Big Joe in line for the Galway job

Started by tyronefan, August 27, 2009, 09:35:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

armaghniac

QuoteAidan O'Rourke? not a chance

Aidan would be suprise, but if Quinno can get Keano and all that.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

yellowcard

Quote from: Apple Crumble on September 08, 2009, 05:11:42 PM
Quote from: Logan on September 08, 2009, 04:25:55 PM
Quote from: Aghdavoyle on September 08, 2009, 03:02:31 PM
this is the highest grossing management deal in the history of the gaa.
I hope p duffy isn't paying too of attention...
I'd think he if he wants to get busy he has enough to worry about in his own county

Apparently hes lined up Aidan O'Rourke & Ja Fallon as his backroom team.

Interesting.

Not a mission.

crossfire

Quote from: Aghdavoyle on September 08, 2009, 03:02:31 PM
this is the highest grossing management deal in the history of the gaa.
I hope p duffy isn't paying too of attention...

Welcome back Aghdavoyle. ;) ;)

Duine Eile

Don't know if I'd believe that story about Ja, he was selector under Peter Forde and it wasn't exactly sucessful, don't know if he'd be asked again. Names I've heard in relation to the back room team are Michael Donnellan and Sean Og de Paor. Only rumours of course but both fantastic players in their day, it would be interesting to see how they'd get on as part of a management team.  I could see Joe bringing someone from Armagh into his team but you'd imagine he'd need one if not two selectors with a good local knowledge.

Overthebar!

whats the story with jk and o'rourke? do they not get on?

lowball

well they wouldn't be working in a management team together.

Unless Aidan wanted to retire early from management and only find out through the papers!!!

DuffleKing

would o'rourke's relationship with kernan be any worse than most of the rest of the 2002 team?

lowball

I didn't know his relationship with them was bad. I assumed he would still be God to most of them. Not counting Geezer, Aidan and may be Oisin. I was always of the opinion that he was very good to all of them both on and off the field and surely unless they are a very fickle bunch they would repay that.

DuffleKing

not my understanding at all. from my knowledge the majority of them would have a grudging respect for him with little or no contact. byond that there's a fair list who would have an even harder view of joe.

tyronefan

According to the RTE news  Joe will be appointed the new Galway manager to night in time for the county championship semi finals

He must want to get down and get a look at the teams

mrhardyannual

Good to see an outside manager get the job. We in Mayo have taught them all they know for the past dozen years or so ------and no thanks received. ;) ;) ;)

muppet

Quote from: Duine Eile on September 09, 2009, 12:12:24 AM
Don't know if I'd believe that story about Ja, he was selector under Peter Forde and it wasn't exactly sucessful, don't know if he'd be asked again. Names I've heard in relation to the back room team are Michael Donnellan and Sean Og de Paor. Only rumours of course but both fantastic players in their day, it would be interesting to see how they'd get on as part of a management team.  I could see Joe bringing someone from Armagh into his team but you'd imagine he'd need one if not two selectors with a good local knowledge.

He succeeded in getting selected while a selector!

I believe a Mayoman did that before him. For 10 points name him.
MWWSI 2017

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Armamike

Apart from the obvious fiscal attractions i can't really understand men like this wanting to manage other counties and in the process plotting the downfall of their own county. It takes a certain mindset i suppose. 
That's just, like your opinion man.

GalwayBayBoy

Official from Galway GAA

QuoteJoe Kernan is the new Galway Senior Football manager. Galway football delegates rubber stamped the appointment tonight at a meeting in Loughgeorge. He has a three year term. 

Best of luck to the Joe Show. There's two of them now.