Kerry v Cork All Ireland Final 2009

Started by magickingdom, August 30, 2009, 04:57:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fear ón Srath Bán

Feck I'm bored, now for a little sport.

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on August 31, 2009, 08:09:36 PM
Tyrone are just good at stopping other teams play.

2005    25 September     Tyrone    1-16    Kerry    2-10
2008    21 September     Tyrone    1-15    Kerry    0-14

You were outscored, and outplayed. You don't score 1-16 and 1-15 in All-Ireland finals just by stopping other teams from playing.

They haven't the class and ability to sustain them beyond that which is why you have failed so miserably to defend a title. 

Yeah, I suppose the captain's death and a series of horrific injuries are just run of the mill. Regarding this year: Cork beat ourselves this year, and they also beat your lot. You've won nothing yet.

I know its a tough pill to swallow to see the Kingdom march to their 6th AI in appearance in a row and, hopefully, our 5th AI win this decade but you're efforts would be better employed developing the natural footballers that you lack.

Not at all. It would be so much worse if you were going for 6 All-Irelands in a row, and only we were better than you on every single occasion that we've met in the last decade you probably would be going for SAM number 6 in a row.

Players of the consistent class that you need to mount a sustained challenges. Players that will not only help you win a 2-in-a-row but players that will be appreciated and remembered by neutrals for their special skills not simply work horses like the McMahons or Gormley or....those other fellas...christ, I cant tell them apart, they are all the same....see they are already being forgotten !

You can't remember footballers of the year, there's a surprise, NOT. Not to mention your previous extolling of the workhorse virtues of Paul Galvin. I think all that can be established from that little rant is that you know precious little about football, period.

I suppose the best thing that can be said about Tyrone is that they were very good at dragging teams down to their level....they excelled at mediocrity, so to speak. Tisn't much of a legacy...but I suppose tis a legacy all the same.

3 All-Irelands in 6 years will do us, so far. You never know, your lot might be able to break that 23 years of being incapable of beating Tyrone in the Championship... one of these decades.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

betelgeuse

Entertaining and all as the Kerry V Tyrone banter always is, I don't think it has much relevance to this year's final.

A Quinn Martin Production

Antrim - One Of A Dying Breed of Genuine Dual Counties

Main Street

Tyronites, with an outbreak of the decade complex on the AIF thread, in banter with a troll.

This thread could die a horrible death.

Barney

For some bizarre reason Marty Duffy will get the job.

McQuillan, Bannon and Kinnevey have all stained their bibs over the last 3 weeks. The ineptitude is alarming.

Duffy was kept in quarantine the last few weeks - didn't even get a linesman gig.

But then he is a brilliant ref when you compare him to the brother.

Jinxy

What?
He's way too small to ref an All-Ireland final!
If you were any use you'd be playing.

criostlinn

He did get a lot of credit for the way he reffed the new rules in the Dublin V Tyrone league game.

tyssam5

Quote from: criostlinn on September 01, 2009, 02:12:40 PM
He did get a lot of credit for the way he reffed the new rules in the Dublin V Tyrone league game.

I've a feeling this game would finish 5-a-side under the new rules. Hope I am proved wrong.

Puckoon

timmykelleher

Quote from: orangeman on August 31, 2009, 10:36:29 PM
Paddy Power is doing a book on the first man to be sent off.

Interesting..... without looking at paddypower.com I'm guessing...

Joint favourite: O'Leary, Galvin
Followed by:
D O'Sé
Pearse O'Neill
Miskella
Tomas O'Sé
alan O'Connor
Graham Canty

We could be down to 11 a side by the end  :)
Corcaigh - McGrath cup champions - 2009

SLIGONIAN

Quote from: Barney on September 01, 2009, 12:01:21 PM

McQuillan, Bannon and Kinnevey have all stained their bibs over the last 3 weeks. The ineptitude is alarming.

Duffy was kept in quarantine the last few weeks - didn't even get a linesman gig.

But Barney his brother is beyond bad...as a Sligoman I wish him well, but I dont rate him as ref, ive seen have good days but they would be in the minority...
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

comethekingdom

Most people were expecting Pat McEneaney to be thrown the whistle for this one. Duffy mightn't be too bad please God but Banty reffed Kerry v Cork already this year. I thought he would be given it again considering it could be a tempestous affair. Hopefully O'Leary will behave himself in this one and leave Paul Galvin alone.

tyssam5

Quote from: comethekingdom on September 01, 2009, 07:47:40 PM
Most people were expecting Pat McEneaney to be thrown the whistle for this one. Duffy mightn't be too bad please God but Banty reffed Kerry v Cork already this year. I thought he would be given it again considering it could be a tempestous affair. Hopefully O'Leary will behave himself in this one and leave Paul Galvin alone.

And O'Neill would need to leave big innocent Dara alone too? There always startin fights them Cork boys!

comethekingdom

Quote from: tyssam5 on September 01, 2009, 08:50:02 PM
Quote from: comethekingdom on September 01, 2009, 07:47:40 PM

And O'Neill would need to leave big innocent Dara alone too? There always startin fights them Cork boys!
Darragh has got 2 red cards in his 80 game championship career - both for rows with O'Neill !!

Owenmoresider

Quote from: Barney on September 01, 2009, 12:01:21 PM

A joke decision. And you're right about the brother too. The joy of being a low-level club in our county is not being exposed to their egotism with the whistle.

Kerry v Cork, no pitch invasion, and Duffy reffing - never mind not going, I'll hardly have the heart to even watch it.