Our Wee Cowpen?

Started by T Fearon, September 03, 2009, 10:04:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roger

Quote from: Jim_Murphy_74 on September 04, 2009, 10:00:41 AM
Quote from: Roger on September 04, 2009, 12:44:59 AM
Possibly bigotry is good craic when its the same as your own bigotry.

Possibly........and possibly it is easy to dismiss over the top rantings, delivered with a plethora of standard phrases as an attempt to wind up a group that never fail to respond.  Maybe this chap holds these beliefs true and is the raving bigot OWC claim he is or maybe he is just having the craic, watching a bunch froth at the mouth over a bunch of ones and zeros on the ether...........

That said, there is a line I believe no discussion board should cross and that is the line where contributors privacy is comprised.   OWC'ers sending photos/postcards by post, showing up at a lad's workplace, admins revealing e-mail addresses (with the exhortation of "You know what to do guys...") and even putting a lads work address/phone-number on the web is different from a over-weight middle-aged man with too much times on his hands.

For some of us round these parts, that's the difference.

/Jim.
It is irresponsible for bigotry and sectarian comments to be canvassed widely in the media and simply accepted or written off as a wind-up or a bit of craic.  Comparing two wrongs doesn't make one of them less bad or more acceptable imo.

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Roger on September 04, 2009, 12:07:07 PM

Possibly........and possibly it is easy to dismiss over the top rantings, delivered with a plethora of standard phrases as an attempt to wind up a group that never fail to respond.  Maybe this chap holds these beliefs true and is the raving bigot OWC claim he is or maybe he is just having the craic, watching a bunch froth at the mouth over a bunch of ones and zeros on the ether...........

That said, there is a line I believe no discussion board should cross and that is the line where contributors privacy is comprised.   OWC'ers sending photos/postcards by post, showing up at a lad's workplace, admins revealing e-mail addresses (with the exhortation of "You know what to do guys...") and even putting a lads work address/phone-number on the web is different from a over-weight middle-aged man with too much times on his hands.

/Jim.
It is irresponsible for bigotry and sectarian comments to be canvassed widely in the media and simply accepted or written off as a wind-up or a bit of craic.  Comparing two wrongs doesn't make one of them less bad or more acceptable imo.
::).......but its ok if the likes of yourself and other unionists/loyalists perennially do it in the media !

Roger

Quote from: lynchbhoy on September 04, 2009, 12:19:31 PM

/Jim.
::).......but its ok if the likes of yourself and other unionists/loyalists perennially do it in the media !
What bigotry are you accusing me of writing in media?

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Roger on September 04, 2009, 12:43:56 PM

/Jim.
eg from another thread (just took the first one that I found - loads of material from yez in here as well as the heavy hitters in the media)
The nationalist community (rightly or wrongly which is not the question) had created a situation

Roger

Quote from: lynchbhoy on September 04, 2009, 01:13:39 PM

/Jim.
eg from another thread (just took the first one that I found - loads of material from yez in here as well as the heavy hitters in the media)
The nationalist community (rightly or wrongly which is not the question) had created a situation
Wise up Lynch.  That thread was talking about a security situation that had been created not the reasons for creating it. I gave my opinion on the matter and I did not refer to nationalists in a derogatory and insulting manner. 

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Roger on September 04, 2009, 01:18:50 PM

/Jim.
Wise up Lynch.  That thread was talking about a security situation that had been created not the reasons for creating it. I gave my opinion on the matter and I did not refer to nationalists in a derogatory and insulting manner.
:D
brilliant. Ya couldnt make it up !

Roger

Did I call the nationalists anything other than what Jim Murphy called them ie nationalists?

stew

Quote from: ziggysego on September 03, 2009, 08:32:27 PM
One of them also called by to see him at his workplace unannounced one day too. A right wee love in it turned out to be as it happens.

That sounds like something the boulSouth Belfast Eejit Mac would do, either him or wee marty.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

stew

Quote from: stew on September 03, 2009, 08:23:40 PM
Quote from: Roger on September 03, 2009, 04:50:48 PM
Quote from: rolloutking on September 03, 2009, 03:34:21 PM
Quotesomeone posting on a gaa website, with predominately gaa posters, going on with the sort of bigoted shite tony goes on with reflects on gaa followers in general.

Its not as if anyone from the other side of the community is going to read this thread. Everyone looking at this board has some form of interest or connection to the GAA so I sincerely doubt that this it is going to have any reflection on gaa followers regardless of what it says.
The arch bigot writes so much propaganda in other media he draws people to this board where he delivers some of his worst comments.  Seems he is tolerated by a good few people here and (thankfully) there are some that do actually feel embarrassed by him.

The arch bigot as you call him is nowhere near as bad as some of the cast of characters that post or did post on owc, peter from castlederg for example or for that matter the nutters that wanted to put manners on holly aged 8 from Kent.

Fearon has the likes of you on a string, you follow him around the country fighting him at every turn, wasting your time and your lives to discredit him and all you do is look like a bunch of eejits.

Fearon is good craic, the best way to get him off his anti IFA rant is to simply ignore him. You are not capable of that, he knows it and in fact counts on it.

FFS you clowns took pictures of his secretary and sent it to him, are you lot right in the head?

I have no ill will towards the norths soccer team, I am indifferent to them and even more indifferent to the souths team, that said I look for both teams results to see how they did and hope they win because they represent Ireland, the same goes for cricket, golf and every other team playing for Ireland.
I disagree with tony a lot, especially his views on the presbyterians and his take on how wasps were formed.  :D

I left Ireland to get away from the bigotry that was rife in the country, we didnt want our kids growing up in a society were the bigotted police and army stop you, harass you and if you happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time, kill you.

Roger, I have my views and you have yours, just because you tar me as a bigot does not make me one, not that your opinion of me matters to me in the slightest.

Ignore Fearon and he will lose interest and move on to annoy the shite out of someone else, I know for a fact he laughs his arse off at the reaction he gets.

One last thing, I thought is reprehensible that owc sent some cnut in to try and take Tony's job away from him, is there nothing you lot wont stoop to?

Rossfan

Quote from: stew on September 04, 2009, 04:52:45 PM
, we didnt want our kids growing up in a society were the bigotted police and army stop you, harass you and if you happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time, kill you.

Hopefully you didnt go to live in the U S so.

You didnt........ did you
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

stew

Quote from: Roger on September 04, 2009, 01:18:50 PM

/Jim.

:D :D :D

You are either incredibly arrogant or incredibly ignorant, which one is it?

stew

Quote from: Rossfan on September 04, 2009, 05:00:33 PM
Quote from: stew on September 04, 2009, 04:52:45 PM
, we didnt want our kids growing up in a society were the bigotted police and army stop you, harass you and if you happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time, kill you.

I did, I love it here and the kids are thriving.

I have never been stopped by the police over here when I didnt deserve to be, the army certainly never bothered me and I have not come across bigotry very often. I love living in the States and more importantly so do the wife and kids.

Tyrones own

QuoteQuote from: stew on Today at 08:52:45 AM

Oh the Irony ::) ...Bigot

QuoteI did, I love it here and the kids are thriving.
I have never been stopped by the police over here when I didnt deserve to be, the army certainly never bothered me and I have not come across bigotry very often. I love living in the States and more importantly so do the wife and kids.

Ouch....not quite the answer he was rooting for in expressing his less than favorable view of the US Stew but I suppose the truth will have to do him ;D
What part of the US are ye in anyway Rossfan?
Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann

ONeill

Any slappin in Poland yet? Bound to be a few manical Polish Tates Road evictees knocking about with a couple of long beers in him.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

muppet

Quote from: rolloutking on September 03, 2009, 02:50:38 PM
QuoteProud to be a gael

Your a hero. Go on and free Ireland

Quoteembarrassed by this clown

Do you know him or is he part of your family? If not then how can you be embarrassed for an internet user name representing someone who you have most likely never met?

Have you met Corneilius Neil Horan? I haven't, but I am embarrassed for the man and his family.
MWWSI 2017