Miskella cleared to play in Final

Started by NaomhBridAbĂș, August 27, 2009, 09:21:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NaomhBridAbĂș

Cork's John Miskella is free to play in the All-Ireland SFC final after referee John Bannon stood by his original punishment in Sunday's semi-final.
Bannon was given an opportunity by the GAA's Central Competitions Control Committee to review an off-the-ball incident in Sunday's game.
Miskella appeared to strike Tyrone's Brian McGuigan during the second half.
The Longford man decided that the yellow card imposed at the time was the correct sanction.
Bannon took the decision following a review of the match tape.

I'm glad - even as a Tyrone Fan - Bannon was shit and his legacy should end at the semi final.

in the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king. but he still only has one eye

tyronefan

Glad to see that Bannon make at least one good decision.

Would not have liked to see Miskella missing the final.

BennyHarp

Does this need new thread??? Been discussed to death elsewhere!!
That was never a square ball!!

longrunsthefox

I don't believe it was the correct decision and maybe is time to consider an All Ireland final amnesty.  Bannon obviously bottled this as the furore would have been unreal had he been banned for the final. Jees! Miskella struck McGuigan... If it had happened in May would probably have got banned. Having said that am glad he won't be banned for the final as is the biggest day of his life.   

nrico2006

QuoteI don't believe it was the correct decision and maybe is time to consider an All Ireland final amnesty.  Bannon obviously bottled this as the furore would have been unreal had he been banned for the final. Jees! Miskella struck McGuigan... If it had happened in May would probably have got banned. Having said that am glad he won't be banned for the final as is the biggest day of his life

Agreed.  Bannon makes another balls of a decision.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Gold

cant believe he got off.

Im an Antrim man and wouldnt care if he played in the final or not--he struck McGuigan--the whole country saw what he did--kids saw him hit a man a dig to the back of the head and now know that he didnt get banned for it--disgrace

Miskella knew he was playin in a AISemi final and knew the consequences as he swung to hit McGuigan --he should be banned

Rules are rules and should be applied correctly in all cases--im sure if an Antrim/Carlow/ Donegal/Waterford man  etc struck a man a blow on national TV he would be banned--the GAA cant pick and choose who to ban and to not ban someone as they will miss a final --Miskella is a great footballer but he should be wathcing the final from the stand
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

up tyrone

Mayb he got of because of christy cooneys influence,if he was stupid enough to hit when the game was over he deserved to miss final end of.

Archie Mitchell

Glad he won't get to miss the final but he should be, even for his sheer stupidness of doing that in an AISF when his team had 1 foot in the final at that stage.

By letting him off, what message does this send to the rest of the players that have been suspended. What will happen to the next man who hits another player and then uses the excuse that if Miskella can get away with it, why can't I?

Yet again, the GAA make another balls of the disciplinary procedure.

cornafean

If Miskella (or another player) peels his marker with a box on September 20th, is he immune from sending off as "he shouldn't miss an All Ireland Final". 
Boycott Hadron. Support your local particle collider.

Bogball XV

Quote from: longrunsthefox on August 27, 2009, 10:30:39 AM
I don't believe it was the correct decision and maybe is time to consider an All Ireland final amnesty.  Bannon obviously bottled this as the furore would have been unreal had he been banned for the final. Jees! Miskella struck McGuigan... If it had happened in May would probably have got banned. Having said that am glad he won't be banned for the final as is the biggest day of his life.
precisely, Mullan, Freeman and Doherty didn't get much leniency.  I'd rather he does play in the final, but the gaa can't keep on with this rubbish, gung ho in may and blind eyes in August.

Rossfan

Quote from: Gold on August 27, 2009, 11:23:09 AM
--he struck McGuigan--the whole country saw what he did--kids saw him hit a man a dig to the back of the head

He tapped McGuigan who fell like a man who'd been shot. ::)
Anyway have ye Ulster bieyz not realised yet that the GAA is run by a Munster mafia with an anti Ulster ( and Connacht too if they even recognise our existence) bias. ;)
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM