The Late Late Show - The Ryan Tubridy Era

Started by The Real Laoislad, September 04, 2009, 06:57:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Real Laoislad

Gillian Quinn has a fine set on her..

btw how does a young wan from Carlow have a D4 f**king accent?
You'll Never Walk Alone.

orangeman

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on September 04, 2009, 11:43:44 PM
Gillian Quinn has a fine set on her..

btw how does a young wan from Carlow have a D4 f**king accent?

Lovely legs alright.  ;)

comethekingdom

I thought Tubridy did ok last night -  especially for his first show. Maybe there was a little too much of the old Tubridy show format on display but in fairness he gave Cowen a right oul grillin. Asking him about his drinking , NAMA and politicians wasting taxpayers money on lavish expenses - these boys should be asked and embarressed every time they come near a tv camera. Mindyou - our own countyman is one of the worst offenders. :(
(Mrs Quinn has a great set alright orangeman.)

Archie Mitchell

JohnDenver is a great admirer or Ryan Tubridy. Never misses a show and has them all taped on VHS at home!

the Deel Rover

watched about an hour of it thought it wasn't to bad, any one else think that the corr girl hasn't a note in her head she should stick to the fiddle
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: comethekingdom on September 05, 2009, 09:44:26 AM
I thought Tubridy did ok last night -  especially for his first show. Maybe there was a little too much of the old Tubridy show format on display but in fairness he gave Cowen a right oul grillin. Asking him about his drinking , NAMA and politicians wasting taxpayers money on lavish expenses - these boys should be asked and embarressed every time they come near a tv camera. Mindyou - our own countyman is one of the worst offenders. :(
(Mrs Quinn has a great set alright orangeman.)

Do you not think asking him about his drinking was a step to far? I did to be honest
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Zapatista

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on September 05, 2009, 11:14:55 AMDo you not think asking him about his drinking was a step to far? I did to be honest

I'd say it had been mentioned to Cowen beforehand and he agreed to allow it. I'd say it was a case of clearing it up but it was a bit cringeworthy and bad TV.

D4S

Quote from: the Deel Rover on September 05, 2009, 10:56:08 AM
watched about an hour of it thought it wasn't to bad, any one else think that the corr girl hasn't a note in her head she should stick to the fiddle
I agree she was brutal!

Felt a bit sorry for Cowan he looked so uncomfortable!

Bryan/Brian however he spells it now McFadden didn't come across as likeable at all.

Thought Tubridy did well for a first show, he askled questions to Cowan that Kenny never would have asked.  They just get the Paisleys on again as Pat Kenny was a laughing stock after lickin their arses when they were on.  At least Tubridy asks the cringey questions!
The secret of success in life is for a man to be ready for his opportunity when it comes.

Main Street

It was on the tv here but I only listened to the Cowen interview.
He sounds a decent enough man but one that you'd expect to find acting as the mayor of Tullamore not quite the leader of our great country.

What was the name of the group (not the Corr lady) who played live?, they sounded quite good.

Drumanee 1

have to say pleasantly surprised at last nights show,tubridy certainly changed his usual interviewing style by asking the hard questions,i think theres a few things they need to iron out,for starters the desk had cable going down the leg and taped on with insulating tape!and the big late late signs behind the audience look very tacky.did anybody notice the band fcukin up at the end?

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Drumanee 1 on September 05, 2009, 01:17:57 PM
have to say pleasantly surprised at last nights show,tubridy certainly changed his usual interviewing style by asking the hard questions,i think theres a few things they need to iron out,for starters the desk had cable going down the leg and taped on with insulating tape!and the big late late signs behind the audience look very tacky.did anybody notice the band fcukin up at the end?

LOL That was the first thing I noticed when he set down...some shoddy sparks around RTE  :D
You'll Never Walk Alone.

the Deel Rover

Quote from: Main Street on September 05, 2009, 01:15:57 PM
It was on the tv here but I only listened to the Cowen interview.
He sounds a decent enough man but one that you'd expect to find acting as the mayor of Tullamore not quite the leader of our great country.

What was the name of the group (not the Corr lady) who played live?, they sounded quite good.

Was it david gray ?
Crossmolina Deel Rovers

Main Street

That must be the name, thanks.
I never heard him before.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Main Street on September 05, 2009, 01:57:11 PM

You've never heard of David Gray...Really ???
You'll Never Walk Alone.

the Deel Rover

Quote from: Main Street on September 05, 2009, 01:57:11 PM

he hasn't realeased anything for a while but his best selling album is white ladder, thought last nights song was good might just buy his new album
Crossmolina Deel Rovers