UEFA Charge Eduardo for Diving !

Started by Hoof Hearted, August 28, 2009, 12:32:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Main Street

I don't understand the rationale that a player seen to dive in the box by the ref can get a yellow card but a diver potentially can get a 2 match ban using video evidence after the event for exactly the same dive.

Best situation for spotting penalty box incidents is one that stands the best chance of catching a diver in the act and a yellow card on the spot for a clear dive.

BennyHarp

Quote from: Main Street on August 31, 2009, 02:05:00 PM
I don't understand the rationale that a player seen to dive in the box by the ref can get a yellow card but a diver potentially can get a 2 match ban using video evidence after the event for exactly the same dive.

Was thinking this myself!! Also is there a big difference between a player diving if the goalie makes no contact (Eduardo) and a player diving when a keeper makes very minimal contact? (Rooney) Sure a dive is a dive!!!
That was never a square ball!!

Main Street

Technically there is a difference but imo it is more to do with the goalkeeping.
Almunia did his level best to hand a penalty on a plate to the onrushing player (running away from goal), desperately poor goalkeeping.

Boruc made a technically perfect body block, an excellent example of a goalkeeper using his body to legally shield his goal.

Norf Tyrone

Hmm... I see Mr Rooney hitting the deck rather easilly again.
And Mr Lampard burying the penalty again.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone