've no doubt that they'd have kicked on and won the game as they had KK in serious trouble.

Galwaybhoy

Quote from: orangeman on September 07, 2009, 06:23:02 PM
Quote from: Premier Emperor on September 07, 2009, 06:07:29 PM

Do the Tipp lads seriously blame Kirwan for losing the match or contributing to their loss by way of the penalty incident ?.

I've a feeling that just at that stage with Benny having been sent off and Henry firing one over from about 85 yards, that KK were on the charge and might have gone on to win anyway.

I'm not sure that KK are in serious decline. It's just that they're now at a level where they can win an AI by a few points as opposed to doing what they did to the Deise last year.

I did feel sorry for Tipp after having expended every last drop of energy in trying to overcome KK.

Had they scored one of those goal chances after half time, I've no doubt that they'd have kicked on and won the game as they had KK in serious trouble.

I think Tipp can feel annoyed for the penalty decision, but they had chances to win the match, and well Tipp fans need to remember what goes around comes around. ;D

Donnellys Hollow

Cork's price looks generous enough. If they put down the placards and pick up the hurls during the winter this year, they might be worth a small investment.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on September 08, 2009, 04:33:28 PM
Cork's price looks generous enough. If they put down the placards and pick up the hurls during the winter this year, they might be worth a small investment.

I think Cork are on the downward slope at this stage. Obviously they have such a huge pick that they will always be fairly competitive but underage has been a bit of a wasteland for them in recent years. It's even hard to see them dislodging Tipp in Munster for the forseeable future. Nice value bet considering they are a big name but I don't see any All-Ireland's there in the immediate future. The main men are all well up there in age and the lads coming through to replace them while not bad hurlers are not of the same standard.

EddieMerx

Bogball XV

Quote from: orangeman on September 07, 2009, 06:23:02 PMDo the Tipp lads seriously blame Kirwan for losing the match or contributing to their loss by way of the penalty incident ?.
How in all seriousness would they not??

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on September 08, 2009, 04:40:51 PM

I think Cork are on the downward slope at this stage. Obviously they have such a huge pick that they will always be fairly competitive but underage has been a bit of a wasteland for them in recent years. It's even hard to see them dislodging Tipp in Munster for the forseeable future. Nice value bet considering they are a big name but I don't see any All-Ireland's there in the immediate future. The main men are all well up there in age and the lads coming through to replace them while not bad hurlers are not of the same standard.

12/1 about them is still the value in that market though. They were arguably unlucky against Tipp this year even allowing for their interrupted preparation. If Niall McCarthy hadn't missed that sitter against Galway as well who knows what might have happened. Their half-back line and midfield are getting on a bit now but they're still as good as anything else out there from 5->9. Cadogan has the makings of a good full-back and they'll probably have one of the best corner-backs in the business back for next year in Brian Murphy. They are too reliant on Ben O'Connor in the forwards though and they need to unearth some new blood up front. On the plus side, Aisake should have much more hurling under his belt and his touch and striking should improve.

Munster next year looks between themselves and Tipp. Limerick's semi-final horror show will have knocked them back and it will take a few years before Clare and Waterford's u21s come through. I wouldn't back against Cork taking Tipp down in Pairc Uí Chaoimh.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on September 08, 2009, 05:02:01 PM

12/1 about them is still the value in that market though. They were arguably unlucky against Tipp this year even allowing for their interrupted preparation. If Niall McCarthy hadn't missed that sitter against Galway as well who knows what might have happened. Their half-back line and midfield are getting on a bit now but they're still as good as anything else out there from 5->9. Cadogan has the makings of a good full-back and they'll probably have one of the best corner-backs in the business back for next year in Brian Murphy. They are too reliant on Ben O'Connor in the forwards though and they need to unearth some new blood up front. On the plus side, Aisake should have much more hurling under his belt and his touch and striking should improve.

Munster next year looks between themselves and Tipp. Limerick's semi-final horror show will have knocked them back and it will take a few years before Clare and Waterford's u21s come through. I wouldn't back against Cork taking Tipp down in Pairc Uí Chaoimh.

You never know as anyone can pull off a surprise win on any given day but I don't see it with Cork. At least in terms of actually going on to win an All-Ireland. The graph for that team is going down not up and it's difficult to reverse that trend without a major influx of new blood. While 12/1 seems attractive on the face of it for a Cork team It's very hard to see them seriously contending. It's difficult to look beyond anyone other than KK or Tipp although I think it's possible that someone will upset one of them.

But hey the bookies will certainly take your bet. ;D

lilpaulie85

I dont think tipps dominence of munster is guaranteed by any means, Cork were unlucky against them and Waterford didn't take their chances in the munster final either. Galway altough much improved lack the support to back up joe canning in the forwards, maybe they should look to their minors some of whom were fantastic on sunday.

I think Waterford have some quality to blood in to an aging team, Martin O'Neill for one was brilliant all year as was Maurice Shanahan. Also in a one off game they can out score just about anyone on their day.

Cork are never down for too long and if the internal fighting doesn't rear its head again they could put on a charge next year.
They still have some quality however maybe one or two of those are past their best.
Chase the dream not the competition.

Reillers

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on September 08, 2009, 05:07:00 PM
Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on September 08, 2009, 05:02:01 PM

You never know as anyone can pull off a surprise win on any given day but I don't see it with Cork. At least in terms of actually going on to win an All-Ireland. The graph for that team is going down not up and it's difficult to reverse that trend without a major influx of new blood. While 12/1 seems attractive on the face of it for a Cork team It's very hard to see them seriously contending. It's difficult to look beyond anyone other than KK or Tipp although I think it's possible that someone will upset one of them.

But hey the bookies will certainly take your bet. ;D
Cork have been a goal miss or a penalty save away from going further then we did this season and the one before. We need a full pre season, the Denis Walsh has great ideas, and hopefully will be able to blood the players that we know are there, or coming through. Some are past it, and Walsh just needs to start with a clean slate, and get rid of some of the players who've past it. His ideas were good but he really didn't have the chance to put them in place.

I wouldn't hold my breath about success at underage level, even though it's clear to most at home that the players are there. But the massive chance at success with JBM in place is gone now and regrettably men who've failed time and time again have been put in place instead. A massive chance gone, yet again, before the season even starts.

The Real Laoislad

You'll Never Walk Alone.

randomtask

galway look a good shout, might make an investment