Refereeing.......

Started by MaroonAndWhite, August 31, 2009, 08:11:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MaroonAndWhite

I have been giving some thought to giving this a go in the last few months. Im a bit long in the tooth to return to playing now but would like to stay involved in some capacity and think id have a decent temprament and knowledge of the rules to get involved in reffing.

Theres not alot of info on gaa.ie on the process of qualifying as a ref,who to contact, fitness requirements etc. If there are any active referees who contribute on here, would you drop me a line and point me in the right direction?

stew

Contact a member of your county board, they will get you what you need.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

orangeman

Quote from: MaroonAndWhite on August 31, 2009, 08:11:27 PM
I have been giving some thought to giving this a go in the last few months. Im a bit long in the tooth to return to playing now but would like to stay involved in some capacity and think id have a decent temprament and knowledge of the rules to get involved in reffing.

Theres not alot of info on gaa.ie on the process of qualifying as a ref,who to contact, fitness requirements etc. If there are any active referees who contribute on here, would you drop me a line and point me in the right direction?

John Bannon is doing nothing now and would be a good teacher.

stew

Quote from: orangeman on August 31, 2009, 11:08:13 PM

Aye dead on, he could teach yer man on how to make every big game about him and not the players involved. Only Gough of antrim was worse at that level.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

orangeman

Quote from: stew on September 01, 2009, 04:31:26 AM

Aye dead on, he could teach yer man on how to make every big game about him and not the players involved. Only Gough of antrim was worse at that level.

And guess what ? He's the referee's assessor now !  ;)

johnneycool

Gough's sin was to send off 3 Dubs in an AI final all of which deserved it yet he was hung out to dry.

orangeman

Quote from: johnneycool on September 01, 2009, 10:32:40 AM

Gough's sin was to send off 3 Dubs in an AI final all of which deserved it yet he was hung out to dry.

That's very true. But he should have known better. He should have known that this would have amounted to sacrilege.  ;)  He never got a game after it.