Alan McCrabbe
Henry Shefflin
Seamas Callinan
Eddie Brennan
John Mullane
Lar Corbett
Noel McGrath

Hurler of the Year - Tommy Walsh
come disagree with me on http://gushtystuppencehapenny.wordpress.com/ and spread the word

highorlow

QuoteHurler of the Year - Tommy Walsh

Is he the same Tommy Walsh that the 'panel' said should have been sent off against Galway?
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

orangeman

Quote from: highorlow on September 06, 2009, 11:14:18 PM

Is he the same Tommy Walsh that the 'panel' said should have been sent off against Galway?

Seems so. These boys get their money handy.

longrunsthefox

johnneycool

Quote from: orangeman on September 06, 2009, 11:16:54 PM
Quote from: highorlow on September 06, 2009, 11:14:18 PM

Seems so. These boys get their money handy.

I don't see the contradiction here at all lads. Tommy should have seen the line against Galway but he still was the best hurler throughout the year. It's not as if he killed anyone.

lilpaulie85

Quote from: longrunsthefox on September 06, 2009, 11:34:53 PM
No Joe Canning  ???

Canning didn't do enough from play to merit an all-star i dont think even though he finished the top scorer.
Chase the dream not the competition.

mouview

Quote from: lilpaulie85 on September 07, 2009, 03:22:13 PM
No Joe Canning  ???

Canning didn't do enough from play to merit an all-star i dont think even though he finished the top scorer.

Sheflin did SFA more but still seems to get one. Touch of the DJs creeping into it now.

johnneycool

Quote from: mouview on September 07, 2009, 03:53:39 PM
Quote from: lilpaulie85 on September 07, 2009, 03:22:13 PM
No Joe Canning  ???

Sheflin did SFA more but still seems to get one. Touch of the DJs creeping into it now.

Shefflin had a good semi-final vrs Waterford, but was fairly quiet yesterday and against the Dub's. Come to think of it can't remember him doing anything great against Galway either but he'll get his allstar nonetheless.

AZOffaly

Shefflin scored 0-10 against Galway, 0-06 v Dublin, 1-14 v Waterford and 1-08 v Tipperary. That's decent going.

orangeman

Quote from: AZOffaly on September 07, 2009, 04:18:36 PM
Shefflin scored 0-10 against Galway, 0-06 v Dublin, 1-14 v Waterford and 1-08 v Tipperary. That's decent going.

Decent going alright. Imagine what he'd score in a good year.

johnneycool

Barring the semi-final most of those scores were from dead balls, granted someone has to put them over/in and Henry's as good as is out there but not sure if its the basis for an allstar.

For what it's worth I think he'll get his allstar but I'm not sure he deserves it if it was based on open play.

Joe Canning is the championships highest scorer who'd a great game against Kilkenny but his star waned as the year went on, does he merit an allstar?

GalwayBayBoy

Strangely enough the only game I thought he played really well in throughout was against Waterford. Not that he was bad in any of the other games mind.

AZOffaly

Shefflin scored 4 from play against Galway, and 1-06 against Waterford. Not sure of the Dublin game.

I think he's been good this year.

If this discussion is really about Joe Canning though, then I think he is worth his place on the team of the year as well. People are adding weight to Noel McGrath's year because it's his first. He's a great talent, and had a great year himself, but Joe Canning is still the benchmark for all young players.

Premier Emperor

Padriag Maher should be full back.

slow corner back

Quote from: Premier Emperor on September 07, 2009, 06:06:30 PM
Padriag Maher should be full back.
Agreed, really steadied the ship for Tipp since he moved back there