All Ireland Hurling Final Kilkenny v Tipp - 4 in a row for Kilkenny ?

Started by orangeman, August 30, 2009, 10:21:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reillers

Quote from: INDIANA on September 06, 2009, 07:23:34 PM
Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on September 06, 2009, 06:45:29 PM
I actually think they will be beaten next year. Not that I would write them off but I think someone will beat them. Don't know who and they may even lose in Leinster and still go on to win the All-Ireland but I do think they are slowly coming back towards some of the other teams.

I thought they looked sluggish and leaden footed for much of the second half until the red card and then the penalty reinvigorated them. As great as they are no team can go on forever although it would be foolish to write them off. A 5th title in a row certainly wouldn't surprise me.

Thats what I'm saying. I think they will be beaten next year. Don't underestimate how much that will bring Tipp on. As for Eoin Kelly Eddie- read Noel Mc Grath who is in the Joe Canning bracket.
Kilkenny aren't going to go away. they'll still do 2 in a rows and win all-irelands every 3 years at least. But they won't ever do a 4 in a row again in my view.
Galway and Tipp are well capable of beating them next year. Richie Hogan and TJ Reid are really fine players but Henry Shefflin and Eddie Brennan they aren't.

Ya, Tipp were the better team imo, the better team lost, but fair play to KK. Great team they are. KK are at the end of the road with this team imo. That doesn't obviously mean they're going away, they've a lot of players to come through and all that. But for this current team, it's near the end I'd say.
As for the game itself..not sure about the ref, I think in parts you could actually say Tipp left it behind. But the result is the result. It was a great game, and KK won, no ammount of whether they deserve it or not changes that. They're a great team and will be remembered for many years to come.

Gnevin

Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

orangeman

Did any of you see the ruthless side of Brian Cody in the post match interview with Marty Morrissey ? Marty asked Cody what he thought of the penalty, suggesting that it was a "dodgy penalty". Cody proceeded to wipe the Croke Park floor with poor wee Marty. If you have it recorded, have a look at it. It's very funnt. Michael Lyster, Loughnane, Mulcahy etc were pissing themselves after it.

Watch out for the banquet tonight.   ;) ;)

the Deel Rover

Quote from: orangeman on September 06, 2009, 07:57:01 PM
Did any of you see the ruthless side of Brian Cody in the post match interview with Marty Morrissey ? Marty asked Cody what he thought of the penalty, suggesting that it was a "dodgy penalty". Cody proceeded to wipe the Croke Park floor with poor wee Marty. If you have it recorded, have a look at it. It's very funnt. Michael Lyster, Loughnane, Mulcahy etc were pissing themselves after it.

the lads in the studio were priceless loughnane asked was there anyone around to lift marty off the ground :D :D , i thought for a second cody was going to tell marty to fcuk off. as for the match  a cracker  tipp imo were the better team however they didn't take their goal chances when they had the chance to put the match away. 
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

Gnevin

Quote from: the Deel Rover on September 06, 2009, 08:09:41 PM

the lads in the studio were priceless loughnane asked was there anyone around to lift marty off the ground :D :D , i thought for a second cody was going to tell marty to fcuk off. as for the match  a cracker  tipp imo were the better team however they didn't take their goal chances when they had the chance to put the match away.

I agree. Anyone think Kilkenny where the better team?  RTÉ seemed to think so but anyone I talked said Tipperary where the better team .
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

Minder

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

orangeman

I thought Marty was going to get a dig in the gob. Loughnane was funny.  :D :D :D

Zapatista

They didn't take their goal chances brcause the keeper saved them. The KK keeper won every one on one he faced.

Brilliant game. It made me realise how good a game hurling is.

imtommygunn

I'd have thought Tipp were the better team too. KK in the second half were, up until the penalty, completely dominated.

Had it not been for Benny Dunne's moment of madness and the penalty they'd have won. In fact possibly just the latter...

I'd have given the MoM to a Tipp player too. Walsh was very good first half but not quite as good second half. Not sure if Kelly, Corbett or the midfielder deserved it most. I suspect the goalie may get it though.

I also think Cody perhaps felt KK didn't deserve it. That would perhaps explain why the reaction with Morrisey. A bit OTT but funny none the less.

orangeman

Kilkenny half-forward Henry Shefflin's goal was a key moment for the Cats but Cody was reluctant to be drawn on the legitimacy of the penalty awarded by referee Diarmuid Kirwan.

He said: 'If you want to start wondering about all the frees that were awarded during the game you would have a fairly busy time.'

Pressed on the subject, he added: 'I have no idea. Did you check all the other frees to see if they were dodgy as well? Maybe you should.'

Reillers

The guilt the poor lad Dunne most be feeling..knowing that his actions pretty much cost Tipp their AI.

the Deel Rover

Quote from: Zapatista on September 06, 2009, 08:16:28 PM

They didn't take their goal chances brcause the keeper saved them. The KK keeper won every one on one he faced.

Brilliant game. It made me realise how good a game hurling is.

yeah zap the 1st save was brilliant however i don't think that eoin kelly connected with his chance
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

Zapatista

Quote from: orangeman on September 06, 2009, 08:16:05 PM

I thought Marty was going to get a dig in the gob. Loughnane was funny.  :D :D :D

He'd have (almost) deserved it too. Cody just won 4 in a row with possibley the greatest team of all time and this is stupid stuff Marty asks him in his first interview after it.

imtommygunn

To be fair to Marty it was a controversial penalty. Most interviewers would have asked the same question. He just lost the run of himself a bit as I doubt he was expecting such a confrontational reaction from Cody.

I don't really like him either BTW...

Minder

Marty Morrissey is to tv what Aids was to West Africa, and he is getting uglier, if possible.......

Still can't believe what Benny Dunne did, would have loved to see if Tipp could stick with them if it was 15 v 15. On another note, I have never seen so many spare tickets about, I saw a fella trying to get rid of a premium level ticket and a lot of people were selling €70 tickets for €50. Good to see because it meant there were no touts.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"