East Belfast welcome soccer teams from nationalist areas?

Started by T Fearon, August 28, 2009, 09:14:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stew

Quote from: Roger on September 01, 2009, 01:05:59 AM
I don't think Church attendance is really on the mind of the thugs involved, do you?

Was it church attendance that caused the trouble tonight in East Belfast or was it 'soccer thugs'?  Probably just better to blame 'the Prods' outright, they eat Catholic babies you know  ::)

No but I am pretty sure the cnuts that did this have no love for Catholics and as such would have no time for the church these young fellas would attend!

These loyalist/unionist animals that abused these kids are haters, ask yourself this rog, what do they hate? at a guess I would say fenians, even if they are four foot tall and dressed in soccer gear.

You are an apologist, always have been, always will be.
tell you what rog, let me know when a bunch of fenians attack a group of prods at a milk cup match or something of that kind, I am pretty sure you will fine me one of the first to condemn it without me having to resort to stupid comments like yours as outlined above.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

lynchbhoy

undoubtedly the word was passed from soccer person to soccer person until they all went over to attack these kids.
soccer fans * and soccer in the north has previous form in the rioting/fights etc.
so yes. Soccer thugs.

thankfully none of this happens in GAA circles. The thuggery is left on the pitch  ;) !

* from memory northern Ireland, linfield, glentoran, portadown,cliftonville, shamknacker rovers and Derry city too all have had incidents from fans fighting, pigs heads thrown, buses stoned and paddywagons attacked

Roger

Quote from: stew on September 01, 2009, 04:40:01 AM
Quote from: Roger on September 01, 2009, 01:05:59 AM
I don't think Church attendance is really on the mind of the thugs involved, do you?

Was it church attendance that caused the trouble tonight in East Belfast or was it 'soccer thugs'?  Probably just better to blame 'the Prods' outright, they eat Catholic babies you know  ::)

No but I am pretty sure the cnuts that did this have no love for Catholics and as such would have no time for the church these young fellas would attend!

These loyalist/unionist animals that abused these kids are haters, ask yourself this rog, what do they hate? at a guess I would say fenians, even if they are four foot tall and dressed in soccer gear.

You are an apologist, always have been, always will be.
tell you what rog, let me know when a bunch of fenians attack a group of prods at a milk cup match or something of that kind, I am pretty sure you will fine me one of the first to condemn it without me having to resort to stupid comments like yours as outlined above.
I condemn any attack like this regardless of who is attacking or not attacking.  I just don't think church attendance is the motive of the numbskulls involved.  To answer your question about what they hate, it is difficult to say but probably the unknown is what they hate fuelled by ignorance and tribal / pack mentality and thuggery.

I'm an apologist of what exactly?

Maguire01

I think 'religious background' might be more appropriate than 'Church attendance'.

Roger

Community background maybe but those involved wouldn't know what Catholicism or Protestantism is about.  The religious thing is overplayed and more often used to portray rampant anti-Catholicism by fundamentalist Protestants when really its a case of thugs attacking other percieved to be themmuns.  Everyone should condemn it without making cheap remarks and spin on the matter to skew what has happened to their own Political agenda.  If people don't then imo it just adds to the bizarre mentality that makes these attacks occur.

gallsman

Quote from: Roger on September 02, 2009, 12:14:40 AM
Community background maybe but those involved wouldn't know what Catholicism or Protestantism is about.

You mean getting pissed at Christmas and thinking your morally superior to everybody else? I'd say they ave a few ideas!