Tommy Tiernan - "World Tour Of Mayo '09"

Started by ross4life, September 05, 2009, 03:09:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pintsofguinness

I think he's an idiot. 

Went to that show he was doing with O'Hanlon and Moran, they were excellent as was the local comedian that done the warm up.  Tiernan was the last on stage and just acted the idiot, if someone boucning around a stage like a child that drank too much Coke trying to shock people is your idea of funny then fair enough.  Not for everyone though.

And similar to Patrick Kielty, there's nothing less funny than a comedian laughing at his own jokes!
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Donnellys Hollow

Can't stand the guy myself. Went to one of his gigs once with a few friends and it was spectacularly unfunny. I don't understand the hype about him at all. He's not a patch on Moran or O'Briain.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

RedandGreenSniper

Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year

ross4life

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on September 05, 2009, 07:40:27 PM
Can't stand the guy myself. Went to one of his gigs once with a few friends and it was spectacularly unfunny. I don't understand the hype about him at all. He's not a patch on Moran or O'Briain.

who is Moran & O' Briain ??? dylan moran the nervous guy? & o briain fat non funny guy??

everyone has there own taste i guess? went to Des Bishop few times also i didn't find him funny & nearly all the father Ted cast are well known Comedians (how many of those, would people here class funny?)

The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

ludermor

Tony Baloney

TT is a walking cliche. He has taken the hardcore elements from actual funny comedians like Bill Hicks and Richard Pryor and tried to be an edgy act. The difference between them and him is that they had edge and were funny and well he's just not funny.

Lar Naparka

Quote from: ludermor on September 05, 2009, 08:24:00 PM
My favourite comedian is Sligoian
;D ;D
How about Rossfan as the warm up guy?
I can just imagine it; one night in Bellaghy and the next one in Ballagh..
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

Rossfan

At least we might make ye laugh unlike Tiernan. ;)
God knows ye need a bit of laughter coming from such a  Godforsaken place. :D ;D
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

RedandGreenSniper

Quote from: Rossfan on September 05, 2009, 10:04:50 PM

God knows I need a bit of laughter coming from such a  Godforsaken place. :D ;D

I'm glad you can admit it.
Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Lar Naparka on September 05, 2009, 10:02:03 PM
Quote from: ludermor on September 05, 2009, 08:24:00 PM
My favourite comedian is Sligoian
;D ;D
How about Rossfan as the warm up guy?
I can just imagine it; one night in Bellaghy and the next one in Ballagh..

LOL.  :D :D :D
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

maggie

I see he got married in a catholic church in Monaghan a few weeks ago.
I may be incorrect but did he not totally slate the church and all it stood for in the past??

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: maggie on September 05, 2009, 11:38:10 PM
I see he got married in a catholic church in Monaghan a few weeks ago.
I may be incorrect but did he not totally slate the church and all it stood for in the past??

I thought he was married before?
I also thought if you were married before and get divorced you couldn't re-marry in a Catholic Church  ???
You'll Never Walk Alone.

The Forfeit Point

he is about as funny as cancer.
an absolute w@nker who i would love to see the end of

mournerambler

I cannot stand this p***k, went to see him a couple of years ago in Vicar Street & I have to say he was crap & in no way was he funny.
The warm-up was a woman who I think was Tiernan's cousin, she tried to crack a tasteless joke about the late Katy French(prob about a month after she died) which went down like a lead balloon

Son_of_Sam

According to AIB Irelands largest bank Ballagh is in Mayo too  ;D