Team of the decade

Started by bcarrier, August 31, 2009, 12:58:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SidelineKick

Quote from: ONeill on August 31, 2009, 02:32:13 PM
Quote from: bcarrier on August 31, 2009, 01:59:26 PM
Tyrone would not have won 1st two all irelands without Canavan IMO ( he was probably better in 90s though).  O'Neill did not contribute enough to 1st and last tyrone all ireland campaign to make it .

Yea and Cluxton contributed immensely to Dublin's All-Irelands. Stevie O'Neill was winning All-Stars as far back as 2001. His performances in 2005 have rarely been matched. This year he was one of the top forwards on view.
[/b]

You really think so? In which games?

I'm not winding here its a genuine question.
"If you want to box, say you want to box and we'll box"

Reported.

Orior

Francie Bellew would anticpate any ball coming into that forward line long before it was even played. He'd have floored all three forwards, steadied the posts, cut the grass, texted Pat Spillane, repainted the large parallelogram, and still have time for a cup of tea before catching the ball, toe tapping it out about 10 yards, then hand-passing it to Geezer.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: Orior on August 31, 2009, 03:26:22 PM
Francie Bellew would anticpate any ball coming into that forward line long before it was even played. He'd have floored all three forwards, steadied the posts, cut the grass, texted Pat Sillane, repainted the large parallelogram, and still have time for a cup of tea before catching the ball, toe tapping it out about 10 yards, then hand-passing it to Geezer.

Orior, you were going well there until the toe-tapping bit!
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

Billys Boots

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on August 31, 2009, 03:28:16 PM
Francie Bellew would anticpate any ball coming into that forward line long before it was even played. He'd have floored all three forwards, steadied the posts, cut the grass, texted Pat Sillane, repainted the large parallelogram, and still have time for a cup of tea before catching the ball, toe tapping it out about 10 yards, then hand-passing it to Geezer.

Beat me to it Tac.  :)
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

Orior

Quote from: Billys Boots on August 31, 2009, 03:29:58 PM
Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on August 31, 2009, 03:28:16 PM

Beat me to it Tac.  :)

The Tinterent is great for allowing unadultered elaboration of the vernacular.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

comethekingdom

Team of the Decade - KERRY   ;D ;D ;D

bcarrier

so since april

M McCarthy S O'Neill +
Brown  Forde -

is that it ?

betelgeuse

Hard to see how you can omit Marc O Se or Stevie Mc.

Zapatista

Quote from: SidelineKick on August 31, 2009, 03:14:27 PM

Have to agree. I would include him in a team of the decade but he had an average Ulster Championship ( to be fair it was a bit of a stroll ;) ) but played great stuff in the quarter and semi.

rrhf

just enough to get an allstar methinks.

SidelineKick

Quote from: rrhf on September 01, 2009, 08:23:26 AM
just enough to get an allstar methinks.

Quote from: Zapatista on September 01, 2009, 08:17:09 AM
Quote from: SidelineKick on August 31, 2009, 03:14:27 PM

Have to agree. I would include him in a team of the decade but he had an average Ulster Championship ( to be fair it was a bit of a stroll ;) ) but played great stuff in the quarter and semi.

Yeah looking at my post I think I thought I was in the "Allstars" thread  :-[ :-X
"If you want to box, say you want to box and we'll box"

Reported.

rrhf

Oisin the great freetaker, If you noticed him at all from open play,  with his scoring statistics he should have been a certainty, but alas he didnt county on the intercounty field after 02. 

bcarrier

Id have McGrane ahead of Oisin or Stevie if another Armagh man was to make the side.

rrhf

Mc Grane would be very close, Mc Geeney a cert and Mc Donnell very close.  This would make you think that Armagh actually have got so little from Ronan Clarke since 02, for a player probably in the top 3 f/fs in the game. 

SLIGONIAN

greene, harrison, mcguire, donovan, durkin, clancy, J davey, o hara, durcan, mcgarty, taylor, mcpartland, kelly, sloyan, breheny.

Not biased at all and no one can argue with it,

Sorry Pat Sligo were team of the decade :P
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"