Kerry v Cork All Ireland Final 2009

Started by magickingdom, August 30, 2009, 04:57:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moysider

Pity both of them cant lose. I d have to prefer Kerry. I ll probably leave after the minor match.

johnpower

Quote from: moysider on August 30, 2009, 08:58:40 PM

Pity both of them cant lose. I d have to prefer Kerry. I d rather eat dog vomit than support a Cork team. I ll probably leave after the minor match.

Thanks .

nedman

Quote from: anglocelt39 on August 30, 2009, 07:41:41 PM
think myself it's nice to see two counties from the stongest and most successful football province make it though, they should be fresh at any rate.

cork favourites on current form, however get feeling Kerry doing what it takes so far and will be a different proposition in three weeks time. Indiffent about result

Fixed that for you

ardmhachaabu

Quote from: ONeill on August 30, 2009, 06:01:30 PM
The final was last week.
It will be the closest to an AI final thatTyrone will be in quite a few years.

Cork to win, comfortably.
Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something

tyssam5

Cork slight favorites on paddypower with Kerry available at 11/10

Liked the look of Walsh when he came on today. I'd say he will start the final, roam out to MF if needed.

I think a replay might required in this final?

betelgeuse

Cork will turn up, Counihan will see to that.  Will Kerry?  If they do, it could be a classic.  Kerry by a nose.

D4S

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on August 30, 2009, 06:20:43 PM
Quote from: The Real Laoislad on August 30, 2009, 06:10:05 PM
Quote from: magickingdom on August 30, 2009, 06:03:35 PM
Quote from: The Real Laoislad on August 30, 2009, 05:59:37 PM
Why was the Mcguigan blasts Splliane thread deleted?

i hate when someone does that, it was there 10 minutes ago. .

Mike Sheehy tipped them over the edge  :D

Its funny watching an entire county doing  a "kevin Keegan"  ;D

A certain Mr Spillane's rant last Sunday was a bit Keegan-esk? No?
The secret of success in life is for a man to be ready for his opportunity when it comes.

timmykelleher

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on August 30, 2009, 05:59:37 PM
Why was the Mcguigan blasts Splliane thread deleted?

Conor Counihan had it removed.
We do not need that kind of article posted up for Kerry players to see.
We do not need Kerry players thinking: "so they think they are going to hammer us..... "
Most unhelpful.
Corcaigh - McGrath cup champions - 2009

timmykelleher

Pity both of them cant lose.

I'd accuse you of begrudgery except I feel the same about the hurling  :-\
Corcaigh - McGrath cup champions - 2009

rrhf

Firstly may I just say that Id like to see the team that beat Tyrone win the AI and thats Cork. 
I think this final could be a pure dirtfest of a match.  Corks discipline is suspect - I would imagine this is one area Kerry can exploit. 
Kerry retain the potential to have this game won inside 20 minutes as this team hits ye hard and early. 

If Cork dont fold their cards early they will win, a much superior team.  A concern over Kerry would be that in nay matches  over the last decade, that they have  played a team with an organised defense have shown time and time again they dont have the balls for the big fight. Lie down in front of them and they will walk all over you.     

magickingdom

Pity both of them cant lose. I d have to prefer Kerry. I ll probably leave after the minor match.

dont let the door hit you in the arse on the way out ;)

seafoid

Mayo should be awarded the All-Ireland posthumously.

Otherwise I think Cork will win. Kerry seem to be overleveraged.

Mike Sheehy

Quote from: rrhf on August 31, 2009, 12:47:20 PM
Firstly may I just say that Id like to see the team that beat Tyrone win the AI and thats Cork. 
I think this final could be a pure dirtfest of a match.  Corks discipline is suspect - I would imagine this is one area Kerry can exploit. 
Kerry retain the potential to have this game won inside 20 minutes as this team hits ye hard and early. 

If Cork dont fold their cards early they will win, a much superior team.  A concern over Kerry would be that in nay matches  over the last decade, that they have  played a team with an organised defense have shown time and time again they dont have the balls for the big fight. Lie down in front of them and they will walk all over you.     

give it up rrhf. niggling at us now is pointless. Tyrone are just good at stopping other teams play. They haven't the class and ability to sustain them beyond that which is why you have failed so miserably to defend a title.  I know its a tough pill to swallow to see the Kingdom march to their 6th AI in appearance in a row and, hopefully, our 5th AI win this decade but you're efforts would be better employed developing the natural footballers that you lack. Players of the consistent class that you need to mount a sustained challenges. Players that will not only help you win a 2-in-a-row but players that will be appreciated and remembered by neutrals for their special skills not simply work horses like the McMahons or Gormley or....those other fellas...christ, I cant tell them apart, they are all the same....see they are already being forgotten !

I suppose the best thing that can be said about Tyrone is that they were very good at dragging teams down to their level....they excelled at mediocrity, so to speak. Tisn't much of a legacy...but I suppose tis a legacy all the same.

orangeman

The referee will have a job and a half on his hands. Rumour has it that Marty Duffy, Sligo is to be the man in the middle.

Big men for big games ??? O'Rourke wrong again.

Paddy Power is doing a book on the first man to be sent off.

criostlinn

marty duffy definitly reffing the final