Champions League Draw

Started by full back, August 27, 2009, 05:27:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ballinaman

Quote from: full back on December 18, 2009, 12:12:53 PM
Tough game for the PL Champions.

Noy being a pessimist but the way Utd are currently playing means they are up sh1t street.
New signings in January for the midfield are needed, but the challenge is to get someone who hasnt played in the CL yet.

Few other good ties as well
AC Milan are playing muck too these days so should be even enough!!

Norf Tyrone

Welcome home to TSO. Class draw. Would love to be at The Bridge to welcome him home, but in Paris that week.  >:(

Might have to head to the San Siro instead!
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

TheGreatRambo

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on December 18, 2009, 01:02:31 PM
Welcome home to TSO. Class draw. Would love to be at The Bridge to welcome him home, but in Paris that week.  >:(

Don't go, Milans a craphole for a match, well pissed off that United have to go and all

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: TheGreatRambo on December 18, 2009, 01:30:49 PM
Quote from: Norf Tyrone on December 18, 2009, 01:02:31 PM

Don't go, Milans a craphole for a match, well pissed off that United have to go and all

Flight's booked!  :D
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

magpie seanie

stew

Noy being a pessimist but the way Utd are currently playing means they are up sh1t street.
New signings in January for the midfield are needed, but the challenge is to get someone who hasnt played in the CL yet.

I am surprised united never tried to sign Donovan, he would be a tremendous asset to them and i know he will do well at Everton.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

boojangles

Quote from: stew on December 18, 2009, 04:09:02 PM

I am surprised united never tried to sign Donovan, he would be a tremendous asset to them and i know he will do well at Everton.

Do ya reckon? Don't know too much about him.

bingobus

He's only about for 2 1/2 mths? By time he settles and gets the pace of game, he'll be away home. Was it Germany he played in before?

charlie stubbs

stew

Quote from: bingobus on December 18, 2009, 04:26:29 PM

He's only about for 2 1/2 mths? By time he settles and gets the pace of game, he'll be away home. Was it Germany he played in before?

he is an excellent player, a game changer and he will be well suited to the english game.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Minder

Leverkusen i think, and he was rubbish.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

full back

Quote from: stew on December 18, 2009, 04:42:37 PM

he is an excellent player, a game changer and he will be well suited to the english game.

Have seen him a few times for Galaxy & I certainly wouldnt agree with this.
Decent player but I doubt if he will change many games in his time there

Minder

Thats about right FB, he is decent. Nothing more.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

ballinaman

Quote from: Minder on December 18, 2009, 04:50:13 PM
Thats about right FB, he is decent. Nothing more.
Yep, wouldn't take alot to stand out in the MLS...

ross4life

Quote from: magpie seanie on December 18, 2009, 03:38:49 PM
Usual handy draw for United.

yep handy a team with better record & history than liverpool in the Champions league, beaten us quite easy the last two times they played us, & with players like nesta, gattuso, seedorf, pirlo, pato,flamini, Huntelaar, Inzaghi, Ronaldinho and now beckham

should be a walk in the park  ::)
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open